IGNORED

Pemberton

As my Mrs pointed out yesterday, all the instructions, vocals and passion came from this man. 

Johnson spent 90 mins occasionally clapping his hands while standing there in silence.

Things started turning sour under Cotts but you could never question his passion.

Don't get me wrong, LJ needs a lot more than a little passion, but to just stand there like he does knowing he isn't going anywhere was just infuriating to watch!

If Lansdown finally accepts he made a mistake and gives LJ the chop, Pemberton in charge until the end of the season is my preference and it least that way we will go down fighting!

16 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

As my Mrs pointed out yesterday, all the instructions, vocals and passion came from this man. 

Johnson spent 90 mins occasionally clapping his hands while standing there in silence.

Things started turning sour under Cotts but you could never question his passion.

Don't get me wrong, LJ needs a lot more than a little passion, but to just stand there like he does knowing he isn't going anywhere was just infuriating to watch!

If Lansdown finally accepts he made a mistake and gives LJ the chop, Pemberton in charge until the end of the season is my preference and it least that way we will go down fighting!

It's probably the only option.

No-one worth their salt will want the job, as we are highly likely to be relegated.

Priority is to get Johnson out, at any cost.

Johnson remaining in post = relegation, probably in 23rd place.

Johnson out = lift for players, fans and club.

Allowing one man to take out great club down is insanity.

:grr:

tfj :protest:

1 minute ago, OddBallJim said:

I wouldn't want JP for the simple reason that if he did pull off the great escape then he'd be first in line for the permanent role next season and my god we have gone down that route enough times now to know it ends in tears.

Frankly, who could possibly do a worse job than Lee?????

:dunno:

1 minute ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

Frankly, who could possibly do a worse job than Lee?????

:dunno:

A very short term view TFJ. 

JP, like Millen before him, would not (imo) be the man to stabilise us at this level. We would be facing another scrappy season and repeating exactly the same cycle we went through with Millen. 

But I wholeheartedly am behind #Johnsonout #Johnsonoutnow he's lost what little was left of my support

3 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

A very short term view TFJ. 

JP, like Millen before him, would not (imo) be the man to stabilise us at this level. We would be facing another scrappy season and repeating exactly the same cycle we went through with Millen. 

But I wholeheartedly am behind #Johnsonout #Johnsonoutnow he's lost what little was left of my support

It is a very short term to the end of the season: we don't want to finish 23rd, and go down with zero fight.

THIS IS WHAT IS HAPPENING TO US.

I say anything is better than this.

tfj:protest:

8 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

I wouldn't want JP for the simple reason that if he did pull off the great escape then he'd be first in line for the permanent role next season and my god we have gone down that route enough times now to know it ends in tears.

Yeah, because we're really in a position to be fussy right now, aren't we?

If he were to keep us up, he'd be welcome to the job as far as I'm concerned. If it were to 'end in tears' next season it would hopefully be earlier on and certainly wouldn't be anywhere near as bad as the complete blubbering mess of a breakdown that we currently find ourselves in.

1 minute ago, Superjack said:

Yeah, because we're really in a position to be fussy right now, aren't we?

If he were to keep us up, he'd be welcome to the job as far as I'm concerned. If it were to 'end in tears' next season it would hopefully be earlier on and certainly wouldn't be anywhere near as bad as the complete blubbering mess of a breakdown that we currently find ourselves in.

I just feel someone with more management experience would be better. 

If we can't attract that, then JP until end of season is acceptable but not on a permanent basis for me. 

We need a manager with no previous connections to the club (imo). Which also rules out Millen and Wilson returning as has been suggested/rumoured.

5 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

If we can't attract that, then JP until end of season is acceptable but not on a permanent basis for me. 

We need a manager with no previous connections to the club (imo). Which also rules out Millen and Wilson returning as has been suggested/rumoured.

Don't get me wrong, I don't disagree in principle. 

But I would rather a season or two under Pemberton than another game or two under Johnson.

47 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Pemberton is part of the problem, if LJ goes then he should be going as well along with Holden.

I get Pembo has passion but I would not want him as manager even as caretaker of this club, I couldn't give a toss about passion.. SC maybe has passion but was inept at this level with us and even then his passion could be debated (watch the interview after the Wednesday away game)

I'd rather if LJ gets the boot we actually go for someone competent at this level, even maybe abroad (thoroughly researched though)

12 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

Thats virtually anyone.

:facepalm:

1 minute ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

Pemberton is part of the problem, if LJ goes then he should be going as well along with Holden.

I get Pembo has passion but I would not want him as manager even as caretaker of this club, I couldn't give a toss about passion.. SC maybe has passion but was inept at this level with us and even then his passion could be debated (watch the interview after the Wednesday away game)

I'd rather if LJ gets the boot we actually go for someone competent at this level, even maybe abroad (thoroughly researched though)

You can't blame Pemberton for LJ being a ****.

FFS.

tfj  :protest:

51 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Johnson, Pemberton and Holden are all lower league coaches way out of their depth at this level. Time to move them all on and bring in the right level to progress. 

1 minute ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

You can't blame Pemberton for LJ being a ****.

FFS.

tfj  :protest:

You can blame Pembo for the defensive side of coaching mind... I see a Millen version 2.0 and rather not see the guy like Pembo who is respected by fans go down the same road Millen did in terms of the abuse he received towards the end of his tenure

5 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

Club has a league 1 mentality. That is why we are heading that way. Coaching staff are poor. Even Jamie McAllister and Tinnion looking after the kids. It's jobs for the boys rather than jobs for technical and tactically astute coaches who can develop all areas and levels of the playing squad. 

55 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

That did us a lot of good yesterday..

I don't claim to know the exact impact of the indivual coaches on the team but I don't think it's unfair to say all 3 have to hold some responsibility for current form and in my view all 3 should go. Isn't he the defensive coach anyway?

We will need fresh eyes on the team and Pemberton has been here under 3 managers who've all ultimately ended up failing. 

'Passion' gets you a lot of leeway with football supporters it seems. 

Seems like a good man but I think as a club we would need a new take on how to go forward through new coaching staff.

2 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Club has a league 1 mentality. That is why we are heading that way. Coaching staff are poor. Even Jamie McAllister and Tinnion looking after the kids. It's jobs for the boys rather than jobs for technical and tactically astute coaches who can develop all areas and levels of the playing squad. 

That's one area of the club that's ticking along nicely I think. As for jobs for boys, it's not uncommon to have former players working with clubs.. Gerrard is now working with Liverpool academy. 

1 hour ago, formerly known as ivan said:

My old man man a similar observation. Clough was up and animated, barking instructions and kicking imaginary balls. Johnson on the other hand barely said anything. Some cup final!

1 minute ago, CyberDan said:

My old man man a similar observation. Clough was up and animated, barking instructions and kicking imaginary balls. Johnson on the other hand barely said anything. Some cup final!

Some managers are animated and some are not.. some let the assistant bark out instructions while they observe whats going on. I don't see the problem in that 

4 minutes ago, pjg11 said:

trouble is viable targets lessen the longer you wait. Rowett interviewed for Rangers job for example. The likes of Rowett ,Jackett,Warbarton, Pardew ect .will be in jobs by the summer .so may have no options but JP

There will never be a situation where JP is the best possible candidate available. Why limit ourselves to managers out of work anyway? 

1 hour ago, formerly known as ivan said:

A manager or coach will get very little information across to a team or individual by barking out instructions from the sidelines, if anything it will just confuse things or mean that the individual players are prone to more mistakes!!

That is why tactics & instructions are discussed away from the pitch but let's not let that get in the way of ripping LJ another arse hole!!

Not in the know at all and have fallen for the rumours that LJ was gone on here as much as the next man but I have feeling that something has happened, probably yesterday evening. Maybe putting 2 and 2 together etc but there is a quietness around the club and LJs post match interview/demeanour suggested to me that he knew he had just failed is ultimatum form the board.

My prediction is announced tomorrow, Pemberton in charge for Tuesday and new guy on board for the Saturday. 

No ill will towards LJ and a great shame it hasn't worked out but to go on any further would be madness for all concerned.

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

There will never be a situation where JP is the best possible candidate available. Why limit ourselves to managers out of work anyway? 

I like the continental route, worked for Fulham... after a rough start they are pushing hard for a playoff place now, Wednesday also.

Someone suggested to me Laudrup, which seemed interesting. I'm still in the back LJ club but if he goes then the European route is not such a bad idea at all providing the board worked hard on researching candidates

5 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

Not in the know at all and have fallen for the rumours that LJ was gone on here as much as the next man but I have feeling that something has happened, probably yesterday evening. Maybe putting 2 and 2 together etc but there is a quietness around the club and LJs post match interview/demeanour suggested to me that he knew he had just failed is ultimatum form the board.

My prediction is announced tomorrow, Pemberton in charge for Tuesday and new guy on board for the Saturday. 

No ill will towards LJ and a great shame it hasn't worked out but to go on any further would be madness for all concerned.

Wish I had your confidence.

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I agree just using them as an example .just using them as viable candidates. By summer Rosler could have swapped places with us harder to attract him here .and well landsdown pay for a manager already in a job .all what ifs unknowns .JP the easy option for .him .bear in mind doesn't seem that SL learns from his mistakes

Archived