IGNORED

£37 for a seat in Dolman?? Daylight robbery

Thatwasclose

As a season ticket holder have not kept up to date with match day ticket prices so I went to the website and apparently it's at £37 for a Dolman seat for next game, there must be some kind of mistake?

Anyone paying that sort of price (forget our current form) to watch us vs Wolves must have bucket loads of money.

daylight robbery!

4 minutes ago, Thatwasclose said:

As a season ticket holder have not kept up to date with match day ticket prices so I went to the website and apparently it's at £37 for a Dolman seat for next game, there must be some kind of mistake?

Anyone paying that sort of price (forget our current form) to watch us vs Wolves must have bucket loads of money.

daylight robbery!

£41 in the middle of the Lansdown.

Admittedly those are non-member prices, but overpriced nonetheless - especially at the moment! And it's not as though membership is free.

Just now, Super said:

I think it must be £39 on the sides?

Yep, £41 in the middle. Atrocious.

As a member I normally go for Dolman wings at either £25 or £30. Doesn't seem so bad at first, but a few years ago that would have got me a ticket in the middle and I wouldn't have had to pay £20 to start with.

Just now, Welcome To The Jungle said:

£30 for Wolves fans to stand in the Atyeo. Season tickets will be on average the most expensive they have ever been to next season. Cheers Lansdown

I'm not sure that's right about season tickets. I actually think they're good value if we stay in the division. In 08/09 I paid £410 for a season ticket in the Atyeo. That's more than now even without considering inflation.

All assuming we stay in the Championship of course.

I went to Dortmund v Bayern Munich last year and paid €20 for the ticket €3.50 a pint and got a free programme. Flights were only £44rtn as well.

English football is getting ridiculous but at the same time we have some of the best facilities around, have the worlds best players (ok maybe not at AG) and that comes at a price.

Although £40 to watch city is excessive its not just us that has hiked up match day ticket prices, a colleague at work paid £28 to stand at Peterborough the other week and Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday both seem to have crazy ticket pricing.

Just now, wesco said:

I went to Dortmund v Bayern Munich last year and paid €20 for the ticket €3.50 a pint and got a free programme. Flights were only £44rtn as well.

English football is getting ridiculous but at the same time we have some of the best facilities around, have the worlds best players (ok maybe not at AG) and that comes at a price.

Although £40 to watch city is excessive its not just us that has hiked up match day ticket prices, a colleague at work paid £28 to stand at Peterborough the other week and Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday both seem to have crazy ticket pricing.

A price that we have no opt out over. This is why football clubs should not be privately owned and run like normal businesses. I can't go elsewhere if I'm unhappy with prices and you are bound to your club for life. Personally I'd rather we were a League two club with sensible prices and accessible to everyone in South Bristol. Football clubs should be a family and if success is ever gained at the expense of unity and togetherness then that success is not worth it. 

This is why I can't make games anymore, with a train ticket from Cardiff to Bristol, money for food etc it ends up costing me a lot. Prices in general are stupid these days, if you look up the prices to watch Arsenal play at home against Leicester it's between £110-170 for a standard ticket. 

Clearly we all have different views of 'expensive' but to include food in a thread about match ticket prices....takes the biscuit.

I think STs are the way forward if 39 quid is too much per game

You could go first class train from Temple Meads to Paddington (same 90-100 minutes of pain and be £176 worse off!!!!

Is £40 really too much to pay to watch City.

I know for a fact even a middle-grade dominixtrix charges at least £50 for a 45 minute session.

Anything you want for £50, although she will only punch and scratch where it does not show.

The pain City inflict does all this, and is far cheaper: the only scars are mental.

Hope this helps.

tfj

41 minutes ago, wesco said:

We don't have the world's best players though do we.

Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, Bale, Neymar, Neuer, Lewandowski, Robben off the top of my head...

...the only ones who would make a World squad to take on Mars are perhaps Zlatan, Aguero, Hazard.

The players on display categorically do not justify paying the highest prices.

39 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

The maximum price, if booked in advance, at Forest Green is £19, with children under 11 free. Probably see a bettet match there. 

I paid a tenner at Chippenham Town last week, which I thought was quite a lot. Apparently their best player gets £350 a game!

Just now, ChippenhamRed said:

We don't have the world's best players though do we.

Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, Bale, Neymar, Neuer, Lewandowski, Robben off the top of my head...

...the only ones who would make a World squad to take on Mars are perhaps Zlatan, Aguero, Hazard.

The players on display categorically do not justify paying the highest prices.

We did after Huddersfield, but these same *******ds have let Lee down since.

You need to learn to deflect blame make a pro or you will never get your FIFA badges.

Keep trying.

tfj

21 minutes ago, Spike said:

This is why I can't make games anymore, with a train ticket from Cardiff to Bristol, money for food etc it ends up costing me a lot. Prices in general are stupid these days, if you look up the prices to watch Arsenal play at home against Leicester it's between £110-170 for a standard ticket. 

Really? Their non-member prices are nowhere near that and range from £27 (category C cheapest seat) to £97 (category A most expensive seat). http://www.arsenal.com/tickets/non-member-ticket-prices

Archived