IGNORED

Unsung City heros

Major Isewater

I know that opinion of him on here is quite divided,  but I always thought Cole Skuse did a decent job.

Of the current team I agree that Pack is an unsung hero. Also Wilbraham - such a role model and he turned out to be a great signing, especially seeing that lots of fans (including me) were a bit underwhelmed when he joined us.

15 hours ago, pongo88 said:

If we have a walk down memory lane it could be Ray Savino, Brian Clark, Tony Ford, Alec Briggs, Bobby  Kellard, David Rogers, Brian Drysdale

Brian Drysdale,a no nonsense Full back,but a very good one.

2 hours ago, NOTBLUE said:

Brian Drysdale,a no nonsense Full back,but a very good one.

He was very unfortunate that his chance to play in division one came towards the end of his career. Then City signed Norman Hunter so Geoff Merrick switched to left back and he was out of the team 

2 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

He was very unfortunate that his chance to play in division one came towards the end of his career. Then City signed Norman Hunter so Geoff Merrick switched to left back and he was out of the team 

And if I remember rightly ,Sir Geoff wasn't best pleased.

3 hours ago, NOTBLUE said:

And if I remember rightly ,Sir Geoff wasn't best pleased.

Geoff Merrick, another unlucky player. Could have gone to Arsenal with Tom Richie if City had accepted the bid. Instead he stayed with City, was moved from his best position, and then had his contract torn up 

Some I am going to put in the frame. Certainly I would have some of the other names on here higher, but for me, the definition of unsung, as much for their position as anything else, but real stalwarts.

Ray Cashley, Jon Shaw, Keith Waugh, Keith Welch and Steve Phillips.

Must have watched that lot...a lot.

Archived