IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

14 minutes ago, Harry said:

Update on Slags Big Day Out. 

Apparently they’ve now left the establishment after abusing an elderly gentleman with “if you don’t like the noise we’re making you can always drink somewhere else”. 

Pleasant bunch. Doing their club prowed. 

That's no way to talk to Marcus!

42 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Heard they weren't so chopsy a couple of years back in Molloys :whistle:

Ha ha yeah. Marvellous day. Soon scarpered when informed that the City is Red and politely asked to leave. 

Edit - oh and then one of them got chopsy once they were 25 yards down the road. Brave chap. 

Edited by Harry

Jordan Investment Bank Sues To Collect $6M Debt To HSBC

Local Man Says Case Has No Relevance To Fortunes Of Bristol Rovers FC  

London (February 8, 2018, 3:22 PM GMT) -- The Arab Jordan Investment Bank has launched legal proceedings in England against a Jordanian national as it seeks to recover a $6 million order that a subsidiary of HSBC Holding PLC won in an overseas court but failed to enforce.

AJIB bought HSBC’s Jordan business in January 2015, including the rights to a judgment handed down in the national court in 2013 that ordered the man, named in court documents as Jabra Jeris Ibrahim Sharbain, to pay HSBC $6 million to cover repayments owed, according to a claim filed in the High Court in London on Jan. 18 and only recently made public.

But AJIB has been unable to enforce the ruling in Jordan or elsewhere, the bank said in the claim.

“The judgment remains unsatisfied in full,” the filing said. “Accordingly, AJIB claims an English judgment and order for payment by the defendant of the judgment debt.”

AJIB believes Sharbain has assets in England and that the Jordanian court judgment could now be enforced by the High Court.

The underlying dispute between the HSBC unit and Sharbain, with Trans Middle East International Distribution Co. Ltd. listed as co-defendant, was heard in the First Instance Court of Hamman in Jordan. Sharbain had guaranteed repayment of the distribution company’s borrowings from HSBC, according to court documents.

The case made its way through Jordan’s two appellate courts as Sharbain rejected the claim and liability for the repayments. But he lost his appeal and was ordered to pay the bank $6,017,203 plus interest on all the legal costs that had been paid from Aug. 5, 2012, when the action had been filed.

AJIB entered into a contract with HSBC Bank Middle East Ltd., which is based in Dubai, to buy the bank’s business in Jordan on Jan. 20, 2014, the court documents show.

Under the sale and purchase agreement, which was made with the consent of the Jordanian Central Bank, AJIB acquired the assets and rights of the bank and automatically became the assignee of the judgment.

AJIB calculates that the interest it is owed in addition to the $6 million was around $2.9 million at Jan. 18 this year. The claim is made in U.S. dollars, the preferred currency set out in the Jordan ruling.

The bank also said no further appeal is pending in the courts of Jordan and that no stay of execution has been granted in favor of Sharbain.

The Arab Jordan Investment Bank is represented by Alexander Pelling of XXIV Old Buildings, instructed by Taylor Wessing LLP.

Counsel information for the defendant was not immediately available.

The case is Arab Jordan Investment Bank PLC v. Jabra Jeries Ibrahim Sharbain, case number CL-2018-000047, in the High Court of Justice of England and Wales.

7 hours ago, 22A said:

On their forum where they discuss the £3m loss, one poster reckons they're selling a player to Man C for £5m in the summer. That will clear their debts and give an extra £2m for team strengthening.  To quote Marshfieldgas (and i don't think he's joking); "Don’t worry it’s covered. Man City are preparing a £5 million bid for Tom Nichols in the summer, that will more than cover it."

WHO? Never heard of him. 

8 hours ago, 22A said:

On their forum where they discuss the £3m loss, one poster reckons they're selling a player to Man C for £5m in the summer. That will clear their debts and give an extra £2m for team strengthening.  To quote Marshfieldgas (and i don't think he's joking); "Don’t worry it’s covered. Man City are preparing a £5 million bid for Tom Nichols in the summer, that will more than cover it."

You honestly think that guy believes man city are going to sign 2 goal league one striker tom nichols from rovers?

11 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

What was more surprising was the entire attendance being given as over 8000, it looked no more than 3000!

ah Well, that's an optical illusion caused by having a small number of people in a large stadium. You must have seen this bef.....  sorry as you were. :)

Actually, it's down to this business of counting tickets sold as opposed to bums on seats. Our crowd was announced as 22022, but I would have estimated it around 14000 maybe? 

Still a gate in double figures though, eh Miah? :shifty:

1 hour ago, class_not_gas said:

The gift has given again I see 

The Arsenal shirts in the background, the copied chant, the braces hahahahahhahahahahhahaha i'm at work and crying my ******* eyes out laughing

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

The Arsenal shirts in the background, the copied chant, the braces hahahahahhahahahahhahaha i'm at work and crying my ******* eyes out laughing

That is truly terrible!

We could always do our version?

'We're in the play offs, da da da da da da

Going for promotion, da da da da da da

and we're loving it

plus we know the gas are sh1t

I am joking by the way, not that they're sh1t but the ditty. :facepalm:

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

Why T.F. would a City fan "like" this ?? :laughcont:

It might actually be the most surreal thing I've ever ****** seen, it's the arsenal duvet as well, prowed to be gas, hahahahhahahahha im off again

8 minutes ago, Ohbasso said:

Does anyone know a gashead that doesn’t support a prem team too? I know some city fans probably do too but I know quite a few bitter gasheads and don’t know a single one that doesn’t support a prem team.

Wally... oh no, sorry. As you were..!

Ellis Harrison..? His favourite team are still in the Championship, for now..! 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Ohbasso said:

Does anyone know a gashead that doesn’t support a prem team too? I know some city fans probably do too but I know quite a few bitter gasheads and don’t know a single one that doesn’t support a prem team.

I was going to post something along these lines, I agree, I've got an old school mate who has been a plastic Man Utd fan for years except when the Sags win and then she posts crap all over Facebook about it.