IGNORED

Brighton Away - kick off times

The Gambler

Live just outside Brighton so bought my tickets for the Amex yesterday on general sale. Are we expected to sell out? Or are people waiting to see if the game has something riding on it / happy to watch on sky? 

Differing kick off times dampen the excitement of end of season for me. I would rather all games kick off at same time from 3/4 games out from end of season. Brighton got promoted yday as a result of the late afternoon game - not the same is it (although doubt they cared)? When we play at Brighton (who always seem to be on sky) we could start the day not safe and by 17:00 before we play be safe as a result of the 3pm kick offs - not as enjoyable as being at the game and finding out your fate.

1 minute ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

Does anyone think we stand a chance against Brighton?

Logic says a thumping, but as Lee has us playing like Barca (when they were any good), perhaps we can piss on their parade?

:chant6ez:

tfj

I'm expecting a good pasting…and maybe a pasty.

Trying to be positive here..... so with a 5:30 kick off we will know what we have to do or already be up by the time kick off comes that day. Trying to be even more positive, that it could be decided versus Barnsley anyway! I did look at Barnsley's away form and its pretty good with 9 wins and 2 draws.

FFS I just want it to be over, my poor heart can't take much more!!

2 hours ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

Does anyone think we stand a chance against Brighton?

Logic says a thumping, but as Lee has us playing like Barca (when they were any good), perhaps we can piss on their parade?

:chant6ez:Yes i do for a start!We always play well against top teams and expect us to at least draw!!

tfj

Friday night B&HA play Norwich. A win for the Seagulls will put them ten points clear of Newcastle who'll have three games left. Therefore Brighton will be champions which in turn means their game v City wouldn't have anything riding on it for them, other than to accumulate as many points as poss.

20 minutes ago, 22A said:

Friday night B&HA play Norwich. A win for the Seagulls will put them ten points clear of Newcastle who'll have three games left. Therefore Brighton will be champions which in turn means their game v City wouldn't have anything riding on it for them, other than to accumulate as many points as poss.

I bet Walsall thought this before we stuck 8 past them.

I think the status of both teams will have an impact on players and fans and as already stated on here, could vary from where we are today.

Don't think we will get hammered as one of LJ's growing number of accomplishments is his players don't get beaten often so let's hope Preston was his / their sole blemish this season? I can't see players wanting to fork out refunds for those who go and their performance at Wigan and Blackburn was one of a team desperately keen not to lose.

Clearly Brighton are a class act but this could raise the game for our lads too.

Remember all the jokers on here who said our Huddersfield performances were for the cameras not for Lj, they may just make a re-appearance on Sunday 30th, though they were rightly very quiet after Wolves and QPR! 

2 hours ago, 22A said:

Problem is that Norwich are very good at home. :gaah:  Someone please make it end...

11 minutes ago, CiderCraig said:

Is the big fight on the same night, as well as the Brighton v City game on the same night?

Guilty your honour !! I have a defence 6% traditional thatchers 5 gallons of it! 

Shouldnt go on otib after alcohol ! 

Tickets in the post, lets hope the plucky underdogs pull a performance out of the bag.

No idea on the result, could be a huge score, destroying our GD, or maybe a scrappy draw.

Let's put them to the sword and come away with 1-3 though.

Tammy, your chance to show what you've got against Premiership opposition.  You've been the shining light in a dark season.

On SKY, decent opposition, run bloody rings around them boy and get yourself a solid loan next season.  (Although if you'd like to stay for old times sake that'd be great)

Just now, RumRed said:

Tickets in the post, lets hope the plucky underdogs pull a performance out of the bag.

No idea on the result, could be a huge score, destroying our GD, or maybe a scrappy draw.

Let's put them to the sword and come away with 1-3 though.

Tammy, your chance to show what you've got against Premiership opposition.  You've been the shining light in a dark season.

On SKY, decent opposition, run bloody rings around them boy and get yourself a solid loan next season.  (Although if you'd like to stay for old times sake that'd be great)

I think we do actually have a fairly decent record away to BHA. I can remember winning up there a couple of times and didn`t we get robbed last season (Freeman nailed on pen not given and Baldock offside for their winner)?

6 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I think we do actually have a fairly decent record away to BHA. I can remember winning up there a couple of times and didn`t we get robbed last season (Freeman nailed on pen not given and Baldock offside for their winner)?

I know, but living here they are on a high as much as we were in our promotion season, the whole place is pumped up so I don't think those suggesting that they're already on the beach are right.  They want to do in the Championship what we did in L1.  

We better be up for it.

Archived