IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

You're probably right, I'm fairly sure the figure was somewhere between 40000- 45000, which I'm quite sure City would more than match if given the opportunity.

Quite why we took so few to the Conference play off final I have no idea. (BTW there really was a City fan in the other end at that one!)

My theory is that because you were the first Bristol club to visit the new Wembley you picked up a heck of a lot of day trippers/neutrals/dare I say it the odd non-committed City fan. I recall at the time knowing a few people that were attending that had very little interest in football let alone Rovers but it was just a good opportunity to see the new national stadium.

That would also help explain why you took so few to the non-league play-off as everyone had already been for their big day out in 2007. Plus we'd been there a couple of times.

All pretty immaterial anyway, I don't think anyone is claiming Rovers have anything like 40k supporters that attend games on a remotely regular basis.

Things have moved on, we have over 15k season ticket holders and around 10k members. 

Rovers have what; 5k season ticket holders and a few hundred members?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

My theory is that because you were the first Bristol club to visit the new Wembley you picked up a heck of a lot of day trippers/neutrals/dare I say it the odd non-committed City fan. I recall at the time knowing a few people that were attending that had very little interest in football let alone Rovers but it was just a good opportunity to see the new national stadium.

That would also help explain why you took so few to the non-league play-off as everyone had already been for their big day out in 2007. Plus we'd been there a couple of times.

All pretty immaterial anyway, I don't think anyone is claiming Rovers have anything like 40k supporters that attend games on a remotely regular basis.

Things have moved on, we have over 15k season ticket holders and around 10k members. 

I think we can Describe a lot more than a couple of hundred of them as Members mate. :whistle2:

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

We don't have a membership scheme as such, just the Supporters Club which isn't everyones cup of tea atm.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

You're probably right, I'm fairly sure the figure was somewhere between 40000- 45000, which I'm quite sure City would more than match if given the opportunity.

Quite why we took so few to the Conference play off final I have no idea. (BTW there really was a City fan in the other end at that one!)

We did sell between 40-45k at wembley. But for a nothing trophy.... Not a season defining game on our first trip to the new wembley.

We sold just over 42k tickets for the jpt final.

What is my source i hear you shout....

Well now that i don't work there anymore i can come clean... I worked for ticketmaster for 10 years. And i was directly involved in our ticket dispatch alongside (for those that know her on here) jayne mags.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

We don't have a membership scheme as such, just the Supporters Club which isn't everyones cup of tea atm.

I’m surprised everyone doesn’t want to be part of the supporters club over there. 

I don’t know what the subscription fees are, but it seems that a few quid a month for the chance of walking away with £150k is a pretty good deal to me..! 

• Haha 9

6 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I’m surprised everyone doesn’t want to be part of the supporters club over there. 

I don’t know what the subscription fees are, but it seems that a few quid a month for the chance of walking away with £150k is a pretty good deal to me..! 

I'll have a bang on that!

1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Kind of my point, what team you support has no link to criminality .

You are absolutely right!

Funny coincidence though, how so many mother molesting, animal abusing, racist, supporters club fund stealing fans just tend to support Bristol Rovers..! 

6 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

You are absolutely right!

Funny coincidence though, how so many mother molesting, animal abusing, racist, supporters club fund stealing fans just tend to support Bristol Rovers..! 

We all know that it is in fact Teds pretending to be Gasheads and then causing trouble. Rovers supporters are NEVER the perpetrators, they are the victims, always made the scapegoat, just trying to mid their own business, overlooked by everyone including the media who must have a personal vendetta against them, putting Ted matches on TV for no reason other than to "goad" Rovers supporters, always hard done by, always a sad story to tell of how wronged their club has been over the years, how the Teds are not deserving of someone like SL considering how vile the club is and how they bankrupted businesses and their own players in 1982 whilst posting poo through their doors and giving out death threats (we won't mention Snakegate as that must have been Teds too), and how everyone loves a Gashead because they are more real faithful and true, loyal and treated poorly by the city that they play in. Rovers are a family club with family values and they like to keep it in the family...sister is mother, uncle is brother etc

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

Anyone else think that the lady on the front right genuinely caught the bus, thinking it was taking her to work as normal?

Probably, and probably sat there thinking that the fellow passengers are even rougher than usual and sure that the stench of urine isn’t usually that strong, oh and F.C.uk me... someone’s knicked the roof..! 

Edited by Bar BS3

48 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

So tinpot, ******* hell, the #upthegas on the back makes it even funnier.

Higgs is thinking...

That woman from the supporters club told me they'd be lining the streets? She obviously misjudged it. Still, good of her to go in and go through the accounts on a bank holiday...

• Haha 1