IGNORED

Time to go Lansdown

Cider red

1 hour ago, Cider red said:

Piss poor football decisions, millions spent, appointing yes men, when he took over we were a yo-yo division 2 /3  club. Bar the stadium we are no better off 15 years later. Time to sell up to someone who has the heart to make proper decisions and take this club forward. Taking our support for granted this season and giving loyal supporters the middle finger in keeping johnson has tipped a lot of fans over the edge....never mind johnson out, landowns out and take your BS with You! 

You are joking aren't you :grr:

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

I'm very smug and look down on everyone on this forum because I've supported City for 50 years don't you know. 

That's pretty much everyone's argument, irrespective of where they stand on SL/LJ. 

On about OTT . Yes it's a bad season.Yes we've got a manager whose be found out for his inadequecies and should have been replaced months ago by one with a proven track record. But Lansdown hasn't been shy in investing in the club, the City or Sport. 

Everybody knows the owners we're glad we didn't have. Not everybody likes his business model. But his heart is in the right place. We've a magnificent Stadium and the foundation of something good . The stubborn fool just needs to go back to the drawing board, accept that he's made (more) mistakes and perhaps accept that football is a different business to finance. 

He's certainly not a bad guy, I suspect he's really hurting. I'm sure he can take relegation on the chin and come back stronger re the Rugby, but Footballs a different scenario and only those that think big and act big succeed. 

20 minutes ago, morocco4me said:

YOU ALL HAD YOUR REPLY...... on the City Web Site following the PNE debacle

It's BUSINESS AS USUAL

That is to say City have sold their best players, MONEY n the bank. The Fans have already bought their Season Tickets, MONEY in the bank. Now the poor Season Ticket Holders are a captive audience,  Cup of Tea, a Pint, a Pie or a Pasties, notice how it's all dearer now? thats  MONEY in the bank.

The Results don't matter anymore, just the MONEY in the bank, when are you poor sods going to realise, Ashton Gate as it was, was built for people to watch football. Fans on the terraces, singing in the East End and all that went with it young and old.

Look around the ground now Restaurant, MONEY in the bank, Bar's, MONEY in the bank, Cafe, MONEY in the bank, City Shop, Money in the bank. And then there is the Rugby, another MONEY in the bank merrygoround.

Did any of you poor sods get it yet?

BUSINESS AS USUAL

Currently there is only one interest it is a BUSINESS all they want is MONEY !!!!

There is only one way to get OUR BCFC back that is STOP THE FLOW OF CASH, if Landsdown has to put his hand in his own pocket things will change.

If he will not put his hand in his pocket then he will sell, time for fans ownership ???

I saw the light and voted with my feet when our beloved East End lost its identity to this new shopping mall they call a stadium.

Saw some comments about the New Stadium, thank God it never happened as if it had we would now be paying Rent to Lands down too.

38 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

It seems to me that the bile, hatred, jealousy, and contempt for Lee Johnson (which in my opinion is completely overblown and out of order) has spilled over on to Steve Lansdown.  It shows that many of our fans are pretty revolting human beings. It is certainly not a simple thing to run a rapidly growing and ambitious business like Bristol Sport, which has given us excellent facilities and big budgets.  We used to lurch from crisis to crisis - had an antiquated stadium and frequently a terrible pitch! Steve had given us so much, and is due a little respect.  In spite of the current situation we can rely on Steve to keep pushing onwards and upwards. I hope he is not put off by the types on this forum because he does not need to be doing this and we would all live to regret it if he decided to jack it in - because people decided to try to rock the boat until it capsized.  As I said - be careful what you wish for!

Bring back the bad pitch!! Forest home second leg has to be thr best atmosphere ever. Apart from Liverpool 77!!

And thanks Bad it's nice to be thought as a REVOLTING human being.

1 hour ago, Bat Fastard said:

It seems to me that the bile, hatred, jealousy, and contempt for Lee Johnson (which in my opinion is completely overblown and out of order) has spilled over on to Steve Lansdown.  It shows that many of our fans are pretty revolting human beings. It is certainly not a simple thing to run a rapidly growing and ambitious business like Bristol Sport, which has given us excellent facilities and big budgets.  We used to lurch from crisis to crisis - had an antiquated stadium and frequently a terrible pitch! Steve had given us so much, and is due a little respect.  In spite of the current situation we can rely on Steve to keep pushing onwards and upwards. I hope he is not put off by the types on this forum because he does not need to be doing this and we would all live to regret it if he decided to jack it in - because people decided to try to rock the boat until it capsized.  As I said - be careful what you wish for!

I agree that Mr Lansdown should be treated with respect, but It is possible to have the facilities and business without outsourcing activities to a Bristol Sport. No it is not possible, its normal.  

I also feel that individuals such as John Laycock also deserve respect. What are the crises the FC experienced during his Chairmanship?

3 hours ago, Cider red said:

Piss poor football decisions, millions spent, appointing yes men, when he took over we were a yo-yo division 2 /3  club. Bar the stadium we are no better off 15 years later. Time to sell up to someone who has the heart to make proper decisions and take this club forward. Taking our support for granted this season and giving loyal supporters the middle finger in keeping johnson has tipped a lot of fans over the edge....never mind johnson out, landowns out and take your BS with You! 

Great post :laugh:. 

4 hours ago, cityexile said:

Just going to say this before bowing out, as I know emotions are rightly running high. Heck, I share a lot of them.

However, whatever I think of SLs calls this year in relation to LJ, one thing I just do not believe is over his time here is that he has been in it for the money.

I don't think he's been in it for the money and nowhere have I said or even implied that.

It is the case though that his loans and equity are secured by charges over freehold property, and it is also likely that he could recoup his investment by selling to a rich buyer.

So what I am saying is that the investment is not necessarily philanthropic.

5 hours ago, Bat Fastard said:

Be careful what you wish for!  Steve saved and rebuilt the whole club and set up the infrastructure to help secure our future. His project is still (roughly) on track and he has the financial muscle to shrug off temporary problems.  Unlike many on here - he can count!!

The last 3 months has tested his and the boards strength in making decisions. The results are short of questionable. His / their response is void, cowardly and disgraceful. Communication skills are inept and personally I now question his committment and desire for this club.  Yes he has thrown in money, however, more important is the ambition for growth and what is the best for this club. 

Disillusioned, disappointed and feeling betrayed!!!

6 hours ago, morocco4me said:

YOU ALL HAD YOUR REPLY...... on the City Web Site following the PNE debacle

It's BUSINESS AS USUAL

That is to say City have sold their best players, MONEY n the bank. The Fans have already bought their Season Tickets, MONEY in the bank. Now the poor Season Ticket Holders are a captive audience,  Cup of Tea, a Pint, a Pie or a Pasties, notice how it's all dearer now? thats  MONEY in the bank.

The Results don't matter anymore, just the MONEY in the bank, when are you poor sods going to realise, Ashton Gate as it was, was built for people to watch football. Fans on the terraces, singing in the East End and all that went with it young and old.

Look around the ground now Restaurant, MONEY in the bank, Bar's, MONEY in the bank, Cafe, MONEY in the bank, City Shop, Money in the bank. And then there is the Rugby, another MONEY in the bank merrygoround.

Did any of you poor sods get it yet?

BUSINESS AS USUAL

Currently there is only one interest it is a BUSINESS all they want is MONEY !!!!

There is only one way to get OUR BCFC back that is STOP THE FLOW OF CASH, if Landsdown has to put his hand in his own pocket things will change.

If he will not put his hand in his pocket then he will sell, time for fans ownership ???

I saw the light and voted with my feet when our beloved East End lost its identity to this new shopping mall they call a stadium.

Snap, there are it seems quite a few fans who are quite happy to sit with folded arms and take anything thrown at them, in the name of Bristol City fc a club that rents a ground, is part of something they didn't sign up for and has one man dictating everything that goes on in it.

So it seems we are Cardiff in the making but worse, many have already signed up and paid for another season of what-ever is dished out for them.

We are the boys in the red and white, we love to sing and we love to fight ... do nothing really.

7 hours ago, Bat Fastard said:

Unlike many on here - he can count!!

Lets hope he is sitting down then when he counts season ticket renewals after his failure to act for the good of the club results in relegation,but there again i doubt he will be worried, family friends and sycophantic yes men are first priority,keeping the long suffering fan base happy are the least of his problems.

2 minutes ago, Bullbag said:

I agree it is.

Too many fans without a backbone at this club.

Speak up and fight for what you believe in.

This dictatorship is rotten right the way through, major changes needed.

Otherwise prepare for the lower regions of league one again.

fans are/will remain loyal to the "club" and the boss knows this; without that loyalty how-ever there is no-one to dictate to.

9 hours ago, Bat Fastard said:

He turned much of that debt into equity!  He would struggle to get a return on his "investment" in the current situation. 

Maybe not at this precise moment but over a lifetime - his, Jon's or baby Lansdown's - he will.

Christ - he saved us from **** all. The bloke is a shrewd investor not a football fan.

All he's done is develop a nice long term investment under the pretence of Bristol Sport. Made me proud? Has it ****.

9 hours ago, ashton_fan said:

The millions spent is his own money. He's recognised in football as one of the best owners and there are plenty of bad ones who wreck clubs. I do wonder sometimes if these comments asking him to go come from true BCFC fans or whether it's those who want us to fail, ie the blue few.

It comes from fans who know that SL can't make good footballing decisions but refuses to bring in someone who will. SL doesn't need to go off he actually just admitted when it comes to football he doesn't know best but he won't do that because of his own ego. 

There is a big difference between being a great business man and being a great football club owner, SL is definitely a great business man but when it comes to those important footballing decisions he's still a great businessman and that's why we have such bad staff. 

Waiting for the Leyton Orient example (conveniently forgetting they are miles smaller than us) or Cardiff or Hull.

Yes, let's look at those last two, one has pissed past us in the league after appointing a proven manager.

The other looks like staying up now from an apparently hopeless position after making an inspired managerial change. See a pattern?

For Gods sake then don't mention those disastrous foreign owners at Leicester & Bournemouth..

Thanks for the new ground Steve, shame that everything else is complete shite.

9 hours ago, robin_unreliant said:

Have to say I really enjoy walking down to AG and surveying our new ground with pride. Sat in my seat in the Dolman I gaze around at the new stands and our lovely pitch and thank SL for everything he has done for us.

Unfortunately, the team then comes out onto the pitch and my good mood is ruined shortly afterwards.

Personally, I don't spend 30 quid every other Saturday to look at a stadium

10 hours ago, Cider red said:

no where near that time,

Time to take some responsibility, time to man up and admit you are wrong, but it's not time to go, not by a long shot

Hysteria and over the top comments once again.

Whilst SL has made mistakes, he has developed the club off the pitch massively. For some to say his predecessors did more for the club is laughable. Cast your mind back and if you weren't around in the 80's or 90's even early 00's then look it up.

19 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Waiting for the Leyton Orient example (conveniently forgetting they are miles smaller than us) or Cardiff or Hull.

Yes, let's look at those last two, one has pissed past us in the league after appointing a proven manager.

The other looks like staying up now from an apparently hopeless position after making an inspired managerial change. See a pattern?

For Gods sake then don't mention those disastrous foreign owners at Leicester & Bournemouth..

Thanks for the new ground Steve, shame that everything else is complete shite.

Ok let's look at Cardiff and Hull owners 

Cardiff - changed the colour of their kit from blue to red, changed the colour of the seats, tried changing club name to "Cardiff dragons", signing players without speaking to the manager, not supporting the current manager financially.

Hull - Tried changing the name of club to "Hull tigers", huge increases in tickets prices, failing to support Bruce was led to him quitting.

Try speaking to a couple of our Welsh friends or Hull fans and you'll find despite our league positions they would instantly trade owners.

27 minutes ago, gazza1982 said:

Hysteria and over the top comments once again.

Whilst SL has made mistakes, he has developed the club off the pitch massively. For some to say his predecessors did more for the club is laughable. Cast your mind back and if you weren't around in the 80's or 90's even early 00's then look it up.

All of which means nothing if the football is no better

9 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Correct but we definitely had planning consent to redevelop the Williams into a two tier stand during the Davidson era

I think it was a 3 tier stand, based on the design of the main stand at Filbert Street.

edit. it was  2 tier stand at Filbert Street called the Carling Stand opened in 1994.

18 minutes ago, BarnzFM said:

What Steve has provided in terms of the business side and infustructure is utterly second to none. Having said that it's becoming obvious that he needs to leave the running of the football side to someone else and stop butting in. 

Utterly second to none is a very, very big shout

Archived