IGNORED

GAS Family, Mates, Neighbours, Work Colleagues

Sniper

Do you work with any?
Do you have any in the family?
Do you have many mates who support the enemy?
Do you live next door or have any in your street?

So how do you deal with them, get on with them?

Ever finished with a hot bird/guy because of GAS in her/his family?

Luckily I only have the mis-pleasure of working with 2 of them, and they are both arrogant bellends, so we don't really get on.

13 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Do you work with any? No
Do you have any in the family? Good god NO!
Do you have many mates who support the enemy? Yes, living in BS30, there are loads of them,
Do you live next door or have any in your street? No.

So how do you deal with them, get on with them? Humour them, some of them are actually ok, almost human.

Ever finished with a hot bird/guy because of GAS in her/his family? No but I know a staunch red with his own business who asks who any applicant supports at interview. Safe to say the word 'Rovers' means no job. ;) The wifes family are actually gas but they've learned not to mention it when I'm around. The obvious look of superiority tends to upset them. :)

Luckily I only have the mis-pleasure of working with 2 of them, and they are both arrogant bellends, so we don't really get on.

Hopefully, my reply is taken in the humour in which it was meant.

Two at work, which is way above our natural quota down here.

We are regarded as odd specimens for not supporting Arsenal, Tottenham etc at the best of times. Bit of banter, nice guys in truth, even if misguided. Good to at least have someone to talk to who notices our results!

My son in law is a SAG , I know I failed in my daughters upbringing..!

My personal favourite moment was when we were bottom at Christmas in 2013 I think, he absolutely ripped it out of me all over the crimbo  period . Jump forward to May 2014, oh how I laughed...payback is a bitch ,  surprisingly he has kept his powder dry this season so I am happy to at least to have played a part in his football education. 

1 minute ago, Vincent Vega said:

My son in law is a SAG , I know I failed in my daughters upbringing..!

My personal favourite moment was when we were bottom at Christmas in 2013 I think, he absolutely ripped it out of me all over the crimbo  period . Jump forward to May 2014, oh how I laughed...payback is a bitch ,  surprisingly he has kept his powder dry this season so I am happy to at least to have played a part in his football education. 

I hope any grandchildren are brought up in red! Imagine having a gas grandchild? :facepalm:

4 minutes ago, 8menhadadream said:

I hope any grandchildren are brought up in red! Imagine having a gas grandchild? :facepalm:

Sister married a Welshman, my nephews only 5 but his Welsh kit is glued to him :sad26:Luckily the brother in laws a rugby head & doesn't follow football so I think I'll be able to turn him in to a red robin not a blue ****.

27 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Do you work with any?

First part of that seems like a casting card for Jeremy Kyle haha

Being a Rovers supporter is a strange choice, but I can understand it if you live in Bristol. Once you get sucked in, it's difficult to escape. Those that I know seemed to be perfectly normal away from the Minimal Stadium. Far worse are the armchair "supporters" of Man Utd, Chelsea etc who have never attended a live match in their lives. The ones I know are nice people, but I can't stand them talking about "my team", as though they are genuine supporters. 

This is my answer.

I have one dear friend who is a gas supporter but tried to save his 3 boys from lifelong ridicule by trying to persuade them to support BCFC and I have a mate who played for them.

But most importantly later this month is my 45th wedding anniversary and 47 years ago when we first met on a blind date whilst discussing the possibility of a 2nd date I said to her at the end of that first date "if you can honestly tell me that you are not a gashead, I see no reason why we can't see each other again, but please understand now it is a deal breaker".

1 hour ago, Sniper said:

Do you work with any?

If true that wouldn't have anything to do with them supporting the Gas. Every Rovers fan I personally know (or know of) are likable decent human beings. All with one singular disadvantage over me.

1 hour ago, Sniper said:

Do you work with any?

My Grampy was a lifelong Rovers fan and I used to have lots of banter with him.  His neighbours were also die hard City fans and at my Grampys funeral they wore Rovers shirts and we all (including me) sang Good Night Irene at his request.  Puts things into perspective about the rivalry!  We are all football fans, we just have different teams!  COYR

5 hours ago, Sniper said:

Do you work with any? Yes. 
Do you have any in the family? Unfortunately yes! Half my family is not only Gas but full on Gas lippy, edgy, hates the shit and up for a ruck
Do you have many mates who support the enemy? All my besties are full on Gas. Fortunately they aren't bellends to me but they hate City and have a dig whenever they can. If I say "Tinpot" then it's the trump hand because they lose it altogether then.
Do you live next door or have any in your street? I have a number in my street. One is a GHS junior ****. Walks round like a little edgy *****. He got arrested when the Sags went down and got kicked out of a local for singing Goodnight Irene to the landlord who is a City fan. His old man walks around with an England shirt with Lambert on the back, but he's not edgy like his runt. 

So how do you deal with them, get on with them? Play the Wurzels loudly and constantly. 

Ever finished with a hot bird/guy because of GAS in her/his family? My wife claimed to be Gas when I met her but couldn't name a single player. Most of the birds I dated hated football. Never dated a bird who was mad about football and supported City which is a shame because we would have got on!

I meet up a couple of times a year with my former work colleagues, 99% of us now retired, and one of my closest friends is the guy who writes the poems for the Gas match programme.

Last Thursday at our latest get together, he persuaded me to buy a copy of "The Poems of Dr Scumbrum - Volume One" a booklet he had produced with the help of Rovers Commercial team with all the proceeds going to the same charity that City support "Children's Hospice South West". Here is the last verse of the last poem in the book called "Oh, lay me down"

"And as long years pass I'll still be here, not troubled then by age,

I'll celebrate every single goal and read every programme page,

My ghost will linger silently, though some may claim they hear it,

And when we win the Premiership, I'll be singing so loud... In spirit!"

I don't think most fans of other clubs are any different to us at City.

Luckily all my family are City bar me late grandmother who was Gas (only because it wound everyone else up - she never went or could name a player). Her hubby, my grandfather, never supported either but if pushed, would have said City.

A few gas acquaintances. One I have banter with a lot because she ADORED Matty and had his pic (the one with his private parts in a trophy) uncensored on her fb. She wasn't too happy come Jan 31st!

Archived