IGNORED

Stuck in Nailsea

wendyredredrobin

3 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Looks like I will be stuck in Nailsea on Friday and wont be finished until 7.30.  Any good pubs around there to watch the game?  Google said Royal Oak, but any better bets?

Last time I was in the Choak it was similar to a youth club

5 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Looks like I will be stuck in Nailsea on Friday and wont be finished until 7.30.  Any good pubs around there to watch the game?  Google said Royal Oak, but any better bets?

As we are likely to get hammered on Friday, I would suggest that you just avoid the TV and hope for the best, although personally I can't see any best,  until the Head Coach is replaced.

9 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

The Old Barn and The Sawyers Arms both have Sky.

Old Barn is more of a rugby pub but they do sometimes show footie when no rugby is on. Great ales in there. Situated slightly outside of Nailsea, towards Wraxall. The most enjoyable way to walk there is across the fields from the Elms estate, armed with wellies and a torch :)

Sawyers more of a spit and sawdust locals sort of place. Have never been violated in there though... ;)

4 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Looks like the Sawyers then.  Can you normally get a seat as I cant stand for 90 mins these days.

Have never been in there when a match is on but it generally attracts a somewhat older clientele than the Oak, so I can't imagine a scene with lots of people standing. Some of them might not survive the experience...

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Looks like the Sawyers then.  Can you normally get a seat as I cant stand for 90 mins these days.

Drink in there often. You will get a seat and beer good. Locals pub, no trouble, and will be fine..

agree that if Rugby, then The Barn is better..

8 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

The glasshouse. Oh wait! 

Too many drunken memories of growing up in Nailsea! :whistle:

Was the place to be seen when it first opened. An evening of Rum & Black and then chips from the Corn Dolly chippie.

1 minute ago, Dollymarie said:

Bit before my time that lot. I was always a noggins girl (not literally, like many nailseaites *shudders* ) 

The Silver St chippie (Noggins) was always the best but a bit of a walk when you fell out of The Glasshouse !!  I lived in Wyatts Close at the time so not far to crawl home either.

2 minutes ago, BigTone said:

The Silver St chippie (Noggins) was always the best but a bit of a walk when you fell out of The Glasshouse !!  I lived in Wyatts Close at the time so not far to crawl home either.

And I'm young enough to have been able to stagger to his high st one when it was his. Failing that I lived one road up from the Silver St one :) 

57 minutes ago, redpole said:

Sawyers is run by a gashead and a lot of gashead drink in there. I would go to ring o bells!

They are indeed rovers fans but the best rovers fans around. They look after the punters who ever you support. 

I watched city v Cardiff in there when it was on sky and they looked after everyone in there watching with nibbles at bar etc .

proper old school landlords. 

10 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Was it 21st century? Breakfast place come burger joint? 

THAT'S THE ONE!! Phew it can stop bugging me now. I used to get free chips cos my sister worked there. If I went in at chucking out time, they'd give us all the stuff they were gonna have to throw away :D 

6 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Julie down at the Moorend was always my favourite landlady :) 

Same here but I'm biased as I'm friends with her son, oftern used to skip school ( in year 11, not recommend kids) to sneak upstairs to the bar and have a few sneaky pints!! 

Archived