IGNORED

Tammy loving life at Bristol City

bigbash

5 minutes ago, bigbash said:

Daily Mail in good article shock! 

It seems Tammy and Lee are becoming synonymous, every article I read can't praise one without mentioning and praising the other. I hope LJ remembers to wear a beard net when he is working in the restaurant :) 

It's all positive isn't it. Worryingly so.

LJ on his quest to learn about pressure and communication in different environments, and Tammy getting schooled in how football is and getting along with it.

Clearly the boy has a lot of confidence, more than when he joined the club. I can't have been the only one who saw he was quite happy to get involved when Tomlin (I think it was) went down in the box from a corner and it looked like a potential flash point.

A man in the making.

"'The punch against Leeds was a good thing,' Johnson explains. 'I asked him, "How are you going to take it?" and told him that actually it's a compliment. He's trying to get in your head. This is why you're here and why you go back to Chelsea and get in the first team.'"

30 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Chelsea goal machine Tammy Abraham is loving life in a man's world on loan at Bristol City: 'They kick me and punch me... and I love it.'

LJ needs to reconsider the training regime because it sounds barbaric. :noexp:

Exactly. Breaking the first rule of Fight Club .... :boxing:

Nice little article...however, all that kept going round in my head whilst reading it, was...'I wonder who LJ and MA have got lined up to replace Tammy next season'.

Plus...surely the hardest thing for a manager at a Club like ours, is what do you do after getting to the play offs and winning the damn thing!

That's got to be the hardest thing in British football...finding players that will keep you up, and not just a bunch that move around those teams that bob about the Prem and Championship.

I looked at that Villa team that played against us recently, and thought...'Good God, is that what we've got to look forward to'. I truly hope not.

However I look at teams in the 'struggling' end of the Prem and just don't see the magic that I do in watching a side develop in this league. A catch 22 indeed.

4 minutes ago, spudski said:

Nice little article...however, all that kept going round in my head whilst reading it, was...'I wonder who LJ and MA have got lined up to replace Tammy next season'.

Plus...surely the hardest thing for a manager at a Club like ours, is what do you do after getting to the play offs and winning the damn thing!

That's got to be the hardest thing in British football...finding players that will keep you up, and not just a bunch that move around those teams that bob about the Prem and Championship.

I looked at that Villa team that played against us recently, and thought...'Good God, is that what we've got to look forward to'. I truly hope not.

However I look at teams in the 'struggling' end of the Prem and just don't see the magic that I do in watching a side develop in this league. A catch 22 indeed.

I couldn't agree more

5 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

....and the second rule Robbo.

Out of interest, your name isn't Robbo Paulson by any chance?

Nope, and it's not Paul Robson either.

The third rule of Fight Club, incidentally,  is never pick an argument with Gary Johnson if you're a Supporters Club president unwilling to confront the man in person....

1 hour ago, spudski said:

Of all the options I would love for us to go Cat 1 Academy, and be a goto team for the best English talent that wants first team football in either Championship or Premier-L with maybe just a few wizened older talented pros. Maybe other teams also loaning us their best so they get first team football (ala Tammy). I don't really want to be a struggling lower Prem team full of almost beens, has beens or people looking for a large/easy payday. I really hope we can forge a new way - Southampton/Spurs but push it further..

12 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

I just think we need to go all out and get him with Chelsea having a first buy back option, but loans seem to be the real option. Let's see what this season brings :cool:

We don't have the 20-30 million to spend on just one player no matter how good (unless we get promoted)

13 minutes ago, HomerRed said:

I'm still hoping there isn't some clause in the agreement with Chelsea that they will take back Tammy if he scores 30 goals by Christmas. :fingerscrossed:

Apparently not, but there might be some small print for extreme circumstances I suppose. I did have a little shiver down the spine when I read that Chelsea are thinking of recalling a couple of defenders that are out on loan at Xmas.......

4 hours ago, spudski said:

If the unthinkable happened and we did win the play offs then I imagine the option of him being on loan next season would be at least a consideration...

I think these articles on Tammy are done to death now. There's nothing new in any of them. "Lots of goals in youth football...the Johnsons came to tea...loving football in the back garden...the aim is to play for Chelsea..." This is, what, the third or fourth national media coverage on this? There's nothing new we're learning here. It might reach out to Daily Mail-reading fans of other teams, ones who haven't seen Tammy on Football Focus or in other national papers, but each new media outlet to do this story just repeats the same facts/angle. Not that there is any other way of it being reported. I'd just rather he went under the radar a little. I don't always buy all this, 'more great coverage for our club'. It's better than being covered for relegation, obviously, but the national media yet again seem to lack imagination.

Why doesn't someone write a piece on callum O'Dowda and how he's dealing with being a £1m player jumping up 2 divisions and largely sitting on the bench? Why not write a piece about Richard O'Donnell and how the vagaries of one mistake in football can leave you kicking your heels on the bench? Why doesn't a national daily write a piece on Lee Tomlin and the agony of being so close to his dream of playing in the top flight and then having to attempt to get there again? Or a piece on Gary O'Neill and his analysis of the differences between the top flight and this div?

I'm not averse to City coverage, of course, it's all putting us in a good light, but once one daily has written this, can't journalists think of something else? (Rhetorical Q)

1 hour ago, EnclosureSurge said:

I think these articles on Tammy are done to death now. There's nothing new in any of them. "Lots of goals in youth football...the Johnsons came to tea...loving football in the back garden...the aim is to play for Chelsea..." This is, what, the third or fourth national media coverage on this? There's nothing new we're learning here. It might reach out to Daily Mail-reading fans of other teams, ones who haven't seen Tammy on Football Focus or in other national papers, but each new media outlet to do this story just repeats the same facts/angle. Not that there is any other way of it being reported. I'd just rather he went under the radar a little. I don't always buy all this, 'more great coverage for our club'. It's better than being covered for relegation, obviously, but the national media yet again seem to lack imagination.

Why doesn't someone write a piece on callum O'Dowda and how he's dealing with being a £1m player jumping up 2 divisions and largely sitting on the bench? Why not write a piece about Richard O'Donnell and how the vagaries of one mistake in football can leave you kicking your heels on the bench? Why doesn't a national daily write a piece on Lee Tomlin and the agony of being so close to his dream of playing in the top flight and then having to attempt to get there again? Or a piece on Gary O'Neill and his analysis of the differences between the top flight and this div?

I'm not averse to City coverage, of course, it's all putting us in a good light, but once one daily has written this, can't journalists think of something else? (Rhetorical Q)

It's because he's connected with Chelsea mate...no other reason imo.

19 minutes ago, spudski said:

It's because he's connected with Chelsea mate...no other reason imo.

It's because it's the CarlingBlackLabelLagerPremiershit, Spud, you and I and everyone knows it. If he was from an 18 year old on loan from a Champ club and scoring the same, no national would give us a sniff of an article. Sad, sad state of affairs. There are brilliant stories to be found and written in all leagues, but...oh, I'm sick of it! Let's get cidered, it's Friday...

8 minutes ago, EnclosureSurge said:

It's because it's the CarlingBlackLabelLagerPremiershit, Spud, you and I and everyone knows it. If he was from an 18 year old on loan from a Champ club and scoring the same, no national would give us a sniff of an article. Sad, sad state of affairs. There are brilliant stories to be found and written in all leagues, but...oh, I'm sick of it! Let's get cidered, it's Friday...

I agree with you, there is an absolute dearth of decent football writing.  Most journalists write match reports and regurgitate press interviews andd club PR.  These stories are sounding like regurgitated club PR - albeit better than the usual standard we put out!

I would love a newspaper or magazine to cover the sport with well written articles that delve into the nitty gritty of football right up and down the pyramid.  I fear I shall never see it.

3 hours ago, Tomarse said:

If the unthinkable happened and we did win the play offs then I imagine the option of him being on loan next season would be at least a consideration...

I think you are being a bit unreasonable here.

It's not unthinkable that we will miss out on automatic promotion.... :whistle:

2 hours ago, EnclosureSurge said:

Sorry

Archived