IGNORED

A&S Police advice for traveling to the Birmingham game

phantom

On 16/04/2017 at 22:04, Rob k said:

So what about all the other times we have had games moved/bubbles etc all because the police have enforced it

Im fairly sure sky don't pay A&S so how come they can't move this game? 

I'm not having a pop, I'm just curious to know what power the police really have over football clubs and do football clubs use the 'police' card only when it suits (Cardiff away for example)

I'd imagine because there isn't really a safety concern with this game, anything to do with the 10k will be closed off and then congestion doesn't really classify as a danger risk, I imagine they will just put out a message saying to leave yourself plenty of time to travel. 

3 hours ago, hodge said:

I'd imagine because there isn't really a safety concern with this game, anything to do with the 10k will be closed off and then congestion doesn't really classify as a danger risk, I imagine they will just put out a message saying to leave yourself plenty of time to travel. 

There isn't a safety concern?!

This game will be categorised highly by the OB  make no doubt about that. 

1 hour ago, Betty Swallocks said:

My point being the 10k doesn't add to the safety concern, however high danger the police classify it I find it unlikely the 10k will factor highly into their policing at the ground.

14 hours ago, Betty Swallocks said:

The game is indeed classified as a c grade, the highest category.

there will be large numbers of both police and stewards on duty at the ground and in and around the area of the centre and routes into the stadium.

my advice is leave plenty of time to get to the stadium!!

avoid city centre area. There should be routes published once road closures are confirmed and we can then hopefully next week start putting them out both here and Birmingham so fans can plan accordingly.

it will be a difficult day with traffic problems, hopefully not on the pitch! 

• Admin
1 hour ago, JulieH said:

my advice is leave plenty of time to get to the stadium!!

Hi @JulieH bit of a random question

Do the police have any influence on the trains?

Reason I ask on that Sunday there are no stopping trains at Parson Street before the game - obviously there will be the usual large number coming up from the South West and then stations from Weston up, but then add to all the blues fans staying in Weston for the weekend - it isn't any additional trains just for the trains to stop at Parson Street 

I know someone who works at Weston station and he has highlighted this problem - but obviously the more weight behind the request the better

• Admin
16 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Any idea if the club are laying on shuttle busses from various locations?

@Bristol Rob These will be running as normal:

By Supporter Bus

There are several dedicated football match day bus services. Details of each route can be found below. 

Bristol City matchday bus AG1 from Portway Park & Ride timetable

Bristol City matchday bus AG2 from Brislington Park & Ride timetable

Bristol City matchday bus AG4 from Whitchurch, Wharnecliffe Gardens timetable

Abus also run a service from Brislington Eagle Road, one hour before kick-off to all first team matches. Stops on Bath Road, Temple Gate [for Temple Meads Station], Temple Way, Old Market [Bond Street], Haymarket, Centre [St Augustine’s Parade], Anchor Road and Hotwells Road. The drop off / pick-up point is on Winterstoke Road. Fares are £2 (single or return), Season Card Holders £1. English Concessionary card holders travel free. For more information visit www.abus.co.uk or telephone 0117 977 6126. 

Read more at http://www.bcfc.co.uk/club/find_us/index.aspx#2wfROxpWubpkDe47.99

13 minutes ago, phantom said:

By Supporter Bus

There are several dedicated football match day bus services. Details of each route can be found below. 

Abus also run a service from Brislington Eagle Road, one hour before kick-off to all first team matches. Stops on Bath Road, Temple Gate [for Temple Meads Station], Temple Way, Old Market [Bond Street], Haymarket, Centre [St Augustine’s Parade], Anchor Road and Hotwells Road. The drop off / pick-up point is on Winterstoke Road. Fares are £2 (single or return), Season Card Holders £1. English Concessionary card holders travel free. For more information visit www.abus.co.uk or telephone 0117 977 6126. 

Thanks for that.

I was hoping that with the road closures and parking issues, there would be  a greater variety of options.

Amazed they don't operate a service from the centre.

46 minutes ago, phantom said:

Hi @JulieH bit of a random question

Do the police have any influence on the trains?

Reason I ask on that Sunday there are no stopping trains at Parson Street before the game - obviously there will be the usual large number coming up from the South West and then stations from Weston up, but then add to all the blues fans staying in Weston for the weekend - it isn't any additional trains just for the trains to stop at Parson Street 

I know someone who works at Weston station and he has highlighted this problem - but obviously the more weight behind the request the better

I am not sure I have any influence but I do have a contact with transport police who can raise the question.

i will e mail him tomorrow and request the question is asked! 

28 minutes ago, phantom said:

By Supporter Bus

But on another thread it says the Portway P&R has been cancelled.

@JulieH

You seem to be the only sensible and most helpful official person on this board. As part of the Bristol City Council, Bristol City Football Club, A&S Police 'Partnership' that, no doubt has been set up to try and manage  the complete carnage that is going to happen on the day - happy families mingling with hundreds of football thugs on the harbour front, traffic chaos  and all that  - can you advise if the Portway P&R is going to operate? If not, what alternative has the 'Partnership' put in place?

41 minutes ago, JulieH said:

I am not sure I have any influence but I do have a contact with transport police who can raise the question.

i will e mail him tomorrow and request the question is asked! 

Hello Julie,

as it looks like I am going to have to walk from Temple Meads to the ground can you arrange a police car to pick me up and use the blue flashing lights and siren?

56 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

@JulieH

You seem to be the only sensible and most helpful official person on this board. As part of the Bristol City Council, Bristol City Football Club, A&S Police 'Partnership' that, no doubt has been set up to try and manage  the complete carnage that is going to happen on the day - happy families mingling with hundreds of football thugs on the harbour front, traffic chaos  and all that  - can you advise if the Portway P&R is going to operate? If not, what alternative has the 'Partnership' put in place?

I am just starting now to get these offcial car parking / transport guidelines authourised and agreed by partner agencies.

i am pushing for them to be released the early part of next week so hopefully I can get this in place for then. 

32 minutes ago, reddoh said:

Hello Julie,

as it looks like I am going to have to walk from Temple Meads to the ground can you arrange a police car to pick me up and use the blue flashing lights and siren?

Of course, it's not like we won't be busy!!

1 minute ago, reddoh said:

I will look out for it,If I can't see it do you think it would be best for me to start walking?

No, wait.

Wasting police time is a serious offence, and if they have to spend time driving up and down Coronation Road to find you then they might get annoyed.

I might see if they'll lend me a horse, could be fun. Like going to Weston for a ride on a donkey, but bigger.

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

No, wait.

Wasting police time is a serious offence, and if they have to spend time driving up and down Coronation Road to find you then they might get annoyed.

I might see if they'll lend me a horse, could be fun. Like going to Weston for a ride on a donkey, but bigger.

if you see a short fat ugly man that will probably be me and for safety can you make sure the horse is no more than 12 hands high

• Admin
1 hour ago, Moor2Sea said:

@JulieH

Good point @Moor2Sea that road is closed - I just copied the info on the OS

57 minutes ago, reddoh said:

Hello Julie,

Taxi ?

39 minutes ago, JulieH said:

I am just starting now to get these offcial car parking / transport guidelines authourised and agreed by partner agencies.

i am pushing for them to be released the early part of next week so hopefully I can get this in place for then. 

Cheers. Quality customer service. 

If the D&C police have time between their coffee breaks on The Hoe :-) to run a squad car up from South Devon, can you reserve me a place? Fancy a Discovery rather than a Skoda Yeti if possible.

1 hour ago, Moor2Sea said:

Cheers. Quality customer service. 

If the D&C police have time between their coffee breaks on The Hoe :-) to run a squad car up from South Devon, can you reserve me a place? Fancy a Discovery rather than a Skoda Yeti if possible.

I will put the request in.

due to the early ko I still don't know where we can find an early breakfast yet, very concerning!!

25 minutes ago, phantom said:

Wetherspoons opens at 7am

If that has an outside sitting area with panoramic views of the harbour, in the sun and a big parking area nearby for their vehicles it could be a goer.  Will need to reserve about 20 tables to accommodate them.

46 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

If that has an outside sitting area with panoramic views of the harbour, in the sun and a big parking area nearby for their vehicles it could be a goer.  Will need to reserve about 20 tables to accommodate them.

Not forgetting someone handily placed to take a quick photo!!!

Archived