IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 hours ago, The Horse With No Name said:

I wonder if 42nite ever regrets starting this thread nearly three years ago?

Not in the least.

As long as they keep giving it, we'll keep taking it eh?

Long may it last....well, till they go bust!

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

When this thread has been quiet for hours on end you know that it has been a bad day at the office for us. 

Anyway, their debts are mounting and no sign of any movements in ground improvements to enable them to house the 15,000 needed to break even, or any details of the colony, but Wally is soooo nice that it doesn't matter at all to them.

15 hours ago, JBFC II said:

Being a 'teenager' myself, I know one gashead (despite living in Westbury on trym...) they are really rare and so that makes it difficult to rip into them... 

Does his dad/uncle/mum's boyfriend run the local computer repair shop?

16 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Quiet here today but not so quiet at the swamp which has now apparently been improved by storm damage:

Bristol Rovers' Memorial Stadium hit by 'significant' storm damage

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-rovers-memorial-stadium-hit-1304511#ICID=Android_BristolPostApp_AppShare

Oh no! Are the "Championship ready" sprinklers still working?

5 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

When this thread has been quiet for hours on end you know that it has been a bad day at the office for us. 

Anyway, their debts are mounting and no sign of any movements in ground improvements to enable them to house the 15,000 needed to break even, or any details of the colony, but Wally is soooo nice that it doesn't matter at all to them.

Is it not the case that at the start of each season, every club has to give financial proof that they are able to complete the forthcoming season..? I’m sure it used to be, at least. 

Unless Wally “guarantors” them, sure needing average attendances of significantly over your grounds capacity, just to break even - doesn’t bode well for them to be able to prove this..?! 

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Is it not the case that at the start of each season, every club has to give financial proof that they are able to complete the forthcoming season..? I’m sure it used to be, at least. 

Unless Wally “guarantors” them, sure needing average attendances of significantly over your grounds capacity, just to break even - doesn’t bode well for them to be able to prove this..?! 

Didn't Hani (the lovely bloke's brother) sign a guarantee for 12 months this time last year or something equally tinpot? 

7 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Didn't Hani (the lovely bloke's brother) sign a guarantee for 12 months this time last year or something equally tinpot? 

Did he..?! Wasn’t that quite alarming in itself, that Wally (as lovely as he is) would need that..?! 

I can’t say I’d heard that, but I could have missed it. 

I’m not sure any investor would be so keen to guarantor such a project now, with no stadium project, no equitable assets and unsustainable losses mounting up, weekly. 

16 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Did he..?! Wasn’t that quite alarming in itself, that Wally (as lovely as he is) would need that..?! 

I’m not sure any investor would be so keen to guarantor such a project now, with no stadium project, no equitable assets and unsustainable losses mounting up, weekly. 

I may be wrong Bar BS3 but I'm pretty sure he guaranteed to cover losses for 12 months but that period is due to expire. If he doesn't do the same, they're in deep trouble I guess. :violin:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

A whole 4 pages about last nights game, but apparently they don't care about us... 

Our 'wheels have come off' because we're 7th in the Championship? No doubt irony is above the intellect of the average sag? I bet they wish they were as 'crap' as us.

Edited by Ska Junkie

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

Our 'wheels have come off' because we're 7th in the Championship? No doubt irony is above the intellect of the average sag? I bet they wish they were as 'crap' as us.

One Sag on there had the brains to point out that they haven’t been as high as 7th in the Championship since about 1957. Doesn’t stop the rest of the thick-as-shit morons getting all excited. Fair enough, but if the highlight of my season was seeing my teams bigger rivals finish top half of the division above I think I’d ask my relatives to just put me out of my misery now.

The worst thing that can happen to us is Championship football next season. Oh well...

As for taking the piss out of us taking 400 to Preston on a Tuesday night, that’s more than they took to Bury, Rochdale, Scunthorpe, Gillingham and Bradford on Saturday afternoons.

....and they think their away support is ‘amazing’ :rofl2br:

F0FB2C0A-D51C-4705-9C58-58C37A6F1EA8.png

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan

20 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

To be fair thats the same for all clubs that run at a loss (inc city) its in every years set of accounts ... its just an explanation that the owners are happy to cover the costs for the period of the next set of accounts... normally along the lines of a statement that says .. the club continue to trade with losses of .... and the owner Mr /Mrs blah blah have stated that they will continue to support the club financially for the following 12 months ... its normally part of the auditors or accountants overview 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1