IGNORED

Under soil heating (Merged)

cidered abroad

On ‎30‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 09:32, Countryfile said:

I believe the undersoil heating is there to aid grass growth as well as the use of the lighting rigs, not just to prevent frost taking hold, if it's been installed and commissioned  it's probably switched on right now.

Makes me want to go and pitch my tent in the centre circle right now

On 2016-11-30 at 12:49, Tomarse said:

As mentioned above it's used as much for the desso pitch as keeping the frost away.

Last game off because of frost was the Boxing Day 1995 game against the gas? We had weird ice rain that screwed up everywhere around the ground from memory. Never seen anything like that since 

I thought the pitch was passed but the stands were too dangerous.  Could be wrong of course.

The game which everyone is referring to, regarding  the game being called off against the gas took place on the 30th December 1995.

It was due to the weather phenomenon called "freezing rain"  this happens when it is raining and as soon as the rain lands on the streets it freezes, a very rare occurrence, this is the only I have witnessed it.

Could hardly walk down the garden path, to say it was a dangerous hazard was and understatement, there was calls on the radio and TV for people not to venture out. 

The game was called of rightly so by the Police for safety reasons.

Mind you I think it all kicked off around Corn Street between City and Rovers fans, of course they took a bit of a shoeing.

17 hours ago, BristolNorthEndRed said:

I emailed the club in mid October enquiring about undersoil heating, this was the reply:-

Thu 13/10/2016

Thanks for your email.

The provision for Undersoil Heating has been installed as part of the Redevelopment of Ashton Gate. It is yet to be commissioned but will be soon.

Kind regards

Gareth Torpy
Supporter Services

So have we got undersold heating?

16 minutes ago, bs3 said:

The game which everyone is referring to, regarding  the game being called off against the gas took place on the 30th December 1995.

It was due to the weather phenomenon called "freezing rain"  this happens when it is raining and as soon as the rain lands on the streets it freezes, a very rare occurrence, this is the only I have witnessed it.

Could hardly walk down the garden path, to say it was a dangerous hazard was and understatement, there was calls on the radio and TV for people not to venture out. 

The game was called of rightly so by the Police for safety reasons.

Mind you I think it all kicked off around Corn Street between City and Rovers fans, of course they took a bit of a shoeing.

I came out my front door to get into the car to get to this game. Promptly slipped over and put my hand through the drivers side window. Ouch!

It will be a requirement off any premier league admission, as will back up generator sets and sufficient LUX levels on floodlighting to prevent flickering for TV cameras etc.

I've been working with a few pre club recently looking at there power generation capabilities, the fines from SKY and BT loss of power during and TV fixture is frighting to say the least!!

According to someone who should know, they hoped to have it in this summer but a mix up meant the new pitch was laid before it was installed and we will now wait until the pitch is replaced. 

Also its not actually a requirement for prem, it's just the fines for calling off games are high enough that all current prem clubs have it. 

40 minutes ago, Rich_s said:

It would be good if they could crank it up full whack. Might feel some of the warmth from the pitch in the upper reaches of the Dolman.

Better than that, it would be good if they had underseat heating.

The AG rebuild was the perfect chance to install this yet it's Bristol Sport so it's all me, me, me.   :disapointed2se:

Archived