IGNORED

Which player do you miss the most ?

Major Isewater

I'm happy with our options in midfield and defence (bar right-back but it's been a long time since there's been a right back at City).  I think Adomah or, much as he tarnished his reputation in the manner he left, 2009-2010 Maynard would be useful to have around but the player I reckon the team is most crying out for is 2007-2008 season Basso.  ROD and FF are decent 'keepers but I'm skeptical as to whether either can dominate the position the way the likes of Welch and Basso did.  I've high hopes for Lucic after last night but it might be a bit soon for him. 

2 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Earnie Hunt. (Major - you said which player from recent times, so I know that 42 years ago is stretching it a bit). People have said that Tomlin looks like a pub team player, but Earnie makes him look like an Olympic athlete. When he came onto the pitch I always thought he had come straight from the pub after having a few pints and 20 fags. Plus with his Mexican moustache he looked like  a second rate South American gangster. 

.....not to forget his ....erm, unforgettable free kick routine.

Think we were privileged to see it, probably just the once, at the Gate?  post his Coventry days... before it was outlawed. 

Archived