IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Yeah, but when did we last have new curtains and have the carpets cleaned?

I had the misfoutune to be in their supporters club the other day,and no it wasn't a a match day,and in all honesty the carpet didn't need cleaning, it needed condemning.It reminded me of the carpet in the old Ship and Castle,and I use the word carpet loosely.

6 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Well, Shrewsbury did sell 15k+ for their play off final in 2009, so there is every likelihood that they sold that amount in 2007. 

Edit: I don’t know how many they sold in 2007, but Shrewsbury’s allocation was 25,000 tickets. 

I love how suddenly every neutral, corporate & club Wembley (approx 5-10k, I’d guess) attendee must have been supporting the Gas. How convenient..! 

I think this one might actually be true!

I'm pretty sure they gave us extra tickets that Shrewsbury had returned and I seem to remember being reported that we had sold the most tickets ever at Wembley for one club (yes really!)

Obviously clubs wouldn't normally have access to that many tickets but we did as Shrewsbury didn't sell theirs. Our 'record' if indeed it was one was apparently beaten by Millwall a few years later.

So yes, I think we really honestly may have taken 45000 to Wembley (Not including those locked out)

Edit. Shrewsbury may have sold 15,000 tickets but obviously many have those would have been to your lot :)

Edited by Miah Dennehy
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I'm pretty sure they gave us extra tickets that Shrewsbury had returned and I seem to remember being reported that we had sold the most tickets ever at Wembley for one club (yes really!)

Obviously clubs wouldn't normally have access to that many tickets but we did as Shrewsbury didn't sell theirs. Our 'record' if indeed it was one was apparently beaten by Millwall a few years later.

So yes, I think we really honestly may have taken 45000 to Wembley (Not including those locked out)

Edit. Shrewsbury may have sold 15,000 tickets but obviously many have those would have been to your lot :)

Did this include any of the 435,000 London based Bristol Rovers fans????

5 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I don’t doubt you may have taken 40k. I doubt it was 45k as there are always thousands of corporate and neutral tickets for these games. 40k is very impressive for a club of your size. It’s just strange that you then “only” managed 25k for your next visit. Again, not a bad number at all. 

I don’t think anyone would really notice or criticise your attendances, if your own fans didn’t constantly inflate (lie about) them...! 

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

I don’t doubt you may have taken 40k. I doubt it was 45k as there are always thousands of corporate and neutral tickets for these games. 40k is very impressive for a club of your size. It’s just strange that you then “only” managed 25k for your next visit. Again, not a bad number at all. 

I don’t think anyone would really notice or criticise your attendances, if your own fans didn’t constantly inflate (lie about) them...! 

I think you may be slightly over estimating the neutrals interest in our games :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I think you may be slightly over estimating the neutrals interest in our games :)

I doubt it. It’s well documented how well loved you are, as a club, throughout the land/Europe/world/galaxy. 

Damn, I bet Shrewsbury fans were even willing you to win..! 

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I seem to remember being reported that we had sold the most tickets ever at Wembley for one club (yes really!)

Our 'record' if indeed it was one was apparently beaten by Millwall a few years later.

Sorry Miah, I don’t believe that’s true. You did have the highest number of ticket sales of the 6 teams competing in the Play Off Finals that year but you didn’t have the record for most fans for one club at Wembley. For a start Millwall had 47000 fans attend a game at the old Wembley in 1999.

The record at the ‘new’ Wembley set by Millwall was 45000. I think this has since been beaten by Southampton. In 2007 you sold out your allocation of 35,000 and received a further 5000 (according to your website), probably due to Shrewsbury returning tickets, as you said.

It always seems quite difficult to get accurate information for ticket sales at Wembley. At the time it was stated that you had around 40000 for that match which seems about right when you consider the middle tier wasn’t open and your support encroached into the Shrewsbury ‘end’. 

Nothing wrong with 40k of course...buts it’s not 45k, 48k or even 50k as some Gasheads claim.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan

3 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Sorry Miah, I don’t believe that’s true. You did have the highest number of ticket sales of the 6 teams competing in the Play Off Finals that year but you didn’t have the record for most fans for one club at Wembley. For a start Millwall had 47000 fans attend a game at the old Wembley.

The record at the ‘new’ Wembley set by Millwall was 45000. I think this has since been beaten by Southampton. In 2007 you sold out your allocation of 35,000 and received a further 5000 (according to your website), probably due to Shrewsbury returning tickets, as you said.

It always seems quite difficult to get accurate information for ticket sales at Wembley. At the time it was stated that you had around 40000 for that match which seems about right when you consider the middle tier wasn’t open and your support encroached into the Shrewsbury ‘end’. 

Nothing wrong with 40k of course...buts it’s not 45k, 48k or even 50k as some Gasheads claim.

You're probably right, I'm fairly sure the figure was somewhere between 40000- 45000, which I'm quite sure City would more than match if given the opportunity.

Quite why we took so few to the Conference play off final I have no idea. (BTW there really was a City fan in the other end at that one!)

8 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

This one then. I suppose they could have had 3/4 of the attendance, but I would have thought that even Shrewsbury could have mustered more than around 15k supporters?

2018-02-05 09_01_25-2007 Football League Two play-off Final - Wikipedia.png

Is cuz us gurt teds was in the away end innit

Edited by alexukhc

1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

You seemed to have lost that little chip you seemed to of had in the last few weeks Miah and you are back to your usual cheeky self which is great to see

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

You're probably right, I'm fairly sure the figure was somewhere between 40000- 45000, which I'm quite sure City would more than match if given the opportunity.

Quite why we took so few to the Conference play off final I have no idea. (BTW there really was a City fan in the other end at that one!)

Yeah I saw the pictures of the City fan in the Grimsby end with a City shirt on, standing out like a sore thumb. Each to their own I suppose but you’re just asking to have your nose rubbed in it if the winning penalty is banged in right in front of you.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan

16 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Because they had all gone to the game a few weeks before when we beat Walsall.

Hate to shatter the myth, but these aren't real fans but daytrippers.

23 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Yeah I saw the pictures of the City fan in the Grimsby end with a City shirt on, standing out like a sore thumb. Each to their own I suppose but you’re just asking to have your nose rubbed in it if the winning penalty is banged in right in front of you.

I thought that was photoshopped? I seem to remember @Tomarse had some proof of it?