IGNORED

£37 for a seat in Dolman?? Daylight robbery

Thatwasclose

52 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

These prices are for people who watch the odd game, not those who attend regularly who either have a ST or membership so I think it's OK. Remember the club's plan is to be able to operate without handouts from SL, they're going to stop some time and then the club's income will be vital for paying the wage bill, transfer fees etc.. It's got to be run as a business, not a charity.

That's the attitude ! That'll bring new fans in, or old lapsed fans back won't it !
If you are one of many people that can only manage/afford to go occasionally why would you bother at nearly £40 for a game. When many clubs are reducing prices to get more fans in, we seem to be doing the opposite. I know guys that can't go regularly so they feel  it's not always worth a membership, one of which works 7 days a lot of the time and as he couldn't be sure he'd make the game until late paid £38 ! The whole idea of the new stadium was off field income, yes increased ticket sales , but more from catering and conferencing etc. I was in two minds whether to renew, I was going to get tickets as and when I could go . At the prices, even members, it would get easier and easier not to go. I'm in the luck position I can afford to take the chance on how many games I can get too, many are not.

On ‎07‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 14:18, Spike said:

This is why I can't make games anymore, with a train ticket from Cardiff to Bristol, money for food etc it ends up costing me a lot. Prices in general are stupid these days, if you look up the prices to watch Arsenal play at home against Leicester it's between £110-170 for a standard ticket. 

If your buying of a 3rd party site maybe but tickets direct from Arsenal for that game are £39.50 - £55.50 for adults. I only know because I'm going.

3 hours ago, ashton_fan said:

These prices are for people who watch the odd game, not those who attend regularly who either have a ST or membership so I think it's OK. Remember the club's plan is to be able to operate without handouts from SL, they're going to stop some time and then the club's income will be vital for paying the wage bill, transfer fees etc.. It's got to be run as a business, not a charity.

Easy to slip into thinking that a member simply gets a fiver off.  They don't, they get a fiver off having paid £20 in the first place.  As a member attending around 8 home games a season, I am saving only around £2.50 per game when accounting for the initial membership cost.  I can't commit the time to attend every home game so a season ticket is not the best option for me.  Personally while I think season tickets are reasonably priced, the much higher per-game price for match tickets is too much of a difference in my opinion.  No new fan will buy a season ticket straight away, so overpricing match tickets does little to encourage new support and increase the fanbase.  And there are plenty of people like me who go as often as they are able and should not be priced out because they can't commit to a season ticket.

You also assume that the current price point is the most profitable, which is not necessarily the case.

That said, for balance I should point out that there have been a number of ticket offers this season which I have benefiited from; £10 v Blackburn, £13 v Hull, £15 v Birmingham, free adult and child ticket with a child membership.

4 hours ago, ashton_fan said:

If not the fans, and the business, where do you expect the money to come from in the future?

I am a supporter, therefore I chose to financially support my club as most of us do. However we've spunked 15 million up the wall this season. The fans are paying for the bad decisions within the club that they have no control over. That is not acceptable. 

Meanwhile, Huddersfield are charging Adults from £15 in their next game as part of their regular pricing structure. They haven't spent £15million and are in the play-offs. The fans before buisness model is working for them and to a lesser extent, Reading.

Meanwhile Steve 'Buisness Before Fans' Lansdown is throwing our cash around like it doesn't matter. In perspective, Tomlins transfer fee and contract is probably the same as out Season Ticket sales for this season. It is irresponsible and it isn't even working. 

3 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

That's the attitude ! That'll bring new fans in, or old lapsed fans back won't it !
If you are one of many people that can only manage/afford to go occasionally why would you bother at nearly £40 for a game. When many clubs are reducing prices to get more fans in, we seem to be doing the opposite. I know guys that can't go regularly so they feel  it's not always worth a membership, one of which works 7 days a lot of the time and as he couldn't be sure he'd make the game until late paid £38 ! The whole idea of the new stadium was off field income, yes increased ticket sales , but more from catering and conferencing etc. I was in two minds whether to renew, I was going to get tickets as and when I could go . At the prices, even members, it would get easier and easier not to go. I'm in the luck position I can afford to take the chance on how many games I can get too, many are not.

I don't know about the 'many clubs' reducing prices (not in the Championship anyway) so how about backing up your opinion with some facts? Regarding season tickets City are the 14th most expensive in the Championship, ie at the cheap end. I renewed my ST and it works out at £20 a game roughly, ie very good value. The club has a marketing strategy of encouraging people to buy ST's which I think is right. If they reduced prices for the occasional fan they would have to raise ST prices to make up the shortfall. Incidentally anyone who knows a ST holder can get reduced prices anyway, I've bought tickets for two family members for the QPR game in the Lansdown stand at £34 each, nowhere near the £40 quoted in this thread.

SL has just spent £70m of his own money on rebuilding the stadium to be one of the best in the Division, why do people on here always have to find something to moan about?

On 07/04/2017 at 13:57, wesco said:

I went to Dortmund v Bayern Munich last year and paid €20 for the ticket €3.50 a pint and got a free programme. Flights were only £44rtn as well.

English football is getting ridiculous but at the same time we have some of the best facilities around, have the worlds best players (ok maybe not at AG) and that comes at a price.

Although £40 to watch city is excessive its not just us that has hiked up match day ticket prices, a colleague at work paid £28 to stand at Peterborough the other week and Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday both seem to have crazy ticket pricing.

More and more people are doing that. Thinking about going to Dortmund myself.

On 4/7/2017 at 13:57, wesco said:

I went to Dortmund v Bayern Munich last year and paid €20 for the ticket €3.50 a pint and got a free programme. Flights were only £44rtn as well.

English football is getting ridiculous but at the same time we have some of the best facilities around, have the worlds best players (ok maybe not at AG) and that comes at a price.

Although £40 to watch city is excessive its not just us that has hiked up match day ticket prices, a colleague at work paid £28 to stand at Peterborough the other week and Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday both seem to have crazy ticket pricing.

You are right it's the English game that is markedly expensive and becoming moreso.

We do? I didn't know Ronaldo, Suarez, Bale and Modric had returned to the PL.

Also, have Man Utd now signed Neymar and Griezmann at last, Man City finally signed Bonucci, someone signed Neuer, someone (Man City)? signed Messi? Don't forget Aubameyang...oh I know reunited with Klopp at Liverpool.

Don't get me wrong PL is a high standard but not convinced it's the true elite currently.

Not defending prices, but I think it's clear that POTD prices are st as such to deter people from being a 'pick and choose' fan. 

At c. £40 a game you only have to attend 40% of games to make it more affordable via a season ticket. You can miss more games than you see and still be better off as a ST holder. 

Also for anyone saying STs are poor value, do you really think so? If memory serves me correctly, mine in 07/08 was £329 - £16 or 5% cheaper than now. 

I'll bet almost every other lifestyle expense I have now is considerably more than 5% more expensive than it was ten years ago. 

With the rapid increase in player wages and off field investment I certainly don't think a 5% increase in a decade represents poor value. 

Kids STs - very important in getting new generations of fans though the doors - are also fantastic value at c. £2 per game with a free shirt. 

On Fri Apr 07 2017 at 13:50, ChippenhamRed said:

I'm not sure that's right about season tickets. I actually think they're good value if we stay in the division. In 08/09 I paid £410 for a season ticket in the Atyeo. That's more than now even without considering inflation.

All assuming we stay in the Championship of course.

500 quid for me and 2 kids. Happy with that!

On 07/04/2017 at 15:01, RedLionLad said:

Bring back the old days when you could sneak in to watch teams like Liverpool and Chelsea in a packed stadium. Proper football, proper tackles, proper fans and proper terraces.

The songs were pretty good too.......

I'm a proper fan fleeced out of nearly £1000 for four season tickets in the Lansdown stand . This game is awash with money yet certain clubs feel it's ok to rob the fans . Disgusting 

15 minutes ago, shelts said:

I'm a proper fan fleeced out of nearly £1000 for four season tickets in the Lansdown stand . This game is awash with money yet certain clubs feel it's ok to rob the fans . Disgusting 

£355 here for W16. Just over £15 per game. Can't knock that.

Can go and watch Ajax in Holland for £20 in the beautiful Amsterdam Arena in a great seat. Beer allowed in the stands. Flights and trains can be as cheap as £80 if you book in advance. So all in to watch a top quality European side in a better stadium with bigger names in a foreign country, £100ish. 

£40 to watch City v Wolves is laughable.

51 minutes ago, shelts said:

So £1000 for 92 tickets (23 games x 4) for the best seats in the house in a brand new stand?  That's barely £10 per ticket on average.  Plus you have chosen to sit in the most expensive seats.

Sounds entirely reasonable to me.

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

So £1000 for 92 tickets (23 games x 4) for the best seats in the house in a brand new stand?  That's barely £10 per ticket on average.  Plus you have chosen to sit in the most expensive seats.

Sounds entirely reasonable to me.

It's a lot of money with the way the world is and the uncertainty at the time of what division we might play in. Soo much money in the game with tv money etc when that goes they will be crying out for the fans that got priced out. 

2 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

£355 here for W16. Just over £15 per game. Can't knock that.

It's a lot in the current climate . Wasn't sure what division we might be in but decided to stay loyal. Gutted for the fans that can't afford today's prices as not long ago I was one . Lots of other schemes worth a look at other clubs that do deals . I wouldn't be a City fan if I didn't moan, hence we have this forum!!!

33 minutes ago, oldrosie said:

"Incidentally anyone who knows a ST holder can get reduced prices anyway, I've bought tickets for two family members for the QPR game in the Lansdown stand at £34 each, nowhere near the £40 quoted in this thread."  Only £34 .... bargain ... 

Compared to other clubs it is a fair price (eg Norwich top price £50) for the top stand and a one-off ticket. I think it must be a while since you went to a game.

9 hours ago, ashton_fan said:

I don't know about the 'many clubs' reducing prices (not in the Championship anyway) so how about backing up your opinion with some facts? Regarding season tickets City are the 14th most expensive in the Championship, ie at the cheap end. I renewed my ST and it works out at £20 a game roughly, ie very good value. The club has a marketing strategy of encouraging people to buy ST's which I think is right. If they reduced prices for the occasional fan they would have to raise ST prices to make up the shortfall. Incidentally anyone who knows a ST holder can get reduced prices anyway, I've bought tickets for two family members for the QPR game in the Lansdown stand at £34 each, nowhere near the £40 quoted in this thread.

SL has just spent £70m of his own money on rebuilding the stadium to be one of the best in the Division, why do people on here always have to find something to moan about?

OK , I accept a little exaggeration with many. Huddersfield and Wolves I believe have offers , HTFC cut prices (£199) and Wolves offer a refund if they reach a certain figure, obviously Bradford do a great offer lower down . But my point wasn't ST prices, although I think if they had offered a reduced price if we get relegated it may have helped sales a little. I get the ST argument it's the general sale tickets that I think are extortionate , £41 for the highest priced ticket. To be honest I didn't know about discounts with ST. 
Because of our position when the details were released, you have to take into account that these prices could be L1 prices.
I know that SL has spent a lot on the stadium , and my concerns aren't just with our pricing it is football in general. The atmosphere has already changed in many grounds for the worse, if prices keep going up then eventually football could end up more of a TV show than it is already. 
I don't understand why people complain about people complaining on a forum, it's one of the reasons forums exist. Air your opinions and views and for a majority of teams fans that would be moaning.
One thing I have just noticed, the Birmingham game is £10. Have to applaud the club for that.

Screen Shot 2017-04-10 at 23.29.40.png

7 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

OK , I accept a little exaggeration with many. Huddersfield and Wolves I believe have offers , HTFC cut prices (£199) and Wolves offer a refund if they reach a certain figure, obviously Bradford do a great offer lower down . But my point wasn't ST prices, although I think if they had offered a reduced price if we get relegated it may have helped sales a little. I get the ST argument it's the general sale tickets that I think are extortionate , £41 for the highest priced ticket. To be honest I didn't know about discounts with ST. 
Because of our position when the details were released, you have to take into account that these prices could be L1 prices.
I know that SL has spent a lot on the stadium , and my concerns aren't just with our pricing it is football in general. The atmosphere has already changed in many grounds for the worse, if prices keep going up then eventually football could end up more of a TV show than it is already. 
I don't understand why people complain about people complaining on a forum, it's one of the reasons forums exist. Air your opinions and views and for a majority of teams fans that would be moaning.
One thing I have just noticed, the Birmingham game is £10. Have to applaud the club for that.

Screen Shot 2017-04-10 at 23.29.40.png

This isn't true, match ticket prices for next season haven't been announced yet - only season tickets.

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

This isn't true, match ticket prices for next season haven't been announced yet - only season tickets.

I was talking about season tickets there, we could still go down and I've renewed so the price I paid could be for a L1 ticket. Maybe I wasn't clear how I put it.  
That said how could they drop prices without ST holders feeling put out as they've already stumped up a set price whatever division.

Archived