IGNORED

Harry Redknapp would accept a position

Sepp Blatter

1 hour ago, Woodsy said:

'Arry probably needs the money. He has just bought my brother in law's Nans house in Sandbanks, for cash

True dat

I nearly bought a 3 bedroom apartment on Sandbanks, on the inside of the circular road mind, back in about 1990. I seem to recall the price was about 85k and a fixer upper. My budget was £43k so I cried into my tea cup for a while and moved on. Bet its worth about 600k now. Arry bought his next door neighbour then did he? smash through and build a dock for his boat, luvvly jubbly. 

I say get him in with Joe, Smith and Bond.. lets ave em, ave em all !! 

4 hours ago, Sepp Blatter said:

I honestly have no idea. Just thinking about controversial figures within the game and Sepp Blatter came to mind. 

10 hours ago, Sepp Blatter said:

This evening I was fortunate enough to spend the evening with Harry Redknapp as my company sponsored a charity evening that he organised for a poorly boy. 

We got speaking about football (obviously) and he asked who I supported. He spoke with genuine respect for Bristol City and how great a club it is. He mentioned that it was ran really well and even spoke about what an important game it tonight was. I had to ask him the obvious question "would Bristol City be a club you would be interested in managing?" And the answer was an enthusiastic yes. He stated that it was a great location and we should be playing in the Prem. 

I didn't really have an opinion on Harry as a person, but after spending an evening with him, I've got to say that he is a very down to earth and charitable gentlemen who has a deep passion for the game. He is a million miles away from the character that some people make him out to be. 

He'd 100% take the Bristol City job and I think we could be a lot worse!!!! 

He is a great guy with a huge depth of knowledge for the game, he is 69, not that would be a problem for some, but I would like him here in some role, we need someone who understands football, to date we are bereft of this. 

11 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

I nearly bought a 3 bedroom apartment on Sandbanks, on the inside of the circular road mind, back in about 1990. I seem to recall the price was about 85k and a fixer upper. My budget was £43k so I cried into my tea cup for a while and moved on. Bet its worth about 600k now. Arry bought his next door neighbour then did he? smash through and build a dock for his boat, luvvly jubbly. 

Yep Arry bought La Lupa an Italian night 'club' in B'muff, just after we had our wedding do there...minted.

He could even sail here, and take the lads out on a jolly in his yacht for a bit of team bonding. 

Back in the day, Sandbanks was a popular venue for some of the more colourful and bohemian types I recall, now a disgusting money pit.  

9 hours ago, Lucan said:

Looks like we have another famous name on here.  Joining the ranks of Chairman Mao, Robert the Bruce and of course Lord Lucan ;)

i sometimes wonder  how many of the whippersnappers on here know how I am

Of course they do. You ordered the Charge of the Light Brigade........   :whistle:

2 hours ago, havanatopia said:

My mate who's a Spurs fan was down there for a friendly against Bournemouth a few years ago when Harry was still their manager.  They knocked on his door (or rather buzzed his gate) and he came out for a chat with them.  I thought that was great.

2 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Jeez, what a money maker that would have been!

It's not next door to 'Arry's, I was shown his house, and it's nowhere near where this place is. This was one of the few remaining original style houses in the street. Lovely little bungalow, I'm sure it will get knocked down and rebuilt before too long

19 hours ago, Sepp Blatter said:

This evening I was fortunate enough to spend the evening with Harry Redknapp as my company sponsored a charity evening that he organised for a poorly boy. 

We got speaking about football (obviously) and he asked who I supported. He spoke with genuine respect for Bristol City and how great a club it is. He mentioned that it was ran really well and even spoke about what an important game it tonight was. I had to ask him the obvious question "would Bristol City be a club you would be interested in managing?" And the answer was an enthusiastic yes. He stated that it was a great location and we should be playing in the Prem. 

I didn't really have an opinion on Harry as a person, but after spending an evening with him, I've got to say that he is a very down to earth and charitable gentlemen who has a deep passion for the game. He is a million miles away from the character that some people make him out to be. 

I like harry, always have and i would love to see him at city but it won't happen. That's not calling the OP a liar, that's calling the hierarchy at city cowards. They would never make an appointment like that as it's a big risk (forget hiring a 34 year old league one manager with **** all experience).

Great man manager and will get the team working for each other but looking at his record of teams managed there is one scary connection 

Bournemouth - Financial trouble after redknapp left 

West Ham - Financial trouble after redknapp left

Pompey - Almost identical to Bournemouth after redknapp left

Saints - Financial trouble after redknapp left

Spurs - Fair enough if he blown their budget that would've been remarkable 

QPR - Wage bill through the roof and now struggling financially after he left

20 hours ago, Sepp Blatter said:

did he run you over in his car?

4 minutes ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

Great man manager and will get the team working for each other but looking at his record of teams managed there is one scary connection 

To be fair, he wasn't really to blame for qpr's wage bill. That was ridiculous before he got there. Southampton were in trouble when he took over aswell. Portsmouth was a massive overstretch on everyone involved with the running of the place.

22 minutes ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

my cousin, who is a QPR fan, doesn't rate HR. He said that what was achieved at the time was down to his No2 (don't know who that was).

4 minutes ago, brizzlelou said:

To be fair, he wasn't really to blame for qpr's wage bill. That was ridiculous before he got there. Southampton were in trouble when he took over aswell. Portsmouth was a massive overstretch on everyone involved with the running of the place.

Point I was making, money management isn't his speciality. 

QPR's was high but signing players like Assou-Ekotto didn't really help lower the wage bill 

21 hours ago, Sepp Blatter said:

I met Harry as well completely by chance in an airport on one of my visits back to the UK , he really seems a genuine nice guy. I've never mentioned it or defended him on here because as a new member I would have no doubt been shot down in flames. I hope someone reading this has contact with SL because Harry could be just what we need to get out of this mess, even if only for remainder of the season.

Archived