IGNORED

Song for Team entrance

Fiale

3 minutes ago, reddoh said:

without quoting all your posts your mum and dad have good taste.

Much better than me I suspect, I remember so much from the 70's from hearing it as I was drifting of to sleep, Drifters, Mammas and Pappas etc from mum and Dad with his earthier rock taste.... 

1 minute ago, shelts said:

The majority of people on here. Who knows what the vast majority of fans want us to come out to. Lots of traditions at clubs are old fashioned and out of date but that what makes them special. 

Not sure the players take any notice of it. Is it that important?

Who cares about the players - this is about the match day experience for supporters!!

Is it that important? Not sure but we will never know if the club do not allow fans to vote/discuss it officially rather than a rather bland post like the response on this thread thus far which to me in a nutshell says we will not change it - how can it not say that when we are left to state alternatives on here but no known true method to suggest alternatives that will be considered?

1 minute ago, Neo said:

Who cares about the players - this is about the match day experience for supporters!!

Is it that important? Not sure but we will never know if the club do not allow fans to vote/discuss it officially rather than a rather bland post like the response on this thread thus far which to me in a nutshell says we will not change it - how can it not say that when we are left to state alternatives on here but no known true method to suggest alternatives that will be considered?

That a classic post and I take your point. Next we should try sitting at an away game!

Really? So for a long time we've come out to One For The Bristol City and suddenly it's not good enough, doesn't generate enough atmosphere and needs to be changed? Sorry but that's rubbish, the reason we don't generate a pre match atmosphere that matches some of the top clubs is because we as fans are not good at it. If a friggin durge such as You'll Never Walk Alone can rattle out an atmosphere at Anfield then there is no reason why we can't either if we are willing. 

Also the average age of the track suggestions shows how out of touch some of you are, you want a new generation of fan yet want Boston's More Than A Feeling... come on(don't get me wrong I love that song)! 

Sometimes I begin to wonder if there is a destiny age gap on this forum!

4 minutes ago, shelts said:

That a classic post and I take your point. Next we should try sitting at an away game!

The stewards at Fulham seemed to be attempting to enforce it in some sections for a while before giving up !! No one care stand up.. or sit down.. whichever to the masses !!1

9 minutes ago, Fiale said:

Much better than me I suspect, I remember so much from the 70's from hearing it as I was drifting of to sleep, Drifters, Mammas and Pappas etc from mum and Dad with his earthier rock taste.... 

as a kid I went to sleep with a tranny(transistor) radio and radio luxembourg

4 minutes ago, RobArnold10 said:

Really? So for a long time we've come out to One For The Bristol City and suddenly it's not good enough, doesn't generate enough atmosphere and needs to be changed? Sorry but that's rubbish, the reason we don't generate a pre match atmosphere that matches some of the top clubs is because we as fans are not good at it. If a friggin durge such as You'll Never Walk Alone can rattle out an atmosphere at Anfield then there is no reason why we can't either if we are willing. 

Also the average age of the track suggestions shows how out of touch some of you are, you want a new generation of fan yet want Boston's More Than A Feeling... come on(don't get me wrong I love that song)! 

Sometimes I begin to wonder if there is a destiny age gap on this forum!

Pretty selective there - songs from My chemical romance to the Clash and everything in between... the idea is to show the range of things not a specific "Choose this"   mix it up, shake it around, see what falls out... 

7 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

Something by Massive attack would make sense to me.

Unfortunately MAs songs are seen as depressing and not uplifting enough to be played.

I also hate the fanfare stuff just as the teams come out. It's just, meh, tinpot

6 minutes ago, Fiale said:

Pretty selective there - songs from My chemical romance to the Clash and everything in between... the idea is to show the range of things not a specific "Choose this"   mix it up, shake it around, see what falls out... 

I didn't say average, and actually average was probably leaning towards the late 80's. For the record I love a bit of MCR! For me the real points are that we as fans need to do more, and there's such an old way of thinking.

Also to go back to when we changed the run out music, I seem to recall we had a public vote on it in the mid 90s? A grand total of 10 votes were received and about 7 of them for OFTBC and since then it's been that..

6 minutes ago, RobArnold10 said:

I didn't say average, and actually average was probably leaning towards the late 80's. For the record I love a bit of MCR! For me the real points are that we as fans need to do more, and there's such an old way of thinking.

agree, but it's like the team, the team play well or do a nice passage of play the fans get excited / sing, the players respond more to the atmosphere, the crowd gets louder and more involved, the players respond - it's a feedback loop... but it needs to start somewhere. 

Maybe a lively upbeat song, or something that wakes people up from their 2 pints and pie stupor as the teams come out and get them fired up ? The thing is, if we don't try things we will never know. I know some will hang onto the tradition argument, but tradition is not a stationery thing... every family party I goto some songs have been played for a decade or two... but it's not always been that way. My Nephew thinks we should be playing in some version of purple and lime again because it's "our away colours" I am sure many of us remember when we first played in that kit... hell a lot of people hated it when first announced, but it has become part of our history and tradition in a sense. It's up to us today to make the "traditions" for the next set of fans, and if something is not working or bland... let's change it up - create the talking points and things today that in years time fans will have grown up with and think of as Tradition... but let's make them fun / engaging / entertaining and jetison the bland, uninspiring and boring. 

2 minutes ago, Fiale said:

We have thousands of fans, I am sure someone out there has that amazing 30 seconds of inspriational music at their fingertips !

Always loved the born slippy into instrumental version Notts forest play. 

But for me safe from harm into would be amazing. Never going to happen sadly

3 minutes ago, Fiale said:

agree, but it's like the team, the team play well or do a nice passage of play the fans get excited / sing, the players respond more to the atmosphere, the crowd gets louder and more involved, the players respond - it's a feedback loop... but it needs to start somewhere. 

Maybe a lively upbeat song, or something that wakes people up from their 2 pints and pie stupor as the teams come out and get them fired up ? The thing is, if we don't try things we will never know. I know some will hang onto the tradition argument, but tradition is not a stationery thing... every family party I goto some songs have been played for a decade or two... but it's not always been that way. My Nephew thinks we should be playing in some version of purple and lime again because it's "our away colours" I am sure many of us remember when we first played in that kit... hell a lot of people hated it when first announced, but it has become part of our history and tradition in a sense. It's up to us today to make the "traditions" for the next set of fans, and if something is not working or bland... let's change it up - create the talking points and things today that in years time fans will have grown up with and think of as Tradition... but let's make them fun / engaging / entertaining and jetison the bland, uninspiring and boring. 

The purple and lime is an interesting argument. I loved it, granted I was about 4 the first time around but two years ago it had a classy unique look and the unique element is probably why it worked so well. 

The fans/team psyching each other up is a proper chicken and egg thing. I've seen AG been so wound up (especially in a night game) only for the team to kill it in five minutes because they weren't up to task. 

As I said before, the problem for me is more us as fans rather than the song, and I again cite Liverpool with their durge. I understand what you're getting at, but okay, let's look at song choices, you'll struggle to find one to sing along to that captivates a load of people across the generations (especially mine and more importantly the younger again). My favourite running song atm is Throne by Bring Me The Horizon, great song to psyche you up. No singing to it though! Not really! 

The only club for me that has a decent song that's uplifting and singable is West Ham's bubbles, even if it's become so cliche. Personally I think it's nice that we have the song that we do, personable to our club and we should embrace that.

9 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

Been to a few Red Sox games over the years and they always play Sweet Caroline during the 7th inning stretch and the whole stadium joins in - amazing. 

I was on twitter or something today and they had a clip of Irish fans singing that - literally hundreds and it was quite amazing - will try and locate !!

Edit - located !!

17 minutes ago, Neo said:

I was on twitter or something today and they had a clip of Irish fans singing that - literally hundreds and it was quite amazing - will try and locate !!

Edit - located !!

that is cool - just goes to show it does not take much encouragement to get fans going, just the right encouragement.

Archived