Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

On 17/04/2017 at 23:03, Keepers Ball said:

Been messing with some templates recently. Sponsor is a bit ropey but you get the idea

City fantasy.jpg

What a lovely shirt, would absolutely love it if this actually was our home shirt (with white shorts)

nike.jpg

Loving this too, very very nice.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Spike said:

Going by what I'm reading....

sDwVgiq.png

I'd much prefer something more modern. Tired of teams trying to do the retro thing.For what it's worth though, cracking effort!!!

10 minutes ago, brizzlelou said:

I'd much prefer something more modern. Tired of teams trying to do the retro thing.For what it's worth though, cracking effort!!!

Maybe it's an age thing, but to me this is not 'retro', it's what football kits look like. Classy.

This is Gerry. Be like Gerry.

394318C100000578-0-image-m-4_1476138256898.jpg.c45d4df2b7830d1565e3f48576302bf9.jpg

Edited by City Rocker
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, City Rocker said:

Maybe it's an age thing, but to me this is not 'retro', it's what football kits look like. Classy.

This is Gerry. Be like Gerry.

394318C100000578-0-image-m-4_1476138256898.jpg.c45d4df2b7830d1565e3f48576302bf9.jpg

Agree - modern shirts starting to look like athlete tops - a football shirt should have more character for me

• Like 1

If you guys can find more images of these umbro kits I'd like to make them to put in a future Bristol city kit pack for pro evolution soccer =) 

If Carlsberg did football kits they would probably look like the Bristol City kit from our first division days. 

Stick with one kit City.... price it at £20 and you will sell thousands. keep it the same year in year out. Flippin simples. 

The City board wonder why so few people, relatively, come to AG with a red shirt... duhhhhh.

Now that the club have manufacturing control you would think they would get it.. thick as two short planks... another missed opportunity.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Spike said:

If you guys can find more images of these umbro kits I'd like to make them to put in a future Bristol city kit pack for pro evolution soccer =)

the home top with the black away shorts looked good to .

4 hours ago, havanatopia said:

If Carlsberg did football kits they would probably look like the Bristol City kit from our first division days. 

Stick with one kit City.... price it at £20 and you will sell thousands. keep it the same year in year out. Flippin simples. 

The City board wonder why so few people, relatively, come to AG with a red shirt... duhhhhh.

Now that the club have manufacturing control you would think they would get it.. thick as two short planks... another missed opportunity.

That would literally be one of the worst business ideas ever, even for Bristol Sport!

• Like 10

19 minutes ago, oldrosie said:

could somebody who buys the new kit every season explain why?

Why not? The shirt is your clubs identity. I don't buy the shirts every season, but I don't see a problem with people that do. I do cringe when I see people wear shirts around the shops, but if you're going to a game then why not? Wear your colours with pride. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, oldrosie said:

I think our kit man has to do it for obvious reasons. As for everyone else, not sure.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, oldrosie said:

I haven't had a city home shirt for about 12 years so could only guess that some see it as a collectors item or whatever.

If the shirts were cheaper I would buy one every season but im waiting for us to get a nice home shirt first!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

He looks like he's waiting to be frisked.

Not at AG obviously though. He would just have to unzip his coat and stroll on past with who knows what in his pockets 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, 54-46 said:

Not at AG obviously though. He would just have to unzip his coat and stroll on past with who knows what in his pockets 

Don't be so silly, if someone was sneaking something in they'd obviously leave it above all layers of clothes apart from their coats ;)

On 23/04/2017 at 21:24, yardy said:

All i hope is that they make a replica kit that fits my son (5 year old) !

Ditto. My son started football club last September when he turned 3.   

Living in South London I want him to have a bit of identity and wear a City kit because he is surrounded by the default Chelsea, and/or Palace local kits, but all I can dress him in is an England kit because the baby kit BS make is too small (obvious) and youth shirts start from a ridiculously old age. 

Missed opportunity by BS, but I'm hardly surprised given their track record.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, havanatopia said:

So make it cheaper AND make it last longer? Just basic economics shows why that would be a ridiculous idea.

If we sell 15k shirts at £20 then we would get £300k with no repeat business each year. Even if we sold half the amount at £45 we would get c£340k in the first year plus new shirt sales each year.

• Like 1

On 4/15/2017 at 12:52, shelts said:

Get the players to make it in the off season!!!

If the rumours are true then the players failed to stitch up LJ this season....why do you think they'd be any more successful stitching up kits?!? :D

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kmpowell said:

Ditto. My son started football club last September when he turned 3.   

Living in South London I want him to have a bit of identity and wear a City kit because he is surrounded by the default Chelsea, and/or Palace local kits, but all I can dress him in is an England kit because the baby kit BS make is too small (obvious) and youth shirts start from a ridiculously old age. 

Missed opportunity by BS, but I'm hardly surprised given their track record.

I think the youth sizes start from age 6 - fits my 4yo fine if tucked in! 

2 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

I think the youth sizes start from age 6 - fits my 4yo fine if tucked in! 

When I looked online they only ever showed ages from 10+, so I rang the shop and they said the smallest they do is 8-10 but it's always out of stock...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kmpowell said:

When I looked online they only ever showed ages from 10+, so I rang the shop and they said the smallest they do is 8-10 but it's always out of stock...

They definitely do smaller sizes as I've come very close to getting my 3 year old nephew one a few times this season and took him in the shop to try stuff on. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, kmpowell said:

Hmmmm if that's the case they're made for pretty small 8-10yr olds! We got it when they were all dished out en masse at the start of the season in the South Stand for Season Ticket Holders; perhaps they do a limited run of smaller sizes for kids who have STs? Maybe @AdamB can help/point us in the right direction? 

My son wears a 6 year old shirt and he's 5 and not a big lad. They don't make nearly enough of the smaller shirts though, have to get them early or miss out it seems.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, havanatopia said:

This would be a dumb idea from a business perspective :blink:

23 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Safe to say... you are better at match day threads than at running a merchandising business. 

• Like 2

Are the 2016/17 kits still full price at the moment? When do they go down in price? Once the new one is released I assume? 

Could do with a new red top for my 6-a-side and a little one for my eldest. 

53 minutes ago, Alex#40 said:

My son wears a 6 year old shirt and he's 5 and not a big lad. They don't make nearly enough of the smaller shirts though, have to get them early or miss out it seems.

That is one of the better ST advantages - the free kit for the kids. The 6YO kit worked fine for my youngest (at 5)

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

If the rumours are true then the players failed to stitch up LJ this season....why do you think they'd be any more successful stitching up kits?!? :D

Perhaps that`s why our form picked up. `Right, we stay in the championship or you lot spend the summer sewing shirts together in Vietnam for £1.50 a day`

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 13:41, Alex#40 said:

My son wears a 6 year old shirt and he's 5 and not a big lad.

You skinflint - buy him a new one :whistle:

• Like 1

On 25/04/2017 at 13:47, MarcusX said:

This would be a dumb idea from a business perspective :blink:

Depends which sweat shop you use 

On ‎23‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 14:49, Spike said:

Going by what I'm reading....

sDwVgiq.png

They need to drop that shaven haven badge.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brizzlelou said:

I marvel at how their marketing department managed to keep a lid on the green and white hooped design.

• Like 3

On Sun Apr 23 2017 at 21:30, Bullbag said:

Like both of these very much.  

Pleaseeeeeeeeee :fingerscrossed:

• Like 1

I really hope that silly hashtag experiment is ended for next season. Thank God the EFL refused to have it on our kit- imagine having #MakingBristolProud on our kits for all to see as we went on our record breaking losing run!

• Like 5

Just now, Red Right Hand said:

A great magazine, I think I may still have a few vintage issues in the loft.

Got any "Hairy Hutch" back issues? :whistle:

Just now, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Got any "Hairy Hutch" back issues? :whistle:

I`ll need to have a look. Will you only be using them for research purposes as I can only loan them to a fellow academic.

Just now, Red Right Hand said:

I`ll need to have a look. Will you only be using them for research purposes as I can only loan them to a fellow academic.

For sure. I have an *ahem* thesis, I need to knock out.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, brizzlelou said:

The new Bayern kit is pretty special 

IMG_3062.JPG

That's bloody lovely. 

Is ours being announced this week?