IGNORED

What happened to all the "protests"?

ploppy

1 minute ago, Oops said:

Then I respectfully refer you to my earlier statement........shut the **** up.

Don't be daft.

The thread asked where the protests were. I was making a protest by staying away. Fair play to those who want to continue to watch this farce. I've seen enough.

The only protest necessary is a boycott. If you are going to the game, get behind the team, simple as that. The crowd was subdued tonight, which is understandable with our poor form but most people don't go to the ground to moan and have a negative effect on the 11.

Comparisons to Cardiff being rebranded and actually getting behind the team you support are absolutely ridiculous.

4 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Well having seen us throw points away in Sheffield, Rotherham and Barnsley and fail to turn up at QPR and Cardiff, and having watched the majority of our matches this season, I think I've done my bit, and seen enough. Believe me, I've seen plenty of thin down the years! And over the years I've concluded that there's a limit to my devotion. 

Fair enough. Each to their own I suppose.

I guess the difficult part is deciding where to draw the line. What is the limit of your devotion? Tough to answer, and one that's is being constantly questioned at the moment.

I stayed in the concourse more because I was enjoying my beer and genuinely intrigued to see how many would stay as at 7;42 there seemed a lot still in the concourse than normal for that time and I genuinely thought a protest til 8 was on the cards. 

But as soon as that stupid entrance music came in the mad rush to seats happened and by 7;44 it was fairly obvious there was no protest other than staying away so I finished my beer and took my seat about 7:49 !!

24 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

I did. I boycotted. I felt it was the only thing i could do. I know not many did but if 50% of season ticket holders would of done the same he would of been sacked tomorrow but instead he will be allowed to finish what he started.

Of course he would. LJ is SL's boy. Better get used to it.

1 minute ago, Tangle Foot said:

Fair enough. Each to their own I suppose.

I guess the difficult part is deciding where to draw the line. What is the limit of your devotion? Tough to answer, and one that's is being constantly questioned at the moment.

It is! I try to separate my love of the club I've followed all over the country for decades, which I've brought three kids up to follow and which has brought such pleasure down the years, from the nonsense that occasionally goes on. I can do without the nonsense, it appears to be a shambles down there at the moment. 

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Why should he? Does choosing not to attend means he surrenders his right to an opinion?

Yup.

I'll turn up and watch this shower of shit in the 6th District league, purely because I love BCFC. So I really don't care about opinions, or who's got them. I've been here before and I'll go there again, it's just what we do.

CTID through thick and thin. And this overwrought forum is not a true reflection of the fan base,  despite what you read. 

One thing I like to ask the ones who didn't come to the game tonight is , why are you a supporter of Bristol City ? 

Do you really think we have the right to win every game.  Have no problems on and off the pitch. 

The team are only human. They make mistakes as we all do in life.  So if we make a mistake,  do we protest against ourselves.  Boycott ourselves.  Shout sack myself.  

NO. We deal with it and come out stronger and make ourselves better.  Never be beaten.  

Life is never easy but we come out stronger and better.  So give this team and manager they backing by supporting them the remaining games and let's stay in the championship.  COYR 

This forum is not proven to be the general consensus of all our fans.

There are plenty others who just support the club and have better things to do otherwise.

Football is not life.

I can go to the football, enjoyable or not, eat my prawn sandwiches, enjoyable or not, then leave with an opinion (you guessed it (joyous or not)) and not cry myself to sleep over our club's current position. It's not a skill by the way.

Tin hat on.

48 minutes ago, ploppy said:

The amount of ink that was spilled in OTIB about protests I did not notice a single difference. Were there any protests that I weren't aware of or were the fans just apathetic in the end?

You beat me to it Ploppy. I was about to post something similar.

I never saw any "protests" anywhere but wait!.............maybe the protesters boycotted the game instead........but wait!.....wasn't there an attendance of 17.5k at the Gate tonight.....?

Oh well.....

1 minute ago, Captain Hindsight said:

This forum is not proven to be the general consensus of all our fans.

There are plenty others who just support the club and have better things to do otherwise.

Football is not life.

I can go to the football, enjoyable or not, eat my prawn sandwiches, enjoyable or not, then leave with an opinion (you guessed it (joyous or not)) and not cry myself to sleep over our club's current position. It's not a skill by the way.

Tin hat on.

This forum is where the minority vent their second hand fury at the perception of what happens on the pitch. 

2 minutes ago, kiwicolin said:

One thing I like to ask the ones who didn't come to the game tonight is , why are you a supporter of Bristol City ? 

Do you really think we have the right to win every game.  Have no problems on and off the pitch. 

The team are only human. They make mistakes as we all do in life.  So if we make a mistake,  do we protest against ourselves.  Boycott ourselves.  Shout sack myself.  

NO. We deal with it and come out stronger and make ourselves better.  Never be beaten.  

Life is never easy but we come out stronger and better.  So give this team and manager they backing by supporting them the remaining games and let's stay in the championship.  COYR 

I'll have a go...it's getting late!

I think you're conflating two different things. I've been a supporter of Bristol City since the late 60s. There's no relationship in my life that's lasted longer than my relationship with the club. Almost everyone who ever took me back then is long gone. I've not lived in Bristol in decades. None of my children have, but City is their team, as it's mine.  

But does my following them mean that I have to be at every match?...not at all in my mind. There were years when I couldn't get to more than a handful of games and years when I've watched 30 plus. I've never not cared about the results, but I've not always felt the urge to be at matches.

I really don't mind if that's not good enough for some...I doubt they were at Grimsby, Carlisle, York, Chesterfield, Mansfield, Cambridge, Torquay etc etc etc back in the day...goodness, I even went to watch the u-23s at Hungerford last summer, a family outing!...but I don't consider fans who don't travel to be any less of supporters for that. Each to his own. 

This season has been a spectacular let down...completely unnecessary in my view. Incompetent management which, in my opinion, is taking supporters for a ride. I've watched the majority of matches thus far, but have had enough. I can't bear to watch what the current incumbents are doing to the club. So I'll step back. Doubtless when dust has settled I'll be back on the road again.

4 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

I'll have a go...it's getting late!

I think you're conflating two different things. I've been a supporter of Bristol City since the late 60s. There's no relationship in my life that's lasted longer than my relationship with the club. Almost everyone who ever took me back then is long gone. I've not lived in Bristol in decades. None of my children have, but City is their team, as it's mine.  

But does my following them mean that I have to be at every match?...not at all in my mind. There were years when I couldn't get to more than a handful of games and years when I've watched 30 plus. I've never not cared about the results, but I've not always felt the urge to be at matches.

I really don't mind if that's not good enough for some...I doubt they were at Grimsby, Carlisle, York, Chesterfield, Mansfield, Cambridge, Torquay etc etc etc back in the day...goodness, I even went to watch the u-23s at Hungerford last summer, a family outing!...but I don't consider fans who don't travel to be any less of supporters for that. Each to his own. 

This season has been a spectacular let down...completely unnecessary in my view. Incompetent management which, in my opinion, is taking supporters for a ride. I've watched the majority of matches thus far, but have had enough. I can't bear to watch what the current incumbents are doing to the club. So I'll step back. Doubtless when dust has settled I'll be back on the road again.

You mean when we win every game?

It's not about that, and never will be. The worst thing we can all do is not support the team, whoever the manager is!

The fans are the ONLY constant thing in football, because we're emotionally linked for whatever reason. It's like having a car you love that keeps breaking down, but you still keep it on the road because the alternative is public transport, so you fix it and move on until the next inevitable breakdown.....we'll never change the toe-curling corporate bullshit we get fed, and the sooner we all realise it the easier it'll be. 

2 minutes ago, Oops said:

You mean when we win every game?

It's not about that, and never will be. The worst thing we can all do is not support the team, whoever the manager is!

The fans are the ONLY constant thing in football, because we're emotionally linked for whatever reason. It's like having a car you love that keeps breaking down, but you still keep it on the road because the alternative is public transport, so you fix it and move on until the next inevitable breakdown.....we'll never change the toe-curling corporate bullshit we get fed, and the sooner we all realise it the easier it'll be. 

The modern world, great isnt it, the blokes who can brownnose the most and comeup with the best buzzword bingo win. I putup with plenty of that in my career, thank god i run my own little empire of one these days free from all the corporate shit and nonsense, but now it infects the team i love, its all pervading and it feels like its killing the very sole of it for me, week by week of unbeliveable nonsense, sad times indeed.

3 minutes ago, tts_city said:

The modern world, great isnt it, the blokes who can brownnose the most and comeup with the best buzzword bingo win. I putup with plenty of that in my career, thank god i run my own little empire of one these days free from all the corporate shit and nonsense, but now it infects the team i love, its all pervading and it feels like its killing the very sole of it for me, week by week of unbeliveable nonsense, sad times indeed.

Agreed, but my philosophy is this:

We as fans do NOT have any influence on what happens on the pitch, other than to provide encouragement to the team we support. 

To personalise the end result is pointless, and divisive. It's like tossing a coin and crying when you get heads instead of tails. 

And to extend the analogy, this forum has it's fair share of tossers who cry either way.

12 minutes ago, Oops said:

Agreed, but my philosophy is this:

We as fans do NOT have any influence on what happens on the pitch, other than to provide encouragement to the team we support. 

To personalise the end result is pointless, and divisive. It's like tossing a coin and crying when you get heads instead of tails. 

And to extend the analogy, this forum has it's fair share of tossers who cry either way.

Well im not going to indulge one mans megalomainia over this club if it continues in this vein, yes he has always been in charge since he came here with his wads of cash, but since he made LJ manager it has hit new heights of bloody mindedness, he might not care if we go down like this but i do. Im irrelevant to him I know that, but i dont think i have a choice other than to vote with my feet (not done it before this season). For me its never been worse, for the record I started supporting in 1982. You can call me what you want but that is the truth of it as far as im concerned.

Archived