IGNORED

Song for Team entrance

Fiale

1 hour ago, RobArnold10 said:

The purple and lime is an interesting argument. I loved it, granted I was about 4 the first time around but two years ago it had a classy unique look and the unique element is probably why it worked so well. 

The fans/team psyching each other up is a proper chicken and egg thing. I've seen AG been so wound up (especially in a night game) only for the team to kill it in five minutes because they weren't up to task. 

As I said before, the problem for me is more us as fans rather than the song, and I again cite Liverpool with their durge. I understand what you're getting at, but okay, let's look at song choices, you'll struggle to find one to sing along to that captivates a load of people across the generations (especially mine and more importantly the younger again). My favourite running song atm is Throne by Bring Me The Horizon, great song to psyche you up. No singing to it though! Not really! 

Not true, our fans sing along to other songs but no one sings alone to that.

1 hour ago, RobArnold10 said:

The only club for me that has a decent song that's uplifting and singable is West Ham's bubbles, even if it's become so cliche. Personally I think it's nice that we have the song that we do, personable to our club and we should embrace that.

Not true either, plenty of clubs have their own unique songs that only they sing. 

1 hour ago, shelts said:

That a classic post and I take your point. Next we should try sitting at an away game!

I forgot, for some reason, you want everyone sitting at away games. So glad to see in pictures that almost everyone stood, such a disappointing and embarrassing site to see a large away following.. with everyone tamely sat down :facepalm:

This was never 'running out' music but for a few brief games, Chelsea Dagger by the Fratellis was played when we scored....

I loved that.  But then everyone got into a bit of a rhythm and the stands literally started bouncing.  Clouds of decade old dust started to emerge from the ends of the Dolman and I think it had to be dropped as a potential safety issue.

Yeah, it's got Chelsea in the title but everyone knows it and you can't help tapping your foot.  Okay, someone tell me it's sh*t.

10 minutes ago, Xiled said:

This was never 'running out' music but for a few brief games, Chelsea Dagger by the Fratellis was played when we scored....

I loved that.  But then everyone got into a bit of a rhythm and the stands literally started bouncing.  Clouds of decade old dust started to emerge from the ends of the Dolman and I think it had to be dropped as a potential safety issue.

Yeah, it's got Chelsea in the title but everyone knows it and you can't help tapping your foot.  Okay, someone tell me it's sh*t.

It's one of those guilty pleasures in the car when no one is around and this comes on....

Personally think the current one is outdated and cringeworthy. Whenever I bring a friend for the first time (usually recovering sags that I'm trying to convert admittedly) but whenever I bring a friend for the first time I'll get the standard "What the **** is that?" followed with a laugh, when it comes on.

14 hours ago, Fiale said:

I mean, it's not my absolute favourite but could anyone object to our very own Massive Attack - and Unfinished Symphony is nearly always voted as being one of the greatest songs... it's fits with us geographically, it's good ramp-up, recognisable, fun, catchy and distinctly part of the Bristol Sound / Bristol group we should be proud of.

I've never been able to work out why Massive Attack aren't played regularly before games, Bristol City employees ( who play the pre match stuff)  should be proud of fellow Bristolians making fantastic music. It's a perfect fit :yes:

1 hour ago, Portland Bill said:

I've never been able to work out why Massive Attack aren't played regularly before games, Bristol City employees ( who play the pre match stuff)  should be proud of fellow Bristolians making fantastic music. It's a perfect fit :yes:

Right... gonna prove you wrong! To balance things out and to prove that I do listen and also to keep @Tomarse happy... I will play 'Safe from Harm' about 10 mins before kick off tomorrow night vs Leeds

11 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

This. Gives me goosebumps just thinking about it. Whilst I love the traditional appeal of OFTBC I would love this. 

If you ever get the chance to play it on some real audiophile kit. I'm talking proper high end separates system.. it is mind blowing on a different level.  It's why most of my student loan was spent in richer sounds.

Looking forward to hearing it test out the subs of AG tomorrow night..

3 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

Because it's an extremely subjective opinion.  I have to be honest, I've tried MA a few times and listened to the tracks linked on this thread and for me, I honestly cannot stand any of their stuff that has happened to cross my audio path...  just full on droning shit to me.  And I do like a lot of different types of (proper *) music, but just can't get on board with this.  Bored, yes, but on board? Not for me.

I certainly echo the suggestions of Kashmir a few minutes before though...

Also - just throwing this one in the mix for pre-match - Fleetwood Mac, The Chain - slow builder before launching into the instrumental piece that you'll hear on the C4 (and before that BBC) Formula One theme tune AT 3:04. 

* my definition of proper music = Proper musicians, playing songs that (often) they've written themselves on proper instruments, not a computer!  Like I said though....the definition of quality is very subjective and clearly differs from person to person.

3 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

Because it's an extremely subjective opinion.  I have to be honest, I've tried MA a few times and listened to the tracks linked on this thread and for me, I honestly cannot stand any of their stuff that has happened to cross my audio path...  just full on droning shit to me.  And I do like a lot of different types of (proper *) music, but just can't get on board with this.  Bored, yes, but on board? Not for me.

I certainly echo the suggestions of Kashmir a few minutes before though...

Also - just throwing this one in the mix for pre-match - Fleetwood Mac, The Chain - slow builder before launching into the instrumental piece that you'll hear on the C4 (and before that BBC) Formula One theme tune AT 3:04. 

* my definition of proper music = Proper musicians, playing songs that (often) they've written themselves on proper instruments, not a computer!  Like I said though....the definition of quality is very subjective and clearly differs from person to person.

Steve they said they only have 30 seconds to play a piece of music, no one is suggesting the full MA song , or any of the other songs... just the 30 seconds from the start of the link....

6 hours ago, Tim S said:

Right... gonna prove you wrong! To balance things out and to prove that I do listen and also to keep @Tomarse happy... I will play 'Safe from Harm' about 10 mins before kick off tomorrow night vs Leeds

Stick on Sweet Caroline too Tim.. See if people sing along... Like Northern Ireland and Red Sox

6 hours ago, Tim S said:

Brilliant,thanks Tim.

Unfortunately with me being in work on the 2-10 shift if I won't be able to hear it in the ground. Hopefully I will be able to hear it on radio Bristol.

A big thumbs up from me :yes: 

On 9/25/2016 at 14:50, Phileas Fogg said:

Not sure if many (any) others agree with me here @Tim S but is there any possibility of changing from One for the Bristol City when the team walks out?

To me, it's rubbish. I've never liked it. Poor cheesy lyrics, hardly rousing before a game.. it sounds like a song that a team would make before a Wembley final in the 80s rather than an anthem fans know and are proud of. No one sings along to it either. That's just my view but I think it's totally naff and sounds tired. 

I appreciate the tradition and that it's been played for years.. would be good to keep it (or a section) as part of the playlist in the build up but try something else for when the teams walk out. Anyone else agree or am I on my own here?

Oh dear, PF. We are going to disagree again.

Like Evil Twin, I love One For The Bristol City. I think it's rousing, unique to us and a reminder of great days of yore. I wouldn't mind Red Red Robin, providing we play a more upbeat version than the asthmatic croak we used to use.

Drink Up Thee Zyder is great for celebrating a win, but I have to admit I am heartily sick of hearing Blackbird I'll 'Ave Ee when we lose or draw. I'd rather we walked out in silence, or maybe to the strains of Sid Vicious's version of My Way. 

7 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Oh dear, PF. We are going to disagree again.

Like Evil Twin, I love One For The Bristol City. I think it's rousing, unique to us and a reminder of great days of yore. I wouldn't mind Red Red Robin, providing we play a more upbeat version than the asthmatic croak we used to use.

Drink Up Thee Zyder is great for celebrating a win, but I have to admit I am heartily sick of hearing Blackbird I'll 'Ave Ee when we lose or draw. I'd rather we walked out in silence, or maybe to the strains of Sid Vicious's version of My Way. 

Haha, well it's possible we are quite far apart in age then as OFTBC does nothing for me. I wasn't about when it was first made so got no nostalgic value for me really. Just sounds naff and a bit cringeworthy.

I appreciate people's liking of tradition, but some traditions - like OFTBC - are worth getting rid of in my opinion. If fans sung it and identified with it, I'd probably have a different opinion. I've never heard any fans sing it despite everyone knowing the words. Would sound quite good perhaps if sung at an away game.. 

Archived