IGNORED

And now Hollowhead hates LJ

Esmond Million's Bung

44 minutes ago, NickJ said:

The Freeman saga is one of many examples that Johnson has not got it as a manager.

Before being omitted from the squad, he was one of our better players. My opinion of course but clearly Johnson at the very least thought he was worthy of a regular starting place.

Then he drops Freeman, because the player would not commit to an extended contract, even saying something like Freeman had had to make a decision soon. Why? Freeman has a contract until the summer and its up to him if he signs an extension.

Whether he intends to sign or not, he appeared committed in every game.

Now though we have a decent player being paid to twiddle his thumbs. Madness.

Totally agree Nick.  Poor decision making, putting his own job on the line by not playing a player who's been performing decently....who might get you a something.  Yeah, I know his goals/assists record ain't great, but he assists a lot of misses too.

Very different but another case of not putting the club first was the Taylor Moore loan/radio debacle.

Of course hindsight is great but Moore, still at City, would provide cover across the right side of the back four.

5 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

From our good friends at Bristolpost.

20:01  Some developments in the Luke Freeman saga...

...and QPR boss Ian Holloway has hammered Lee Johnson and Bristol City over the winger.

Freeman has been linked with Rangers but has been offered a new deal at City, which he is yet to sign. 

“I think that’s gone. We had a chance to do something and they didn’t want our offer,” Holloway told West London Sport.

“They’ve let it out at the wrong amount, I know what I offered. A Bristol City fan shouted at me in his car when I was down in Bristol. But get your facts right.

“The fact is if you’re letting your players run out of contract and you’ve only got six months to go then that’s your fault, not anybody else’s.

“They’ve said all sorts of things and their manager has made statements about it.

“If you’ve turned down an offer from someone, why do you have to go out and talk about it? It don’t make sense.”

Ok Ian, so why are you talking about it?

You made a bid that was rejected - get over it.

I used to find him quite funny at times but now just bored of the blithering oath.

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Totally agree Nick.  Poor decision making, putting his own job on the line by not playing a player who's been performing decently....who might get you a something.  Yeah, I know his goals/assists record ain't great, but he assists a lot of misses too.

Very different but another case of not putting the club first was the Taylor Moore loan/radio debacle.

Of course hindsight is great but Moore, still at City, would provide cover across the right side of the back four.

He's been average at very best in the championship, I'd let him go, luckily we're in a posistion where we can dictate terms, if qpr and that utter **** Holloway don't like it then tough, makes it all the better for me.

5 hours ago, Im_over_ere said:

Do you think this is a unilateral decision by LJ or that MA and SL agree with this approach? Remember that player recruitment and contracts are not all LJ's responsibility - maybe MA and SL agree that this approach is better to try and get players to commit before the transfer deadline closes. Similar to the Mickey Naynard situation - sign or get out.

Speaking of Nicky Maynard, great player for us, loathed by the fans for not signing a contract.

Luke Freeman, bang average to poor and he can still do no wrong in the eyes of some :facepalm:

7 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

...and QPR boss Ian Holloway has hammered Lee Johnson and Bristol City over the winger.

Freeman has been linked with Rangers but has been offered a new deal at City, which he is yet to sign. 

“I think that’s gone. We had a chance to do something and they didn’t want our offer,” Holloway told West London Sport.

“They’ve let it out at the wrong amount, I know what I offered. A Bristol City fan shouted at me in his car when I was down in Bristol. But get your facts right.

“The fact is if you’re letting your players run out of contract and you’ve only got six months to go then that’s your fault, not anybody else’s.

“They’ve said all sorts of things and their manager has made statements about it.

“If you’ve turned down an offer from someone, why do you have to go out and talk about it? It don’t make sense.”

He would be dealing with Ashton not Johnson.

Probably playing hardball to get the best deal. Holloway is playing the media to force through the deal as chap as possible - well done to all who are getting their knickers in a twist but shall we wait until the end of the transfer window before criticising? And isn't it Ashton who is in charge of buying and selling not Johnson?

7 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I agree with him , reluctantly. At eighteen months left on his contract a player has to resign or be sold in the transfer window with twelve months remaining if we want to get something back on him .

Obviously talking about an offer may just alert other potential buyers to the situation so not a bad move there.

However , actually, we are in danger of freezing out Freezy and him going for nowt in the summer without playing for us again.

Tricky .

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

reminds me of the Paul Hartley situation. He was good, Paul Hartley. Just stare out the opposition…

5 hours ago, Rob k said:

He's been average at very best in the championship, I'd let him go, luckily we're in a posistion where we can dictate terms, if qpr and that utter **** Holloway don't like it then tough, makes it all the better for me.

I wish all of our players were playing average!!! ;)

Seriously, I get your point though....and agree we should be playing hardball with a rival, especially one managed by him. 

4 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

I agree with him , reluctantly. At eighteen months left on his contract a player has to resign or be sold in the transfer window with twelve months remaining if we want to get something back on him .

Obviously talking about an offer may just alert other potential buyers to the situation so not a bad move there.

However , actually, we are in danger of freezing out Freezy and him going for nowt in the summer without playing for us again.

Tricky .

What I am struggling with is normally if the player intimates that he is going to run his contract down, so ultimately refusing to even discuss a new contract, the club will act in the manner that you describe, but there has been sweet FA from the club, until Hollowhead makes a bid and suddenly we offer him a contract and there is no mention that this is an improved contract to one that he may or may not have been offered originally if indeed one was ever offered in the first place.

To me this smacks of the lack of professionalism of BCFC past, you know the BCFC pre MA.

12 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Well please let the big nosed skelator the feeling is mutual!!!

12 hours ago, NickJ said:

The Freeman saga is one of many examples that Johnson has not got it as a manager.

Before being omitted from the squad, he was one of our better players. My opinion of course but clearly Johnson at the very least thought he was worthy of a regular starting place.

Then he drops Freeman, because the player would not commit to an extended contract, even saying something like Freeman had had to make a decision soon. Why? Freeman has a contract until the summer and its up to him if he signs an extension.

Whether he intends to sign or not, he appeared committed in every game.

Now though we have a decent player being paid to twiddle his thumbs. Madness.

Your having a laugh. A player who has scored 10 goals in 99 games for us, As debated many times no end product from him and not good enough. What more can the club do , he has been offered a new contract and obviously has been advised to look for a move away so refuses to sign.

No one knows how committed he may be at the moment to play for us even if selected.

1 minute ago, London expats said:

Your having a laugh. A player who has scored 10 goals in 99 games for us, As debated many times no end product from him and not good enough. What more can the club do , he has been offered a new contract and obviously has been advised to look for a move away so refuses to sign.

No one knows how committed he may be at the moment to play for us even if selected.

In essence I agree with the player assessment, but exactly why was the offer of a new contract so late in the day?, it doesn't make any sense, if the club knew he wanted to move they should have made him available in the summer, if they were never going to offer him a contract they should have made him available in the summer, but surely not just allow him to run his contract down for nowt?. Unless  LF said "I am going to run my contract down and will refuse any new offer and will refuse any proposed transfer", I suppose we might see soon because presumably he will be able to sign a pre contract with a new club.

Is it just our team that has the problems with players running down contracts? Does Hollowhead have a point here regards reference to 18 months? Doues other teams with Quality managers have the same problem as I dont see it with the likes of say Steve Bruce's teams or others

1 hour ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I never got as far as Mr Thomas's class, I left for idyll of Headley Park before that pleasure.

Ah yes. The Welsh bard. Sadly didn't have the words let alone the methods to mould us into a football-playing Primary School. (Not making any comparisons of course). We were regularly hammered by Bedminster Down and I dare say Headley Park.

Do not recall one speck of football training or skills instruction. Just chose the 11 nearest pupils. Tactics! PAH! What the **** are they? Slightly better at Cricket with Mr Gilbert. Played at the Clanage. What blissful days.

Will City fans ever again those feelings again? (Turning nasty now) I don't know about you mate but I'm sick of my Football Club being the plaything of a miss-guided, albeit thoroughly nice-sounding billionaire (millionaire?) I think he should stick to looking after the pies and bogs.

best wishes

SK.

Now now, let's be nice to Holloway as looking at the tables and fixtures on sky sports we need a favour.

While we are playing Burnley according to sky's fixtures lists Burton are away to QPR and IF and it is IF by chance Burton win then Bristol city drop 4th from bottom with Wigan dropping in the bottom 3. Wigan25pts Burton 25pts City 27pts.

2 hours ago, London expats said:

Did you think Freeman was signed as a striker?

Freeman's goals record for City - while nothing special - stands up well against all the other midfielders at AG during his time here.

There was nothing in his previous career record to suggest he was signed by City with the expectancy he would get alot of goals, so why are you surprised he's been unremarkable in that respect?

To use it as a stick to beat him with is just absurd.

Freeman said ages ago he wasn't inclined to sign a new contract. 

His reasons who knows, money not good enough here, signing on fee as a free agent, doesn't like LJ, doesn't like Bristol....who knows. But this is not a recent issue. 

Not playing him is not helping. Freeman is not responsible for all this, but is probably a symptom. 

Either way did we establish whether earlier posters were sarcastic or ironic!? 

28 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Freeman said ages ago he wasn't inclined to sign a new contract. 

His reasons who knows, money not good enough here, signing on fee as a free agent, doesn't like LJ, doesn't like Bristol....who knows. But this is not a recent issue. 

Not playing him is not helping. Freeman is not responsible for all this, but is probably a symptom. 

Either way did we establish whether earlier posters were sarcastic or ironic!? 

I vote for ironically sarcastic.

So someone took the opportunity to shout at Holloway in Bristol- of all the subjects he could give him grief for, he shouted at him about Luke Freeman's price tag (or lack of).

Personally I would have gone for something about pretty much taking QPR & Rovers down in the same season back 2001, and included lines about questionable parenthood ;)

Archived