IGNORED

are people really boycotting because of LJ?!!

hoxton casual

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

People not renewing because of family or work commitments or even financial ones will get no grief from me. Fortunately I was never in that difficult position.

However, those not renewing because they don't rate the manager, the owner or the fact City have had a tough season get no sympathy from me. They are the fairweather "fans" and in my view not true City fans. 

Probably because your NHS wages and pension were paid by the very people you are having a go at.

20 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I'm being serious. You can't come on here questioning what constitutes being a true fan of the club when you've committed an act of treason like you've done. Wind yer neck in!

"Act of treason?"       :rofl2br:

I have got and had good mates ( sadly one of them is no longer around ) who are gasheads and you call that treason.......ffs.......:facepalm:

37 minutes ago, Trueredsupporte said:

Once directors came and went. Chairman could be ousted. there was some accountability. its not so long ago. you've been digging people out on the thread when you have not understood that it was all different with no probably to it. fans thinking city are less of a club now. hard to argue with that when its all about one man who is for many is making bad decisins and its hard to argue with fans who think the best they can do is stay away because going is only supporting something they disagree with.

That's fair enough and I do it realise it was different in the past. I just don't feel that is practical in today's game for the fans to have a say in the comings and goings of the club. I can't think of many that do in today's game and they seem to be disappearing altogether. The only way o am seeing it is that the football club used to be a community entity that was more involved with fans and now it's more a business. Unless you work for BCFC you don't get a say in it. Seems as if some are throwing their toys out of the pram because their voices matter less.

1 hour ago, john from high littleton said:

You sound like a spoilt brat mate. If you don't want to watch city anymore, why come on here and advertise it? Or are you just attention seeking? If your that fickle, then perhaps it's best for everyone. Anyway, please post back in a 6 months or so. Would be nice to know if you have stuck to yer guns, or if your just a load of hot air! 

I come on here to post my opinion.....just like you do......sorry if it don't match yours. Don't worry I will keep you updated on my progress, but if you knew me you would know I do what I say whatever the cost. Speak again soon.

4 hours ago, SARJ said:

All these 'die hard superfans' on here make me laugh :laugh:. Criticising people who've followed the club through thick and thin for years because they haven't renewed this season but would rather focus on other things like wife/kids/work/enjoying themselves.

This season has been dreadful and the handful of good games at the start and tail ends will not change that. Can you honestly blame people not renewing when next season promises to be more of the same? If you're going to miss a day out with your own family to watch us lose 2 nil to Barnsley then I think you're the one who wants to question your morals. 

But it's ok to miss a day out with your family if we guaranteed to win :facepalm:

1 hour ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

And what exactly has he done to 'your' club except invest astronomical amounts of his own money in improving the infrastructure including the stadium, training facilities and so on? He's made mistakes of course but all debt (his not yours) has been underwritten

I take it 'your' club was a huge success before SL took over and ruined it for you... sorry to hear that :blink:

liked it better as it was myself.... and the training facilities.......they aint working

oh and yes we went up into the top flight ooh about 41yrs ago so yeah we managed before and will when hes passed through.

3 hours ago, Cowshed said:

Lee Johnson has stated that Mr Lansdown is a friend.

I expect he is. Now. 

My point is Lansdown didn't appoint him because he was "a family friend", which is a term that implies a lot more familiarity than just "friend".

I'm friends with the guys I work with. I don't often see themselves outside work though and every year Mrs Robbo and I go on holiday with family friends. 

You see the difference in emphasis between the two terms.

I've been supporting city since 1987 but missed a couple of games this season because I really had enough of the dire football

I'm a season ticket holder and can't believe my seat was up for sale before the season has finished

I keep getting emails, a 'warning' one today

Customers not supporters

So annoyed 

Just now, Rossi the Robin said:

I've been supporting city since 1987 but missed a couple of games because I really had enough of the dire football

I'm a season ticket holder and can't believe my seat was up for sale before the season has finished

I keep getting emails, a 'warning' one today

Customers not supporters

So annoyed 

I've been a City fan for longer than you, and I have to say that the football I've watched this season has been far from the worst I've seen.  Even in relatively recent times such as the McInnes and O'Driscoll eras we were playing consistently worse football.  Our position is disappointing of course, and the results have been hard to stomach at times, but actually I've found the football on the pitch quite entertaining.  Perhaps I'm on my own in that!

1 minute ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I've been a City fan for longer than you, and I have to say that the football I've watched this season has been far from the worst I've seen.  Even in relatively recent times such as the McInnes and O'Driscoll eras we were playing consistently worse football.  Our position is disappointing of course, and the results have been hard to stomach at times, but actually I've found the football on the pitch quite entertaining.  Perhaps I'm on my own in that!

I wasn't on this forum during those times of mcinnes and Sod 

Was it much the same then? 

Just now, Rossi the Robin said:

I wasn't on this forum though during those times of mcinnes and Sod 

Was it much the same then? 

Nowhere near! This hostility towards LJ is as bad as I've seen.

McInnes is easily forgettable but SoD was dour in the extreme. The Jeremy Corbin of football. Great at interviews tho........:rofl2br:

Interesting thread which I keep coming back to. 

My view is that the club is work in progress even with the amounts of money spent this season.

Lansdown has chosen to stick with LJ regardless until the end of the season with the ultimate aim to stay in the championship  

At present it looks like we will keep that status and we have the clear potential to improve  I am happy with that given are history of the last 20 years or so. 

Time will tell. But to me the boycotters/stay aways are jumping the gun at best and cutting off their noses to spite their face at worst. 

Just now, Robbored said:

McInnes is easily forgettable but SoD was dour in the extreme. The Jeremy Corbin of football. Great at interviews tho........:rofl2br:

A lot of city fans hated LJ because he was being picked by his Dad every week

Even in our Championship playoff season when we were top, some of my mates and acquaintances city fans were calling for GJ to be sacked when we dropped to 4th - I couldn't believe it

GJ's record is pretty impressive in the champ looking back 

13 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I think the hatred for Pulis come the end was worse but didn`t go on for so long as he walked.

9 hours ago, Loon plage said:

A point of reference for you Hoxton - Bristol Rugby.

Lansdown's mate a certain Chris Booy is Chairman. He is a complete belter, proclaimed the squad was premiership ready last May when everyone knew that was total bollocks, gave a shite coach a 12 month extension when he limped out of the second tier at the third attempt,and makes stupid public statements that makes the club a national laughing stock. He will be chairman forever unless he walks under a bus because he is Lansdown's mate. No other reason, and not someone who would be tolerated in any other professional rugby club.

As for Hargreaves Lansdown, no idea who was the power behind their success and whether one was a passenger but I have heard they haven't exactly stood still since SL went abroad, but perhaps someone could confirm either way.

It was Robinson who said the promoted squad was good enough for the Premiership and it's his comments that mattered, not Booy's.

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

I expect he is. Now. 

My point is Lansdown didn't appoint him because he was "a family friend", which is a term that implies a lot more familiarity than just "friend".

I'm friends with the guys I work with. I don't often see themselves outside work though and every year Mrs Robbo and I go on holiday with family friends. 

You see the difference in emphasis between the two terms.

Lee Johnson said Mr Lansdown was a friend several years ago. Mr Lansdown offered Lee Johnson advice on a Managerial interview. They were not in work together at this point. And that friendship obviously helped Lee Johnson into his job at Ashton Gate, and to keep it.

Family friend.

48 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Lee Johnson said Mr Lansdown was a friend several years ago. Mr Lansdown offered Lee Johnson advice on a Managerial interview. They were not in work together at this point. And that friendship obviously helped Lee Johnson into his job at Ashton Gate, and to keep it.

Family friend.

You seem to have a different definition of what that term means than I do.

9 hours ago, Robbored said:

I suspect part of the reason for the strength of feeling against LJ is down to the amount we have spent on players. While the football under SOD was poor he hadn't been given £15m to spend. My feeling is we are underperforming given the spend and players we have in the squad. Previous managers have struggled but had poor players and journeyman to work with. In this case it is harder to blame anyone but the head coach.

19 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

I suspect part of the reason for the strength of feeling against LJ is down to the amount we have spent on players. While the football under SOD was poor he hadn't been given £15m to spend. My feeling is we are underperforming given the spend and players we have in the squad. Previous managers have struggled but had poor players and journeyman to work with. In this case it is harder to blame anyone but the head coach.

That's certainly a huge factor in LJs struggles this season. It's almost as if he had too many players to chose from.

its only the last three games where he's selected an unchanged team and his tinkering with the team previously was another factor in the negatively towards him. It looked to us fans that he didn't have much of a clue and that his inexperience in the SBC was being exposed.

But......ultimately it been the poor results. Pretty much any other manager would have been replaced but SL stood my his man - another factor in the hostility.

Archived