IGNORED

France vs Spain

JasonM88

7 minutes ago, Trueredsupporte said:

anything but simple. you can review offside but not penalties!!! where does it start and stop? review sendings off? or give managers three reviews? get three reviews right get one free and bin the ref and assistants? minefield. slippery slope to go down

Penalties in both football and rugby are the officials call - subjective in other words. Offside is clear cut as shown in the France/Spain match last night.

It doesn't have to the managers call either. As in cricket it goes to the captain or batsman.

The review system in cricket is applauded by all because the correct decision is made. 

Previews in football would be of benefit to all, referees especially. It would reduce the amount of criticism they get and increas the praise they get for the right decision,

2 hours ago, Dave said:

In future then when any offside is given, does the referee have to let the game continue, just in case a goal is scored, and then go back and check the offside is correct.

Just imagine if Delefeou was thirty yards back and clean through, but flagged offside.

Does he stop, or does he run through and score in case offside was incorrect, but risk getting booked for not playing to the whistle if offside decision was correct.

Cricket umpires rarely give run outs now, relying on replays. I suspect this system in football will result in less offsides being given without referral.

The was he, wasn`t he dilemma for offside would be the worst thing to deal with and I doubt it will be permitted to be used for that due to the controversy that it will cause. If it is, it HAS to be up to the referee solely and not the managers/players as every decision for or against will be appealed adding God knows how long to the game.

I went to the Manor Farm game on Tuesday, at 0-1 they scored a goal (or rather, they didn't) which wasn't given. A hugely pivotal moment, as an equaliser minutes before half time gives them something to build on.

As things went, the ball got cleared, play went on. A similar thing could happen, a player offside who then sets up a goal in the next phase of play, how long do you keep going until you cannot review the decision?

What about a tackle where the ref plays advantage, the player who put in the tackle makes a goal line clearance, the ref- after being advised by the person who sees the replay- decides the 'foul' was worthy of a red card, the other side get their man advantage, but have a goal stopped by someone who shouldn't have been on the pitch.

How long after an incident can a team/manager ask a review to be made, and how will they address any major situations that develop between the incident and the incident being reviewed?

2 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

I went to the Manor Farm game on Tuesday, at 0-1 they scored a goal (or rather, they didn't) which wasn't given. A hugely pivotal moment, as an equaliser minutes before half time gives them something to build on.

As things went, the ball got cleared, play went on. A similar thing could happen, a player offside who then sets up a goal in the next phase of play, how long do you keep going until you cannot review the decision?

What about a tackle where the ref plays advantage, the player who put in the tackle makes a goal line clearance, the ref- after being advised by the person who sees the replay- decides the 'foul' was worthy of a red card, the other side get their man advantage, but have a goal stopped by someone who shouldn't have been on the pitch.

How long after an incident can a team/manager ask a review to be made, and how will they address any major situations that develop between the incident and the incident being reviewed?

If it were to come in the key to it would be simplicity imo.

I would only have reviews (when needed) when a goal is scored so questioning whether it was offside or if there was an infringement. 

If it included reviewing decisions or non decisions where a goal hasn't been scored or could've I feel the game would be so stop start it wouldn't be enjoyable plus a winning team could take advantage of breaking the game up.

Archived