IGNORED

Tomlin booking

Super

• Admin
1 hour ago, Super said:

Anyone see what actually happened? Heard some Leeds fans saying it should of been a red card.

It was all in that crazy few minute spell where it is amazing how Pontus Jansson stayed on the pitch.

He's booted the ball out of the ground, been cautioned then right after gone through one of our players which in itself was another booking.

Straight after Tomlin has fouled Stuart Dallas, with both of them being booked - So either for the foul or all part of the reactions 

1 minute ago, phantom said:

It was all in that crazy few minute spell where it is amazing how Pontus Jansson stayed on the pitch.

He's booted the ball out of the ground, been cautioned then right after gone through one of our players which in itself was another booking.

Straight after Tomlin has fouled Stuart Dallas, with both of them being booked - So either for the foul or all part of the reactions 

It flashed up on my phone as Booked for Arguing same as Dallas, so I guess he was mouthing off at the ref again 

9 minutes ago, Midred said:

If Tomlin had not been subbed and had been booked a second time therefore earning a sending off on top of his 5 bookings would he have missed 2 games or just the 1?

I believe it should be 2, though this happened to me last season picked up my fifth booking of the season as my first yellow and then received a second yellow later in the game and only received a one match ban from it!

2 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I saw it from fairly close up in Lansdown stand. Tomlin was fouled but then gave a bit of extra from the ground and then rolled around like he'd been shot. Both got a booking and both deserved it.

was that in the goal mouth? I couldn't really see from SS, and they weren't showing it on the screen…

53 minutes ago, Midred said:

If Tomlin had not been subbed and had been booked a second time therefore earning a sending off on top of his 5 bookings would he have missed 2 games or just the 1?

44 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

I believe it should be 2, though this happened to me last season picked up my fifth booking of the season as my first yellow and then received a second yellow later in the game and only received a one match ban from it!

Wouldn't this be a one match ban, and then you're just on 6 yellows? At 10 you get a two match ban. Not sure the sending off equates to an extra ban as well as accumulating two yellows towards the total.

1 hour ago, phantom said:

First yellow was a bit ridiculous though, would have been so harsh to get sent off overall for those two incidents. There was a flat ball which was recycled back into play, and he was making sure it didn't come back.

The Jansson thing when he booted the ball out was bizarre! No idea why he didn't just pass the ball out on the floor and save himself the hassle? But after the ref showed him a booking Jansson physically pulled him back and grabbed him, how he wasn't given a second yellow there and then I'm unsure!? Definitely the right decision from the Leeds manager to take him off at half time, his head had completely gone and after his booking was just swinging his leg at everything that moved!

With regards to the Tomlin incident, it looked like they were both at it on the ground, I didn't see how they both got there though, who fouled who...?

41 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

Wouldn't this be a one match ban, and then you're just on 6 yellows? At 10 you get a two match ban. Not sure the sending off equates to an extra ban as well as accumulating two yellows towards the total. 

no 2 yellows is a 1 match ban, 5 yellows is a 1 match ban, so if you are on 3 yellows, and get 2 in a game, you get the automatic ban for the sending off and the ban for 5 yellows which means 2 match ban

From my view in the atyeo both players were jostling and LT did move his elbow towards the Leeds player (from my angle not sure if he connected).

The ref was looking directly at it and should have stopped the set piece. It wasn't and as the ball was played in LT was wrestled to the ground. In my opinion the ref should have given a penalty as the foul on LT took place in play (irrespective of what happened to incite the opposing player).

The ref appeared to 'allow' (turn a blind eye, however you want to look at it) the 2 to roll around for a second or 2 then LT I assumed caught a glimpse of the ref watching the innocent so proceeded to feign being injured by the opposing player.

The ref made a rod for his own back by not dealing with the problem from the outset when the ball wasn't even in play, 2 said players should have been warned at this point, which would probably have resulted in the unnecessary incident occurring. If they continued then a foul against the offending player would be easier to justify (basically he didn't have a clue how to nullify the situation)!

This epitomised the refs performance on the night for me and that he was like this for both teams. Thankfully he didn't punish us for the incident in the build up to our goal (which I didn't think was a foul, just good pressing from pack and the Leeds player being caught in possession)...although it wouldn't have surprised me if he did give a foul based on his inept showing on the night!

3 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

was that in the goal mouth? I couldn't really see from SS, and they weren't showing it on the screen…

Pretty much- just slightly to the Lansdown Stand side.

The booking was for what he did on the ground not whilst in play. I think if the ref have clocked the whole incident there may well have been 2 reds. Either way, Lee reacted with a bit of extras and we now lose him for 1 match.

3 hours ago, Ciderpotter said:

Tomlin elbowed their player in the face as he turned around. Beautiful stuff .

He had been pinioned to the ground by Dallas who had his elbow in the small of Tomlin's back to prevent him from getting up and taking part in play.

I didn't see any physical reaction from Tomlin when they both got up,  but it would be par for the course with him to have said a few naughty words.

1 minute ago, Red-Robbo said:

He had been pinioned to the ground by Dallas who had his elbow in the small of Tomlin's back to prevent him from getting up and taking part in play.

I didn't see any physical reaction from Tomlin when they both got up,  but it would be par for the course with him to have said a few naughty words.

This was before they were on the deck. Think he had his arms around Tomlin and he wasn't having any of it.

47 minutes ago, HIGHRIDGE BCFC said:

Tomlin elbowed Stuart Dallas who then retaliated and full on head butted Tomlin.

Can't believe none of the officials saw it which would've resulted in 2 red cards.

I think they did, but the ref decided to keep it 11 v 11, as he went over to have a word with the benches 

Archived