IGNORED

Tomlin booking

Super

There seems to be a lot of Tomlin bashing on this forum, twitter etc. which I'm struggling to understand.

We knew he was a sulky, gobby, petulant genius last year but nobody seemed to mind in the summer when we were praying for him to sign despite these things and there was lots of "that's Tomlin", "got to accept he will miss games with suspension" etc. even to extent of the silliness that comes with him is what makes us love him.

Fickle?  #justsaying !!

It's ridiculous. 

As much as I love him I'd be tempted to fine him a weeks wages for this. All of the yellow cards were for dissent (?) or something stupid that he didn't need to do and now we're going to miss him for a big game this Saturday.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the guy and value him as one of our best players but its for that reason that I'd want to fine him because we'll be without him now.

Didn't he get sent off when playing for Peterborough at Ashton Gate? It's tricky I want him to calm down and stop getting in trouble but if he needs to play on the edge to be at his best then maybe it's just something that we have to put up with...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/20822879 - yes he got sent off when we beat Peterborough 4-2 at home under McInnes.

21 minutes ago, DavidNoble said:

It's ridiculous. 

As much as I love him I'd be tempted to fine him a weeks wages for this. All of the yellow cards were for dissent (?) or something stupid that he didn't need to do and now we're going to miss him for a big game this Saturday.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the guy and value him as one of our best players but its for that reason that I'd want to fine him because we'll be without him now.

Didn't he get sent off when playing for Peterborough at Ashton Gate? It's tricky I want him to calm down and stop getting in trouble but if he needs to play on the edge to be at his best then maybe it's just something that we have to put up with...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/20822879 - yes he got sent off when we beat Peterborough 4-2 at home under McInnes.

He has been fined for it

• Admin

Having watched back the footage of the scenes around Tomlin's booking, Luke Ayling seems to get himself involved quite a bit and not in a peacemaker kind of way.  First goes and pokes Tomlin around the chest/neck whilst he's prone then gets into a bit of bother with Aden then has a chirp at Tomlin as everyone is walking away. Maybe there was more to his move than just seeking first team football.

2 minutes ago, Ian M said:

Having watched back the footage of the scenes around Tomlin's booking, Luke Ayling seems to get himself involved quite a bit and not in a peacemaker kind of way.  First goes and pokes Tomlin around the chest/neck whilst he's prone then gets into a bit of bother with Aden then has a chirp at Tomlin as everyone is walking away. Maybe there was more to his move than just seeking first team football.

Did you see Pack and Ayling going at it verbally in the second half? There was no love there for sure !!

9 hours ago, hinsleburg said:

With regards to the Tomlin incident, it looked like they were both at it on the ground, I didn't see how they both got there though

It was the Baz Savage sniper in the Dolman. He was getting in some target practice prior to putting one into Little's hamstring and then taking out Freeman in the second half. Dangerous bugger.

10 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Tomlin was fouled but then gave a bit of extra from the ground and then rolled around like he'd been shot. 

1 hour ago, Neo said:

Did you see Pack and Ayling going at it verbally in the second half? There was no love there for sure !!

And did you see the massive hug they gave each other at the end of the game? And Flint, and Freeman, and Bryan. There's no hard feelings there. Just professionals coming up against each other giving their all for their respective teams

10 hours ago, Coxy27 said:

First yellow was a bit ridiculous though, would have been so harsh to get sent off overall for those two incidents. There was a flat ball which was recycled back into play, and he was making sure it didn't come back.

Didn't Green bladder a ball over the old Megastore bit if the stand earlier in the game too?

2 hours ago, Ian M said:

they said on subs bench the other day that LA was a wind-up merchant, though very popular

59 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Didn't Green bladder a ball over the old Megastore bit if the stand earlier in the game too?

Yep - but think the ball was deemed to be "in play" so the hoofing out resulted in a throw (though we gave it back like the not dirty-dirty sportsmen we are).

Archived