IGNORED

Ranieri sacked

JasonM88

1 hour ago, AshtonG666 said:

Ruthless board, SL are you watching ???  

Ruthless ? I call it gutless. The manager who brought Leicester city yes Leicester city the premier league title 9 months ago.

More than any other manager he had earned time to turn it around.

Disgraceful 

Reminds me a little of this- but then Real Madrid were always pretty classless- and this was a while ago better the big 2 dominated La Liga...this one was slightly harsher in some ways though, but relative to resources...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/european/2406530/Real-reward-Del-Bosque-with-the-sack.html

1 hour ago, BCFC_Mike said:

Disgusting treatment from LCFC IMO.

Strange timing too after getting a half decent result last night with the away goal, against one of the best Spanish sides around.

Why disgusting? Should they risk relegation due to some sentimental obligation? 

Totally deserved. No goals in the league this calendar year and only one point. Soon to be in the relegation zone if this form continues with a dressing room not playing for him. 

People bleeting on about last season seem blinkered about this. No sentiments in football I'm afraid. 

5 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

Why disgusting? Should they risk relegation due to some sentimental obligation? 

After what he/they achieved last season, I think he deserves better than that. Can't imagine who else they'd be able to get in that are more capable of turning things around. TBH, I expected them to do better business in the summer transfer window, whether he was backed by the board enough I don't know. 

This is obviously without fully knowing what's been happening in the background, but the general sense coming from the LCFC forum, is the fans are mostly gutted and didn't want to see him go. 

Ranieri who won the Premiership with a team that was tipped to go down and who were 5000-1 to win the league (the same odds as Elvis being found alive) has been sacked......Lee Johnson who has done nothing of note anywhere and who has taken Bristol City on their biggest losing streak in their entire history is still in a job......just take a moment to think about the level of insanity at both clubs?.........

21 minutes ago, Sepp Blatter said:

Can we just clarify that it wasn't Ranieris team, he inherited the work of Pearson and Steve Walsh.  Vardy, Kante and Mahrez were all their signings. 

Ranieri has spent £70,000,000 on a relegation side. I'm sorry, but that deserves the boot...

Yep and although Pearson has been lambasted on here he got Vardy by doing pretty much what LJ was praised highly for to get Tammy. Vardy was all set to sign for Blackburn when Pearson contacted him and spent a day with him and his family persuading him that Leicester was the right club for him....Vardy acknowledged that personal touch convinced him to join...

23 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep and although Pearson has been lambasted on here he got Vardy by doing pretty much what LJ was praised highly for to get Tammy. Vardy was all set to sign for Blackburn when Pearson contacted him and spent a day with him and his family persuading him that Leicester was the right club for him....Vardy acknowledged that personal touch convinced him to join...

How much convincing would it take to not sign for Blackburn Rovers ? 

10 hours ago, billywedlock said:

Extraordinary. Leicester will never win the title again . Ever . Even if he took them down he deserved the right to go through it . They will dine  out on that for 50 years . It won't get better . Why this year they have collapsed is a bit like Rosberg , they know they can never repeat it . But they should never have fired him . 

No LJ comparisons viable 

SC is our viable comparison.

Class from a class bloke.

RANIERI STATEMENT

The Italian has issued a heartfelt statement after a dramatic 24 hours, which saw Ranieri leave his post as Leicester manager.

“Yesterday my dream died,” the statement read.

After the euphoria of last season and being crowned Premier League Champions all I dreamt of was staying with Leicester City, the Club I love, for always.

Sadly this was not to be.

I wish to thank my wife Rosanna and all my family for their never ending support during my time at Leicester. 

My thanks go to Paolo and Andrea who accompanied me on this wonderful journey. To Steve Kutner and Franco Granello for bringing me the opportunity to become a Champion.

Mostly I have to thank Leicester City Football Club. The adventure was amazing and will live with me forever.

Thank you to all the journalists and the media who came with us and enjoyed reporting on the greatest story in football.

My heartfelt thanks to everybody at the Club, all the players, the staff, everybody who was there and was part of what we achieved.

But mostly to the supporters. You took me into your hearts from day one and loved me. I love you too. No one can ever take away what we together have achieved, and I hope you think about it and smile every day the way I always will.

It was a time of wonderfulness and happiness that I will never forget. It's been a pleasure and an honour to be a Champion with all of you.

Claudio Ranieri

On 24/02/2017 at 08:24, Sepp Blatter said:

Can we just clarify that it wasn't Ranieris team, he inherited the work of Pearson and Steve Walsh.  Vardy, Kante and Mahrez were all their signings. 

Ranieri has spent £70,000,000 on a relegation side. I'm sorry, but that deserves the boot...

Wrong. He did sign Kante. Vardy and Mahrez weren't signed by him, but to get them playing as they did and win the title is a huge achievement. 

I think the sacking was the correct decision, but your post attempts to discredit his achievement for last season which is just stupid.

Archived