IGNORED

Bonjovi at AG. Again...

Septic Peg

19 minutes ago, Selred said:

I saw them at the O2, were brilliant! Staging was incredible, Jeff Lynne has never been one for crowd interaction, their music does the talking.

That's fair comment, probably Glastonbury in the daylight wasn't the right place for them. As I said it just felt it lacked something as it was one song after another, but as you said that's his style but it left me wanting more. Not so much the lack of interaction with the crowd, but I wish he looked like he wanted/enjoyed bring there.

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

He's been slowly doing this for years - I've seen Lord Weller 'live' 49 times (yep, saddo, I know!) and he is gradually downsizing more and more which is great! 

That all creates a bigger demand for tickets.......and we all know what that means.

A guaranteed Full House at any ticket price with less outlay to begin with. Clever stuff if you ask me.

3 hours ago, GasDestroyer said:

Off to see Coldplay in Cardiff on 11th July, Come to AG one day please?

Me too, see you there Ha ha. Was lucky enough to see them at Wembley last year and then a week or so later at Glastonbury. 

For my sins I'm off to see Olly Murs at the Royal Albert Hall on Monday, I'm not a huge fan really but I haven't been there before, and it's for Charity.

45 minutes ago, RedM said:

Me too, see you there Ha ha. Was lucky enough to see them at Wembley last year and then a week or so later at Glastonbury. 

For my sins I'm off to see Olly Murs at the Royal Albert Hall on Monday, I'm not a huge fan really but I haven't been there before, and it's for Charity.

RAH is an awesome venue- The sound quality is probably the best you are likely to get in the UK.

But I suppose if you hold a concert in a purposely designed concert hall rather then a hall/football stadium/multipurpose arena/field then thats what you should expect.

1 hour ago, Midlands Robin said:

Holy crap, there's a blast from the past. I remember them in a advert for Radio Luxembourg shown before the film in Frogmore St Cinema. 

Shortly before one of those cinema advertisements for an Indian restaurant which generally consisted of a photo of some flock wallpaper and a badly prepared sign telling you that the eatery on the screen was only 200 yards from his picture house. 

The pre-film highlight still being the Ki-Ora ad.

1 hour ago, RedM said:

Me three! Saw them at Wembley last year. I know some of their older songs were slow and depressing. But they can fill a set with their more upbeat stuff, and they put on a good show. Especially with the light up wrist bands that everyone in the crowd gets.

1 hour ago, CotswoldRed said:

As a BJ fan since 1984 and having seen them over 50 times, their live act is bloody awful compared to the 80s and 90s.

First saw Bon Jovi in 1985, somewhere in London (Think perhaps Dominion) - Think they were supporting Kiss.  Saw them again in 1987 headlining Donnington - Huge rise in a short two years.  Last saw them at Milton Keynes Bowl in 1993 - Saw them a few other times between 1985 and 1993.  For me post 'New Jersey', Bon Jovi became pretty much unlistenable - Perhaps with the exception of super ballad 'Dry County' off 'Keep The Faith'.  

Archived