IGNORED

Whisky and Cola

Septic Peg

Never been an enthusiastic spirit drinker and onthe few times I tried whisky I just couldn't understand why people made such a fuss about it. I really didn't like the taste of it.

Now if I drink spirits it's Southern Comfort on the rocks or a traditional G&T.

In a Weatherspoons once they had no Southern Comfort so my buddy suggested a Jamiesons on the rocks instead. Now that was very palatable which was a surprise to me with it being a whisky.....

11 hours ago, BrizzleRed said:

Much appreciated kind sir!

As I think has already been said somewhere, the only thing you need to accompany a good dingle malt is another one.

As for adding coke, they should bring back hanging for that offence.

A Dingle Malt - surely that's an Irish whiskey?

my alcohol career is jam packed with big mistakes, but easily the worst was a night on the Gold Label Barley Wine (can you still get that stuff)? as a young 'un. Godknows what persuaded me (friends and an alcohol probably), but after a good few cans I opted to go to the funfair in my hometown of Bath for a few rides on the anti gravity machine. The following day, I had absolutely no memory of the journey back to my parents home, but when I woke up the following morning, I'd pewked all over the pillow, slept in it and the previous nights concoction was matted in my hair and congealed down the side of my face. My guts did flick flacks at the mere smell of Barley Wine for years after...and to be honest I think they still would.,,,nearly 40 years later.

Whisky and Cola? Not for me, but I wouldn't try to persuade anyone to have a Barley Wine sesh

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

Never been an enthusiastic spirit drinker and onthe few times I tried whisky I just couldn't understand why people made such a fuss about it. I really didn't like the taste of it.

Now if I drink spirits it's Southern Comfort on the rocks or a traditional G&T.

In a Weatherspoons once they had no Southern Comfort so my buddy suggested a Jamiesons on the rocks instead. Now that was very palatable which was a surprise to me with it being a whisky.....

Funnily enough I was in a Spoons once on a long session and my buddies suggested Buffalo Trace and coke and it was actually  pretty decent.  I guess the bourbon fans would probably be as disgusted as the whisky afficionados on that one though.

Archived