IGNORED

Highest attendance in the football league tonight

HoldenBall

1 hour ago, North London Red said:

Over 5,000 more than Cardiff too. 

I have to say, Leeds bringing over 2,000 fans on a Tuesday night (to a ground they've played at several times in recent years) is very impressive. Not many teams would bring so many fans such a long way in similar circumstances. 

Brilliant comitment by those fans but Jesus they are hilarious. They have been in the lower leagues for years and still have a greater superiority comlex than any Newcastle or villa fan. Yet to come across a club with such a high percentage of ***** supporting them

7 hours ago, North London Red said:

I have to say, Leeds bringing over 2,000 fans on a Tuesday night (to a ground they've played at several times in recent years) is very impressive. Not many teams would bring so many fans such a long way in similar circumstances. 

I doubt if too many many of their fans came from Leeds, they have a massive fan base all over the country, heard plenty of them with Welsh, Cockney and even Bristolian accents

8 hours ago, North London Red said:

Well 2 of them were from my workplace, I suspect that due tot he 70's / 80's they have a lot of local fans, as well as ex-pats down here.. can't fault them taking the opportunity to come see their team when they come visit us Southern/Western'ers

1 hour ago, cynic said:

I hope so.

But after all the games lately and coming a few days after the Leeds game, its asking a lot for POTD supporters given the high cost of tickets.

There will be loads who would have chosen to see either the Leeds or Forest game but not both.

This is where a bit of imaginative thinking comes in - if there are two home games in a week, offer them as a package with a discount.

It's in a whole new payday period for most people. 

I wonder if that will mean a higher POTD turn out.? 

I agree that it would be good to do a 2 game package when we get 2 in a week. 

22 hours ago, cynic said:

20,079 average attendance so far.

That may well drop below 20k average after saturday as I can't see much more than 18k or so attending the Forest game.

22 hours ago, Monkeh said:

i can, another well supported side, I think it will be similar to leeds

17,000 sold so far with Forest having sold 1,349 of their allocation up to this morning. They have 500 left to sell. 

I think 18k is likely, possibly pushing to 19k. 

7 hours ago, cynic said:

I hope so.

But after all the games lately and coming a few days after the Leeds game, its asking a lot for POTD supporters given the high cost of tickets.

There will be loads who would have chosen to see either the Leeds or Forest game but not both.

This is where a bit of imaginative thinking comes in - if there are two home games in a week, offer them as a package with a discount.

As the saying goes,it ain't rocket science,after all every one likes a special offer.

7 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

It's in a whole new payday period for most people. 

I wonder if that will mean a higher POTD turn out.? 

I agree that it would be good to do a 2 game package when we get 2 in a week. 

And no home game for three weeks afterwards until 22nd v Blackburn. In fact we`ve only got three home games after Forest before December, Blackburn, Brighton (on TV) and Hull in the cup.

Archived