IGNORED

Hordur

MC RISK77

• Admin
4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Joe Bryan is the reason. He's Juniors favourite along with Flint and Tammy.

The fact that JB hasn't been at his best in recent games is lost on Junior, he's very one eyed when it comes to JB.

But even when JB is playing in a more advanced role as he has done lately HM doesn't get a look in. Alternatively I think it was Derby away where observers commented that both our FB's were f***** and bringing HM on in that role could have been the difference. 

But as I said, unless there is an immediate change in LJs selections, HM will leave in the Summer. And he certainly won't be the only one. Window 3 will possibly be the busiest yet. 

5 minutes ago, Ian M said:

But even when JB is playing in a more advanced role as he has done lately HM doesn't get a look in. Alternatively I think it was Derby away where observers commented that both our FB's were f***** and bringing HM on in that role could have been the difference. 

But as I said, unless there is an immediate change in LJs selections, HM will leave in the Summer. And he certainly won't be the only one. Window 3 will possibly be the busiest yet. 

I'm sure you're right Ian and it'll be a shame if he does move on.

The LB position should be either Golbourne or Hodur but neither bomb forward like a wing back can. Maybe that's what keeps both of them out of the side.

42 minutes ago, Ian M said:

Gary O'Neil seems to have served his penance but must be wondering why the hell he came here, even a couple of LJ protégés in Bobby and Josh Brownhill are spending a lot of time there and Tomlin seems to live on it with just occasional breaks for exercise. I think we might find Hegeler there too if we look carefully. 

I cant think what Hordur has done to fall out, it's not like he was making big errors in games and the refusal to accept him as a left back (he explained his absence from the bench in one recent post match interview as being because he could only play one position) is mind boggling given his international side view it as his best position. Even more so given we haven't been blessed with great performances there this season.

Maybe one of our Finnish visitors could record their next games and send them to LJ entitled "Hordur plays left back - MUST WATCH!"

I agree with all this except the Finns. Why they'd be watching Iceland, God only knows.. ;)

• Admin
4 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I agree with all this except the Finns. Why they'd be watching Iceland, God only knows.. ;)

I wholeheartedly apologise to our Icelandic contingent. I don't know what came over me :facepalm:

1 hour ago, Ian M said:

Our record defensive signing did not come here to sit on the bench.

He will be scouted at the coming internationals and if LJ is still here in the Summer, Hordur will be off.

Still can't understand how he's good enough to play left back at International level but LJ won't even try him there in the Championship when it's even a problem position for us.

Junior said he can't play left back :huh: blokes a clown 

30 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Junior said he can't play left back :huh: blokes a clown 

Junior can't manage/coach a football club but that doesn't stop him!!

Why he doesn't try him there amazes me as clearly JB is NOT a left back, and SG obviously pissed on Juniors cornflakes one morning. Well it's the only reason I can think of him being behind JB....

41 minutes ago, Taz said:

Junior can't manage/coach a football club but that doesn't stop him!!

Why he doesn't try him there amazes me as clearly JB is NOT a left back, and SG obviously pissed on Juniors cornflakes one morning. Well it's the only reason I can think of him being behind JB....

It seems because he said he'll be a premier league left back one day he's going to keep playing him there to prove a point . It's actually having the opposite effect 

I'd be tempted to sack LJ if he pushes HM even as a sole reason.

Yes HM makes mistakes, he's not perfect and he's got some development to do, but his potential is obvious to almost all but LJ. 

LJ's reluctance to play him despite our obvious defensive shortcomings is negligent alone. 

1 hour ago, 29AR said:

Yes HM makes mistakes, he's not perfect and he's got some development to do, but his potential is obvious to almost all but LJ. 

LJ's reluctance to play him despite our obvious defensive shortcomings is negligent alone. 

If he had been played consistently this season in his international position he would now almost certainly be up to speed

It really smacks of poor management and coaching

1 hour ago, 29AR said:

One goal conceded in the last three games.   Just sayin'

15 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

One goal conceded in the last three games.   Just sayin'

That's a bit simplistic Robbo, I don't think solid foundations have been built. Granted I was not at Wigan but Burton, well they gave us the miss of the season and that aside were absolutely toothless. They were only matched in their inability to create anything by Norwich. I wouldn't be confident yet to say we stifled either side, I have much more confidence in saying, on that day at least, they were shit. 

Had we played more testing offensive teams I could be more enthusiastic of our defensive record. As it is I'm very happy with the result, not sure we're as solid as we can or should be though. 

1 minute ago, 29AR said:

That's a bit simplistic Robbo, I don't think solid foundations have been built. Granted I was not at Wigan but Burton, well they gave us the miss of the season and that aside were absolutely toothless. They were only matched in their inability to create anything by Norwich. I wouldn't be confident yet to say we stifled either side, I have much more confidence in saying, on that day at least, they were shit. 

Had we played more testing offensive teams I could be more enthusiastic of our defensive record. As it is I'm very happy with the result, not sure we're as solid as we can or should be though. 

I was being devil's advocate again,  29 ;) I agree with your analysis. 

I like Hordur,  but he does look nervous at times. I'm probably in a minority here who doesn't rate him over Flinty.  I think his winning personality and banter on Twitter make him a bit more of a hero than he merits.

But why he lost his place in the starting XI after one of his best games at the club is a mystery only Johnson can answer. :blink:

3 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Has ANY goal this season been Hordurs fault? 

Compared to Wright (Villa x 2) and particularly Flint he seems faultless

It's really simplistic to look at goals and say "x was the nearest man to the guy who took the shot,  it's his fault".

In a team game it is almost always a collective fault of people leaving the last man exposed by either being out of position,  failing to intercept earlier, presenting players with suicide passes, failing to stop an assist, or simply watching attackers run on and thinking "that's not my job".

Flint made a couple of particularly  disastrous back passes it is true, but look at the wider picture and you can't say any of our defenders could honestly hold their hands up and say "I could not have done better".

Hordur seems a likable and intelligent young man. I'm sure he'd say the same.

Archived