IGNORED

Ranieri sacked

JasonM88

1 minute ago, RedDave said:

Amazing everyone thinks they should accept probable relegation 

This is an interesting thought. If you said to me Bristol City can be promoted to the PL and then a year later go on an incredible run and win it and then do well in the Champs League but then be relegated back to the Championship I'd bite your bloody hand off.

Leicester have always been a bit of a yo yo club so relegation wouldn't be the end of the world for them.

I bet Vardy is wishing he joined Arsenal now...

6 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

This is an interesting thought. If you said to me Bristol City can be promoted to the PL and then a year later go on an incredible run and win it and then do well in the Champs League but then be relegated back to the Championship I'd bite your bloody hand off.

Leicester have always been a bit of a yo yo club so relegation wouldn't be the end of the world for them.

I bet Vardy is wishing he joined Arsenal now...

Obviously we'd all love that.  But they don't HAVE to accept relegation so the point is moot.  Probably wouldn't be the end of the world if they went down but it's not easy to get back up again as many teams have proved.  If it takes them three years to get back then they have lost over £250m.  

3 minutes ago, Juan Domingo Roldan said:

I think this is one of those occasions where you can well & truly blame the players 100%.

They have been taking the p**s this season & should be ashamed of themselves.

Completely agree but unfortunately you can't really sack a whole team.  The modern player will down tools like Chelsea did last season 

3 minutes ago, Juan Domingo Roldan said:

I think this is one of those occasions where you can well & truly blame the players 100%.

Kante was the reason they won the league last year.

His ability to intercept took pressure off the defense and allowed the attackers to play with freedom. The players are doing exactly what they done prior to Kante, nothing about lack of effort just missing a key player that took pressure off everyone else

6 minutes ago, Juan Domingo Roldan said:

Think it is that they are playing with only 11 players this season. They had an unfair advantage last season, that Chelsea have this year, in playing with 12 players as Kante counts as 2 in my book.

The problem is that, as much as winning the league was a dream come true for LCFC, from a business sense falling out of the money tree would be deemed a bigger disaster than their unexpected Prem win is considered a triumph.

It is truly sad what this game is becoming.

What good has all this obscene wealth done the English game anyway - PL teams picked with foreign stars are getting humiliated by the continental teams pretty much year in year out - Spurs are the latest who are looking like going out to a team with a tiny fraction of their resources.

I cannot wait until the bubble bursts, as it has to eventually.

29 minutes ago, lager loud said:

Leicester is my home town team. I followed them 'properly' until I came to Bristol in the 1980s and still support them against any team but City. I enjoyed (and was astonished by) last season almost as much as those of my friends who have carried on following LCFC.

This is disgusting. If the team were relegated he should have been given an opportunity to resign with dignity at the end of the season. He achieved something considered impossible, inconceivable, until it happened. To sack him for having the kind of season Leicester are expected to have in the Premier League is a disgrace.

Not just because of this, but I really am falling out of love with football.

It's slowing eroding away with a lot of us I think, judging by the mood of my group who go to the Gate (and a fair few have stopped already although that's more for work and financial reasons). Sacking Ranieri is immoral imho. Another nail in the coffin. But it'll always have a hold whatever happens.  It's an addiction. Just one I really despise now and again! 

Archived