IGNORED

What happened to all the "protests"?

ploppy

4 hours ago, Oops said:

You mean when we win every game?

It's not about that, and never will be. The worst thing we can all do is not support the team, whoever the manager is!

The fans are the ONLY constant thing in football, because we're emotionally linked for whatever reason. It's like having a car you love that keeps breaking down, but you still keep it on the road because the alternative is public transport, so you fix it and move on until the next inevitable breakdown.....we'll never change the toe-curling corporate bullshit we get fed, and the sooner we all realise it the easier it'll be. 

I'd hire a mechanic who knew what he was doing otherwise that car is going to break down every week 

5 hours ago, Oops said:

You mean when we win every game?

It's not about that, and never will be. The worst thing we can all do is not support the team, whoever the manager is!

The fans are the ONLY constant thing in football, because we're emotionally linked for whatever reason. It's like having a car you love that keeps breaking down, but you still keep it on the road because the alternative is public transport, so you fix it and move on until the next inevitable breakdown.....we'll never change the toe-curling corporate bullshit we get fed, and the sooner we all realise it the easier it'll be. 

If only! This season I've done 20 league matches thus far - won 5, lost 10, nice though it is to win no one following City is doing so because they expect to see their team every week.

7 hours ago, ploppy said:

The amount of ink that was spilled in OTIB about protests I did not notice a single difference. Were there any protests that I weren't aware of or were the fans just apathetic in the end?

You're not a real fan if you do apparently.

Seriously though I think the problem is there's a sense of too much to lose. If the club was really in the shit and heading for the skids then people would be up in arms, but the fact is whilst we are heading for Division 3, the owner is happy, builds new stands, covers all losses then puts more money in. There is a sense that a lot if elements are right it's just Lansdown can't sort the football out (the whole point really).

7 hours ago, Oops said:

Were you there sir?

I was and first half Norwich should have had the game wrapped up. Yeah we could and should have won it in the last twenty but play like we did in the first 70 and as we have done for over half a season now and we'll finish 23rd.

7 hours ago, Oops said:

Yup.

I'll turn up and watch this shower of shit in the 6th District league, purely because I love BCFC. So I really don't care about opinions, or who's got them. I've been here before and I'll go there again, it's just what we do.

CTID through thick and thin. And this overwrought forum is not a true reflection of the fan base,  despite what you read. 

Painful. If some people believe the way they can best affect this dire situation is to not attend, fair play to them. Despite what you may think that doesn't make their opinion any less valid than those who blindly follow irrespective of the circumstances. Ultimately we all want what is best for Bristol City, and it make just be that actively opposing the current regime is the best way to achieve that.

8 hours ago, ploppy said:

The amount of ink that was spilled in OTIB about protests I did not notice a single difference. Were there any protests that I weren't aware of or were the fans just apathetic in the end?

Bristol City fans are very good at doing flag days, murals and other projects ..To add balance where is the mass overt support of the Manager?

8 hours ago, Oops said:

Yup.

I'll turn up and watch this shower of shit in the 6th District league, purely because I love BCFC. So I really don't care about opinions, or who's got them. I've been here before and I'll go there again, it's just what we do.

CTID through thick and thin. And this overwrought forum is not a true reflection of the fan base,  despite what you read. 

I used to think the same as you, thought I would watch City in the downs league.

But four decades of watching shite after shite has now worn me down. 

Ive seen enough this season to make me realise that LJ is taking my love of this club away from me. The most dull sterile football I've seen in years, along with everything else that makes me hate him.

He has made me realise I have far better things to do with my time now. It seems as if the club won't be happy until everyone feels the same as me. I've been really surprised how quickly someone can take the passion of wanting to watch my club away from me.

Archived