IGNORED

Bristol takeaways with a ZERO food hygiene rating

phantom

On 03/10/2016 at 15:49, WhistleHappy said:

A few years ago after a game we (son, granddaughter & me) went there for the first time.. Loved it and we all rated it as one of the best chippies around... Went back some time later and never been so disappointed - it was awful. Gotta be different owners or else can't imagine where it all went wrong ..one of the worst around now judged by our latest (& no doubt last ever) experience there for us ...What a shame..

Pretty sure it must of changed hands. At one point they expanded opening a second shop opposite Clifton Down station. Then it was gone as was the fresh fish counter at the front (wonder if whoever ran that setup down by Parsons and Rare?)

Still quite a few people from work go in on Fridays lunchtimes but the wait can be ages and the service absolutely shite. There was a female manager who used to interfere and made it even worse. 

Sad demise.. time for someone else to step up to the plate 

• Admin

I'd be more interested in who are the 1* food outlets. As Tom says, a zero is often achieved because of a technicality causing them to get a "n/a" rating whilst good practices are possibly being followed. To get 1* bad practices must be being followed. As someone else stated though, everyone involved in the preparation of food should ensure their premises are hygienic, it's not that hard to achieve.

Amici surprized... It has quite good ratings on advising sites (I checked on info on an aggregating site: http://www.alltheviews.com/Amici-Bristol) and my friends planned to go there once they come to Bristol during their trip. What a disappointment. Will have to plan a dinner at a different place then. Thanks for the info. 

Maybe, someone knows if there have been any fresher examinations of the places? I'm going to search for those too, but maybe there is someone among us already aware of those? 

On 03/10/2016 at 09:50, Kid in the Riot said:

Absolutely, it used to be great (slow service aside). Went up Clifton Village Fish Bar a few weeks ago and had the battered sea bass - inspirational. So will be using that until further notice unless I hear Fishminster improves.

An update on this: I went to Fishminster on the weekend for the first time in years and it was excellent. Still not the quickest service but definitely worth the wait.

6 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

An update on this: I went to Fishminster on the weekend for the first time in years and it was excellent. Still not the quickest service but definitely worth the wait.

Funnily enough I had a lunch there a few weeks back and it was ok, main complaint though was price had gone up to £4.20 for cod bites and chips (used to be £3.50)!

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Funnily enough I had a lunch there a few weeks back and it was ok, main complaint though was price had gone up to £4.20 for cod bites and chips (used to be £3.50)!

Is that the upmarket version of what we used to call a "cod lot"?

Archived