IGNORED

Tammy out 2/3 weeks (Merged)

Robbored

33 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

All this worry that Tammy has gone back to Chelsea... how can he? He's in court at the beginning of March!

So either Bristol Magistrates or North Somerset Magistrates, he'll still be about. 

Its not a problem if he is back in Chelsea. Just borrow a Car.

1 hour ago, kivsy said:

Other teams seem to play young players and seem to be ok . I think Marley Watkins is a young un at Barnsley. Seems highly rated. 

Marley Watkins was playing for Bath City in the Conference a years ago, then went to Inverness.    Think Bath got him from Cheltenham

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Just saw on the City FB page that Tammy has a torn calf and will be out for several weeks.

Not sure how accurate that is but if it is then time for Marty Taylor to fill the vacancy 

Just saw on the City FB page that Tammy has a torn calf and will be out for several weeks.

Not sure how accurate that is but if it is then time for Matty Taylor to fill the vacancy 

I think we should play Marty and Matty.

Could be a good partnership.

:hug:

Might even be as good as the Rougier brothers!!!

:yes:

15 hours ago, kivsy said:

If only we had a decent youth system , and had a young kiddy banging the goals in .   Bring in that mcawlsky lad !  Landsown and Johnson bang on about a youth system and don't utilise it 

I agree, who was the last striker we had from our youth that tore it up? Lita? Stick him in for a game, lets see how he copes. He's scored pretty much everywhere he's gone, and got quite a few tis season. The goal doesn't change size, no matter what league to play.

15 hours ago, kivsy said:

If only we had a decent youth system , and had a young kiddy banging the goals in .   Bring in that mcawlsky lad !  Landsown and Johnson bang on about a youth system and don't utilise it 

I'm with you here. I was watching Wolves v Chelsea yesterday and sure it's the FA Cup but saw two academy lads come on for the last 20-30 minutes. Plus they've given a start to a keeper as well in the FA Cup. Sometimes you just need to throw them in the deep end and see how they get on. I'm not talking like Vyner either where he got two starts. You have to give these young lads a real chance. These 20 minute debuts are nice but they mean nothing. 

I'd personally give Vyner the rest of the season at RB. Little is out and Matthews hasn't worked out. Just throw him in there. With McCoulskey it's a bit different because we have options if Tammy is out. Say we start Djuric and Taylor we could have Wilbraham and Engvall(haven't kept up with his loan rumour) on the bench but if Engvall ends up gone I wouldn't mind seeing McCoulskey on there and thrown on to try and change a game. 

16 hours ago, kivsy said:

City's academy is pretty impressive but is a massive step from essentially boys football to men's football. That's why the likes of Bryan, Reid,Vyner, Dowling and McCoulsky have/are been out on loan. It aids their development tremendously.

It would be far too risky to play an inexperienced striker who might but might not be ready to make the step up. If said player isn't up to the required SBC standard that can destroy the players confidence.

City's academy is pretty impressive but is a massive step from essentially boys football to men's football. That's why the likes of Bryan, Reid,Vyner, Dowling and McCoulsky have/are been out on loan. It aids their development tremendously.

It would be far too risky to play an inexperienced striker who might but might not be ready to make the step up. If said player isn't up to the required SBC standard that can destroy the players confidence.

It is a massive gap but sometimes you just have to have faith one or two can do it. Forest have been playing an 18 year old  recently who netted them a winner a few games ago. I've got no clue how good he is compared to McCoulskey but that's not the point. Point is, he's young and hungry to prove he's good enough and when given a chance he took it. That's why I'd like to see Vyner given the go at RB. Overthinking it when it comes to youth I think. They're never ready but they make up for it if they really want to succeed. 

23 hours ago, kivsy said:

If Tammy had come up through our academy, we would still be waiting for him to be ready to step up to the championship by putting him out on loan to a league 2 club.

3 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

It is a massive gap but sometimes you just have to have faith one or two can do it. Forest have been playing an 18 year old  recently who netted them a winner a few games ago. I've got no clue how good he is compared to McCoulskey but that's not the point. Point is, he's young and hungry to prove he's good enough and when given a chance he took it. That's why I'd like to see Vyner given the go at RB. Overthinking it when it comes to youth I think. They're never ready but they make up for it if they really want to succeed. 

Fulham seem to think Ryan Sessegnon is worth a go at 16.

1 hour ago, Fatalist said:

Fulham seem to think Ryan Sessegnon is worth a go at 16.

Exactly. Even if they're a special talent, you won't ever know if you don't give them a run. It seems we have no plans for them other than to loan them out and hope they do well. You have to be committed to playing one or two of them from time to time or it's pointless. Like I said, debuts are nice but they don't help in the long run unless they keep making appearances. 

Sounds good that he'll be back here in 7-10 days and out for 2-3 weeks, wouldn't have been surprised to see Chelsea wrap him up in cotton wool, especially as the article says that they initially thought it would be 6-8 weeks, so Chelsea could have easily retained him. The rest will do him good.

Archived