IGNORED

Sack LJ cos he is proving me soooo wrong.

BS3_RED

I didnt want him (but did have have the sense to keep my mouth shut), I didnt think he would be able to attract players and was tactically a unknown. I did see a very good run at Barnsley but equally I saw the very poor run that proceeded it.

I gave a lot of the credit of last season's turnaround to Pemberton and the improvement we saw before Lee joined, HOWEVER I WAS SO WRONG.

We have brought in cracking players as well as players that didnt work out at over clubs but have looked class here (Patterson). Players like Burns and Ried have improved and most important of all......He changes a game when it is obvious it is not working. I love this bloke and watching City is a joy and I so look forward to seeing us play.

Thank you Lee Johnson, I really dont think you will be with us long as I have a feeling you will move on to much bigger things but while you are here I shall enjoy the ride. 

I remember being at Charlton early and seeing him enter the ground before it was announced that he was manager. I remember thinking that this was not an ambitious appointment and being a bit underwhelmed. However, how wrong was I (that though is not unusual) and am happy to eat humble pie.

I just wish I could get to more games at the moment to enjoy this "high".

He appears to have built on the cameraderie and team spirit built by Steve Cotterill. And the formation and tactic changes that occur within a game are a breath of fresh air. They will not always come off but that will not deter him. 

On the evidence so far, we must keep hold of Lee Johnson, Mark Ashton and probably John Pemberton. Failure to do so will slow our progress. I's fun once again coming to football at Ashton Gate,

PS. Memo to Andy Robinson: Get a good head coach in, to likewise, revitalise the Bris. 

To me his appointment was disappointing largely because he has no track record whatsoever as a manager. However....I was prepared to wait and see what LJ could do. 

He first impressed me during one of his early interviews. I was half expecting a clone of his father - making jokes but saying nothing of substance - but was pleasently surprised to hear him be very candid and honest in his views about football. 

Since then I've started looking forward to his comments on a the game. I can't say that about many City managers.

Hes also impressed me with his astute substitutions. They always seem timed just right. Take today early subs helped change the game and afterwards he explained why he made the changes - top stuff IMO.

So far he's doing a sound job but the ral test of his managerial skills will come when City have a run of poor results.

5 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

He appears to have built on the cameraderie and team spirit built by Steve Cotterill. And the formation and tactic changes that occur within a game are a breath of fresh air. They will not always come off but that will not deter him. 

On the evidence so far, we must keep hold of Lee Johnson, Mark Ashton and probably John Pemberton. Failure to do so will slow our progress. I's fun once again coming to football at Ashton Gate,

PS. Memo to Andy Robinson: Get a good head coach in, to likewise, revitalise the Bris. 

Totally agree with the camaraderie - seem to have signed a crop of young'uns (and GON) that have kept the collective spirit.

Archived