IGNORED

Striker for next season

Relegation or not I think most will agree we won't be seeing Tammy here next season.

So let's say we stay up and have only Djuric and Taylor as our strikers, who would you like to see bought in?

I only realised today that Lucas Joao is on loan at Blackburn from Shef Wed. Think he would be a decent signing.

Or do you think any of our youngsters are close to stepping up?

1 minute ago, ziderheadarmy said:

Bogle if we stay up and Wigan go down.

Afobe from Bournemouth.

Akpom from Arsenal. (Loan) 

Solanke from Chelsea. (Loan)

Doubt we'll get Afobe he must be on about 40k a week...

12 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Relegation or not I think most will agree we won't be seeing Tammy here next season.

So let's say we stay up and have only Djuric and Taylor as our strikers, who would you like to see bought in?

I only realised today that Lucas Joao is on loan at Blackburn from Shef Wed. Think he would be a decent signing.

Or do you think any of our youngsters are close to stepping up?

Don't forgetabout Engvall even though it is very likely to forget about him...

If we go down there are some candidates out on loan now that certainly have goals in them (and good candidates for every area of the field too) - is that not the aim of the project?

Pity LJ does not think he needs to see them, that's why he is the project's weekest link.

hopefully come summer the project will get tweaked a little more and the weakest link will disappear

IF we sty up.... This might be a bit pie in the sky but what about Enes Unal, currently on loan at Twente from Man City. 19, hasn't had a loan in England yet (which I'm hoping increases our chances) currently got 12 goals and 3 assists in 23 Eredivisie league games which isn't bad.. ?

6 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

If LJ stays I think we'll see a mass exodus of players and find it difficult to attract quality signings, whichever level we're at.

My belief too,  this season is going to have caused long lasting damage to the club wherever we are, utter shambles.

4 minutes ago, RumRed said:

My belief too,  this season is going to have long lasting damage to the club wherever we are, utter shambles.

Absolutely. News will already have spread around the footballing community as to what a shambles we are, squad disharmony, incompetent head coach etc.

We'll really struggle to attract the right players. MA has also gone down a lot in my estimation.  

We will pay very well in L1 of course so it'll be less of an issue at that level.

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Absolutely. News will already have spread around the footballing community as to what a shambles we are, squad disharmony, incompetent head coach etc.

We'll really struggle to attract the right players. MA has also gone down a lot in my estimation.  

We will pay very well in L1 of course so it'll be less of an issue at that level.

I'm so disillusioned with it all right now, dark days.

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

as my ol' man used to say... better top of Division 2 than bottom of Division 1. I'm pretty resigned to the drop despite todays result

9 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I completely misjudged MA as I thought he was going to be a good appointment.  He's either not as good as I thought, or is in SL's pocket and hasn't been man enough to walk based on his convictions.  Neither of those scenarios shows him in a flattering light.

32 minutes ago, ziderheadarmy said:

Afobe from Bournemouth.

Have u seen Bogle play?  He looks likes bambi on ice with a first touch like Donald Trump?  U can NOT be serious?

21 minutes ago, CheddarReds said:

IF we sty up.... This might be a bit pie in the sky but what about Enes Unal, currently on loan at Twente from Man City. 19, hasn't had a loan in England yet (which I'm hoping increases our chances) currently got 12 goals and 3 assists in 23 Eredivisie league games which isn't bad.. ?

I think it is Unan.

1 hour ago, ziderheadarmy said:

Afobe from Bournemouth.

Bogle is awful

Afobe will have top championship teams after him if he leaves 

How on earth are we going to get Solanke??!  Liverpool want him and he's after 50k per week. 

1 hour ago, CheddarReds said:

How about signing somebody who is known to score goals at this level,or of course have a hit and hope on a loan signing again which leaves us back to square one start of season after 

Archived