IGNORED

Completely deflated

BITW

1 minute ago, Up The City! said:

My comment is about substitutions in general.

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzz this place recently. 

We've just drawn against Norwich, a team who held their own in the premier league last season.

Nothing shameful about a draw with them whatsoever. 

I haven't said anything about the draw being shameful, Jeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzz some people. 

Norwich, who held their own in the premier league LAST SEASON, but still got relegated. Last season was last season it has nothing to do with this season. Don't forget they were also in europe at one point. ;)

1 hour ago, billywedlock said:

It's too late. It's gone now and if you did not realise before, SL is not going to sack LJ. He will prefer to get the club relegated just to demonstrate that it is his club , it is his toy and it seems more and more like he is playing fantasy football. Would not shock me now to find he is picking the team, and signing the players. You make your choice, you can go follow this rather strange approach to running a club, or not bother and take time out until the stupid charade comes to a head. Look how bad it has got at Charlton or other clubs. It is coming to ours now it seems.  As with anything, you are a customer, you decide if you want the product or not. Looks rather sadly that SL is going from hero to zero very very rapidly. Like many I know, we have lost the interest now, it is shambolic and as amateur as anything that has happened in the past. It should have been a launch platform but instead SL has pressed destruct and only he knows why he has done it . So for me, and many others I know, it is time for a time out. It is too sad to see any more of this continue. It is not even the thought of relegation, hell we know how to do relegation, not even LJ ( it's not his fault he was chosen)  it is the behaviour of the club, the way it is being run.  I will look for the results , BCFC will be my only ever team, but right now it no longer feels like the club I thought I knew. Will be back, but only when the damage and credibility has been repaired. 

I sincerely hope we avoid relegation for all the fans and all of you. 

Amen Paul. The nature of football makes us inevitably and rightly grateful for what SL has done for this club but I have no idea what the club is doing at the moment. I have thought rationally about it and concluded there must be some unique benefit to the owner in having the current manager being around - insight, influence, access... I don't care. Frankly it's no odds to me if the person who has pumped millions into this club asks everyone to hop on one leg, ALL I want is qualified experienced football leadership that is allowed to get on with the job at hand. I don't think we see that anytime soon.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

It's almost as if SL has said to LJ - "I don't want any evidence of Cotterill's reign in the club by the start of the 17/18 season"

The club have lost my respect today.

You're right, there is no way he's going anywhere.  You don't bring JM into the ciaching fold if you're planning to get rid of the head-coach.  Relegation has been accepted by SL.  That's not to say we will go down, but I look at this weekend's fixtures and think if they go the wrong way, SL us suddenly left with a club 'adrift'.  His words not mine.

Wake up you effin' idiot, there are people absolutely gutted and feeling let down by what is happening.  That's not anywhere near what I wanted to say.

That's what it feels like to me.

Its like Lansdown wants that period of time erased because Cotterill didn't conform to the owners rules and "laws" as it were.

1 hour ago, Up The City! said:

I saw it differently, they would have wanted to make amends for Losing 5-1. They did put up a fight in the first half but I was expecting a little bit more from them if I'm honest so we got off lightly there.

I go to every City game hoping to see us win, I want us to win every game we play in at whatever level.

I just saw today as one of those bonus games so a point is good.

Over the past few games realistically only the Burton game was a game we were expected to win.

We should have lost to Newcastle and Norwich but won the Burton game. But either way we have ended up with the same 3 points from those 3 games.

What I am mildly pleased about is thr losing run is over with and recently we have had 3 games where we havnt lost. Im sure someone will throw stats at me Villa, Leeds, Fulham but after that terrible run I am pleased with the baby steps taken. We do need to improve our points to games ratio quickly though. 

My God you must be the most hopeless optimist I have ever come across. 15 points out of a possible 75 and you are still happy with 3 points in the last 4 games. 

I hate to point it out to you but despite or early season form & supposed upturn after losing 8 games in a row, we are still averaging less than a point a game,with no evidence that is going to improve by the end of the season. Either way it's relegation form and League 1 is where we are heading as a club. Worst still the club have managed to alienate a large amount of long term supporters in the process, making it even worse than our last relegation just 4 seasons ago. And without someone like SC, we could languish there for some considerable time.

1 hour ago, billywedlock said:

It's too late. It's gone now and if you did not realise before, SL is not going to sack LJ. He will prefer to get the club relegated just to demonstrate that it is his club , it is his toy and it seems more and more like he is playing fantasy football. Would not shock me now to find he is picking the team, and signing the players. You make your choice, you can go follow this rather strange approach to running a club, or not bother and take time out until the stupid charade comes to a head. Look how bad it has got at Charlton or other clubs. It is coming to ours now it seems.  As with anything, you are a customer, you decide if you want the product or not. Looks rather sadly that SL is going from hero to zero very very rapidly. Like many I know, we have lost the interest now, it is shambolic and as amateur as anything that has happened in the past. It should have been a launch platform but instead SL has pressed destruct and only he knows why he has done it . So for me, and many others I know, it is time for a time out. It is too sad to see any more of this continue. It is not even the thought of relegation, hell we know how to do relegation, not even LJ ( it's not his fault he was chosen)  it is the behaviour of the club, the way it is being run.  I will look for the results , BCFC will be my only ever team, but right now it no longer feels like the club I thought I knew. Will be back, but only when the damage and credibility has been repaired. 

100% agree.

It doesn't feel like "our club" at present.

It feels like Lansdown's play thing. God knows what has happened to him this season. It does make me angry. Just as you say, not so much with relegation, not so much with Johnson, he is just clueless.

But with the owner. The lack of response to what is a laughably bad and embarrassing season. The feel of contempt and arrogance towards his own "customers". The seemingly happy acceptance of relegation. The blaming anyone (fans/Pemberton etc) for our situation but the clueless one.

2 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

My God you must be the most hopeless optimist I have ever come across. 15 points out of a possible 75 and you are still happy with 3 points in the last 4 games. 

I hate to point it out to you but despite or early season form & supposed upturn after losing 8 games in a row, we are still averaging less than a point a game,with no evidence that is going to improve by the end of the season. Either way it's relegation form and League 1 is where we are heading as a club. Worst still the club have managed to alienate a large amount of long term supporters in the process, making it even worse than our last relegation just 4 seasons ago. And without someone like SC, we could languish there for some considerable time.

You think I'm not aware of those facts? You think I'm happy about it? Of course I'm bloody not. Im fuming about it. Its not how I thought this season woukd turn out.

We have been on a terrible run. No hiding from that but Im pleased that run is over and I'm mildly satisfied that we are at least picking up some points but just like you I too wish those draws were wins.

9 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

You think I'm not aware of those facts? You think I'm happy about it? Of course I'm bloody not. Im fuming about it. Its not how I thought this season woukd turn out.

We have been on a terrible run. No hiding from that but Im pleased that run is over and I'm mildly satisfied that we are at least picking up some points but just like you I too wish those draws were wins.

Fair enough but that's not how your previous postings read. 

Like many on here I was disappointed last time we got relegated. This time I am angry and so are many others. This rift between BS and many of the supporters is not going to heal any time soon, especially if we have a clueless clown as our head coach.

2 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

Fair enough but that's not how your previous postings read. 

Like many on here I was disappointed last time we got relegated. This time I am angry and so are many others. This rift between BS and many of the supporters is not going to heal any time soon, especially if we have a clueless clown as our head coach.

The anger in me is just as strong, last time we were relegated it was kind of expected. It had been coming over many years.

I remember when we was in League One and heading for League Two there being a similar amount of anger.

4 hours ago, Up The City! said:

I saw it differently, they would have wanted to make amends for Losing 5-1. They did put up a fight in the first half but I was expecting a little bit more from them if I'm honest so we got off lightly there.

I go to every City game hoping to see us win, I want us to win every game we play in at whatever level.

I just saw today as one of those bonus games so a point is good.

Over the past few games realistically only the Burton game was a game we were expected to win.

We should have lost to Newcastle and Norwich but won the Burton game. But either way we have ended up with the same 3 points from those 3 games.

What I am mildly pleased about is thr losing run is over with and recently we have had 3 games where we havnt lost. Im sure someone will throw stats at me Villa, Leeds, Fulham but after that terrible run I am pleased with the baby steps taken. We do need to improve our points to games ratio quickly though. 

A bonus game? Are you serious? You do realise they've lost ten away games already. I'm sorry but what aload of rubbish. Baby steps? Give it a rest.

56 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

A bonus game? Are you serious? You do realise they've lost ten away games already. I'm sorry but what aload of rubbish. Baby steps? Give it a rest.

Aston Villa

Brighton 

Newcastle 

Norwich

At the start of the season these are games I expected to get zero points from as on paper they have the best squads, so therfore they are bonus games. 

As it happens we beat Villa, drew with Newcastle and Norwich and yet to play Brighton again.

Got to admit I wasn't aware of their poor away form but compare our squads and compare both clubs poor form they would have still been favourites.

What did you expect after a poor run? Giant leaps? 

6 hours ago, billywedlock said:

Well said BW, mirrors how a lot of us feel

5 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Is the run over though? 1 win in 17 and counting still feels like an absolute shocker of a run to me. 

1 minute ago, Up The City! said:

The losing run is. We have just replaced it with a winless run instead.

Which will see us relegated if we don't change it. 

I really do admire your optimism but if we carry on as we are we will go down.

2 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Aston Villa

Brighton 

Newcastle 

Norwich

At the start of the season these are games I expected to get zero points from as on paper they have the best squads, so therfore they are bonus games. 

As it happens we beat Villa, drew with Newcastle and Norwich and yet to play Brighton again.

Got to admit I wasn't aware of their poor away form but compare our squads and compare both clubs poor form they would have still been favourites.

What did you expect after a poor run? Giant leaps? 

Football doesn't work like that. Ooooo it's a big name so we shouldn't expect anything. Villa are woeful and Norwich away from home are woeful. If you class 0-0 at home to Burton as baby steps then you are easily pleased.

15 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

Football doesn't work like that. Ooooo it's a big name so we shouldn't expect anything. Villa are woeful and Norwich away from home are woeful. If you class 0-0 at home to Burton as baby steps then you are easily pleased.

I was satisfied we didn't lose. Annoyed we didn't take our chances to win it tho. Same as last night's game.

Not so long ago we would have lost both of those games so surely it's a positive we didn't? 

No team is ever going to go from losing 8 games in a row to smashing teams every week.

I'll take the baby steps right now and the confidence that builds.

12 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I was satisfied we didn't lose. Annoyed we didn't take our chances to win it tho. Same as last night's game.

Not so long ago we would have lost both of those games so surely it's a positive we didn't? 

No team is ever going to go from losing 8 games in a row to smashing teams every week.

I'll take the baby steps right now and the confidence that builds.

We certainly are taking baby steps right now, baby steps all the way to league 1. We have 10 games left, in a relegation position and you are satisfied? :grr:

1 minute ago, kingswood red said:

We certainly are taking baby steps right now, baby steps all the way to league 1. We have 10 games left, in a relegation position and you are satisfied? :grr:

Has she been on the cheap German wine already this morning ?

Most clueless 'supporter' I've ever heard I think - although she has some close competition

Archived