IGNORED

Completely deflated

BITW

I firmly 100% believe we will be playing league one football next season. Came from behind to draw against Norwich and it still feels like a defeat. We are knee deep in shit, in the bottom 3 and teams around us made ground on us. And a fairly tame reaction from the fans at FT adds to the feel of papering over the cracks.

What I just watched was 75 minutes of clueless repetitive hoofball which resulted in us losing possession time and time again, and then making an average Norwich team look like world beaters on the counter at times.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that's ONE league win in SEVENTEEN games (against a Rotherham side slightly less shit than us.) Ridiculous shambolic horrendously shit run of form and must be up there with the worst in our history. 

Our record over the last 4/5 months is so bad I really cannnot fathom how anyone can see us getting the required results in the last 10 games. Not even sure what I'm trying to achieve with this post maybe I just need to vent. Not looking forward to the Bristol derby next season.

One very depressed city fan. 

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Hand on heart, I can't see us winning another game this season if SL doesn't do the decent thing and fire the little****

He ain't going nowhere KITR

Got his two little mates Holden and JM in his corner now

Chuckling like a 6 yr old again in his interviews 

Has virtually dismantled the L1 title side and backroom staff

Started 3 of the 19 players he's signed tonight

the bloke is a complete FRAUD

I echo the sentiments, it is extremely difficult to see where three points are coming from. 

Sure, we could pick up an occasional point here and there from a few draws. But even if we draw every one of our remaining games, you can guarantee that those around us will pick up a win here or a win there whilst we stutter and stumble our way through the remaining fixture list. 

Ultimately for me it comes down to selection, and playing it safe when really we all accept we are knee deep in the shite now. Fortune favours the bold, and in this case the bold start with two up top (imo). 

13 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

Our fans just lap it up, barely a murmur of discontent we have got the club we deserve and that is back in League one and the Tinpot trophy

It's almost like a waste of breath though. Lansdown won't do anything, he's already backed him.

Lansdown has also hinted that it's our fault by booing.

It's draining. People are fed up.

2 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

I echo the sentiments, it is extremely difficult to see where three points are coming from. 

Sure, we could pick up an occasional point here and there from a few draws. But even if we draw every one of our remaining games, you can guarantee that those around us will pick up a win here or a win there whilst we stutter and stumble our way through the remaining fixture list. 

Ultimately for me it comes down to selection, and playing it safe when really we all accept we are knee deep in the shite now. Fortune favours the bold, and in this case the bold start with two up top (imo). 

This was a game to be bold, and he bottled it.

He has learnt nothing from previous team selection in these types of games.

Does anyone really have any idea how we will line up against Wigan. I don't have a clue.

1 minute ago, David Brent said:

Does anyone really have any idea how we will line up against Wigan. I don't have a clue.

Not just he, SL. The closed cape coming out from AG reminiscent of our last decline... we have a board who don't learn from mistakes and a manager that hasn't learnt from mistakes. 

I am angry at that result. More angry than many this season. They were awful. Truly woeful. You must beat sides like that at home. I'm not even suggesting we looked better, we didn't, except for perhaps 15m of the game. 

A first half, against a side that just lost 5-1, with 1 up top and barely an effort on goal.... piss off 

6 minutes ago, David Brent said:

No idea about the starting line up, but I suspect a 37 year old will be starting his 5th consecutive game, Engvall will continue to be lost in the twilight zone and our keeper is who ever turns up and wears a size "L" jersey with 32" waist?

I wish someone would put Lee Johnson's stapler in the jelly. Or better still, just put Lee Johnson in the jelly. And ship him out of here!

3 minutes ago, David Brent said:

That is exactly how Lee Johnson wants you to feel.

Premier League, blah, resources, blah, blah, blah

No that's how I feel because I choose to feel that way. First half at times you could quite easily see Norwichs Premier league class. Coupled together with a few bad performances and it wasn't good at times. We had two or three good chances ourselves in the first half let's not forget.

Second half we had Norwich on the ropes and could have scored 5.

Dissapointed we didn't win the game but happy we rescued a point and happy with the high intensity pressing attacking play in the second.

Anyone willing to give LJ credit for making the changes?

Nope didn't think so.

10 minutes ago, David Brent said:

If he gets the selection right we will have eleven players in our half (unless were are kicking off).

4 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

You will be a success in life........said no one....ever.

Omg!!  It FEELS like a win after coming from behind and looking certain to lose it at one point. 

Some fans think Bristol City are rhe best club in the world and should easily beat every team we play, reality check compared to a team like Norwich we are small fry.

So putting everything into context that's why I'm happy we gained a point from a losing position and not only that but held on to that point.

11 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

No that's how I feel because I choose to feel that way. First half at times you could quite easily see Norwichs Premier league class. Coupled together with a few bad performances and it wasn't good at times. We had two or three good chances ourselves in the first half let's not forget.

Dissapointed we didn't win the game but happy we rescued a point and happy with the high intensity pressing attacking play in the second.

Nope didn't think so.

Dear Lee.

Thanks for making the changes you should have started the game with, I admire youre anti football tactics in the first 45 so you can appear a genius to the less shall we say bright people in the world in the final 45.

PS. Darryl send his regards.

All the Best.

6 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Nope didn't think so.

1. We didnt though did we

2. No

3. Please do us all a favour and change that F****ng avatar of yours...............he's going to bl***y haunt us next season and fed up of looking at him being so happy :laughcont:

4 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Nope didn't think so.

Definately no credit. Why on earth didn't he start with that front two. I'm pretty sure from what I've seen and heard that nearly all fans would have started with that line up. 

Another 2 home games been and gone . 2 generally muddled performances. 4 points against mediocre opposition squandered . It's just more of the same and we all know exactly the same to come. 

The blokes a bloody idiot. 

70 mins of clueless football followed by 20 mins of frantic attacking. Mostly no atmosphere as those in attendance are, I suspect, resigned to the dire fair served up and the likely consequence. "Is this a library" & "shall we sing a song for you" were very apt taunts from the travelling Canaries.

1 minute ago, redapple said:

Definately no credit. Why on earth didn't he start with that front two. I'm pretty sure from what I've seen and heard that nearly all fans would have started with that line up. 

Another 2 home games been and gone . 2 generally muddled performances. 4 points against mediocre opposition squandered . It's just more of the same and we all know exactly the same to come. 

The blokes a bloody idiot. 

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Would anyone really have started with that formation after the way we played with it against Fulham? Or are we only saying it now we've seen how the game panned out?

When a team plays five in midfield all day long you also play five in midfield. 

4 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Omg!!  It FEELS like a win after coming from behind and looking certain to lose it at one point. 

Some fans think Bristol City are rhe best club in the world and should easily beat every team we play, reality check compared to a team like Norwich we are small fry.

So putting everything into context that's why I'm happy we gained a point from a losing position and not only that but held on to that point.

Some fans think we should've been ambitious from the start, not after 65.

We're only Bristol City but they were only Norwich. We were at home, desperate for points and in a relegation battle. And we get that lineup. I think we have every right to be disappointed.

So, well done Lee for reacting to the problem you caused. Still not good enough.

8 minutes ago, oldstandrobin said:

1. We didnt though did we

2. No

3. Please do us all a favour and change that F****ng avatar of yours...............he's going to bl***y haunt us next season and fed up of looking at him being so happy :laughcont:

Can't haunt you if we're above you;)

All kidding aside, a point against Norwich is decent no matter how bad they're performing. One of those teams who are great on their day but that only seems to be 1 in 7 or so. 

I don't watch your lot so my comments are worth **** all, but I still feel you'll just about stay up. Then you'll need to get rid of LJ to progress or just have another season of the same shit without the excellent start.

And for what it's worth, my comment was a joke and I don't believe for a minute we'll go up this season.

I thought we played well tonight. Matched Norwich in the first half, were the better team after the break, and probably should have taken all 3 points in the end. I'd have taken a point from tonight if offered before kick off, and I'm happy with it now. Huge game on Saturday coming up next.

8 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

Can't haunt you if we're above you;)

All kidding aside, a point against Norwich is decent no matter how bad they're performing. One of those teams who are great on their day but that only seems to be 1 in 7 or so. 

I don't watch your lot so my comments are worth **** all, but I still feel you'll just about stay up. Then you'll need to get rid of LJ to progress or just have another season of the same shit without the excellent start.

And for what it's worth, my comment was a joke and I don't believe for a minute we'll go up this season.

Dont bl***y joke about that please, these jokes have a habit in these parts of biting you on the ars*

Have kept my Gashead mates at bay for a few years now but soon may be paying for it heavily

48 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

He ain't going nowhere KITR

Got his two little mates Holden and JM in his corner now

Chuckling like a 6 yr old again in his interviews 

Has virtually dismantled the L1 title side and backroom staff

Started 3 of the 19 players he's signed tonight

the bloke is a complete FRAUD

It's almost as if SL has said to LJ - "I don't want any evidence of Cotterill's reign in the club by the start of the 17/18 season"

The club have lost my respect today.

You're right, there is no way he's going anywhere.  You don't bring JM into the ciaching fold if you're planning to get rid of the head-coach.  Relegation has been accepted by SL.  That's not to say we will go down, but I look at this weekend's fixtures and think if they go the wrong way, SL us suddenly left with a club 'adrift'.  His words not mine.

Wake up you effin' idiot, there are people absolutely gutted and feeling let down by what is happening.  That's not anywhere near what I wanted to say.

11 minutes ago, David Brent said:

Some fans think we should've been ambitious from the start, not after 65.

We're only Bristol City but they were only Norwich. We were at home, desperate for points and in a relegation battle. And we get that lineup. I think we have every right to be disappointed.

So, well done Lee for reacting to the problem you caused. Still not good enough.

If we would have started like that with their super fast winger full of energy we would have been torn apart. 

In the second half he tired so was less of a counter threat.

Archived