IGNORED

Asda in Bedminster - parking

SecretSam

3 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Just in case anyone didn't know...they do monitor how long you are parked, I got hit with a ticket 'cos I parked there for the Wolves game (arrived late and couldn't find anywhere else...all my old haunts keep disappearing!)

Don't pay it

18 minutes ago, harrys said:

Don't pay it

Don't contact them about the ticket its up to them to contact you and they can only fine the driver you don't have to say who was driving also they can not use dvla for your details they rely on you thinking you have to pay 

only tickets issued by Bristol city council you have to pay 

I think the private parking companies can now use the DVLA, but they can't legally enforce you to pay, I had a supermarket parking ticket and the normal procedure is to send several letters asking you to pay and the fine will increase with each letter, mine went from £30 to £270. the final letter will be from a solicitor and then that is it, I didn't pay but it can get a bit twitchy and it will drag on for several months.

3 hours ago, SecretSam said:

Just in case anyone didn't know...they do monitor how long you are parked, I got hit with a ticket 'cos I parked there for the Wolves game (arrived late and couldn't find anywhere else...all my old haunts keep disappearing!)

Genuinely not being funny but surely there are many places closer to the ground you could've parked?

This must be a record for the fan parked furthest away from AG :P

2 minutes ago, BS3_RED said:

But that's because she parked there every day and night and that's how it amounted up. The number of consecutive tickets she must have got would have been ridiculous. Eventually it became an amount worth suing for.

Parking in a private car park such as KFC etc runs the same risk but as it would be once a week or staggered, the fines wouldn't add up to as much. 

It's still a risk either way. 

5 hours ago, Chris_Brown said:

Be careful ignoring or not paying. I don't know the law on this but whenever parking questions like this come up people will tell you to ignore or not pay. That may or may not be the correct option for you but make sure you do your research first as you don't want to get stung like this lady did.

Agree.  Read Martin Lewis's Money Saving Expert website.  Some are enforceable, some aren't.  Don't just listen to the bloke down the pub, or Facebook 'advice'!

@SecretSam just wear your pyjamas and the cameras will automatically assume you're actually a legit customer and will NOT fine you. To enhance your credibility as a regular visitor you could also drag a dog around with you on a piece of frayed old rope and/or sit on the wall outside muttering incomprehensible nonsense to passers by. 

15 hours ago, Coombsy said:

Don't contact them about the ticket its up to them to contact you and they can only fine the driver you don't have to say who was driving also they can not use dvla for your details they rely on you thinking you have to pay 

only tickets issued by Bristol city council you have to pay 

12 hours ago, Coombsy said:

They are not allow to use the dvla base 

also they got to prove who parked the car as you may of lent it to a frend

The DVLA actually charge some of the parking operators for access to their database making money by selling your details - it's the only reason these computer/camera generated parking sites work and make companies large amounts of money. If the DVLA did not sell your details (or access to their database) the whole parking system would collapse because they could not send out the fines.

Just now, Fiale said:

The DVLA actually charge some of the parking operators for access to their database making money by selling your details - it's the only reason these computer/camera generated parking sites work and make companies large amounts of money. If the DVLA did not sell your details (or access to their database) the whole parking system would collapse because they could not send out the fines.

Correct, DVLA data is not confidential, the Government sell it to firms. I believe parking firms are only entitled to have your details if they are registered under the British Parking Association (BPA). If you receive a letter from any firm, and they make no identification they are under the BPA, then they have no right to have access to your details, in which case you may even have a court case in your favour. 

Right, to be clear: this wasn't an old fashioned ticket on the windscreen - this came in the post to my home address, with photos and everything.  They must have access to DVLA, how else could they do it?

As for parking: I literally panicked, couldn't find anywhere and am no longer living in Bristol so couldn't find a little side street 'cos I don't know them!  Any top tips (other than arrive earlier) gratefully received.

There is something similar around the office I work in that is wrongly used by people visiting a local gym, I was told that the rules have changed recenty, if the parking company put up the correct signage and it is clearly in view then they have the law on their side. If they are registered correctly then they can access the DVLA. A colleague here parked outisde of one of our bays and was ticketed, he chose not to pay and eventually was summonsed at his home address so they tracked him down somehow. So I would pay and find somewhere else to park in future.

6 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

@SecretSam just wear your pyjamas and the cameras will automatically assume you're actually a legit customer and will NOT fine you. To enhance your credibility as a regular visitor you could also drag a dog around with you on a piece of frayed old rope and/or sit on the wall outside muttering incomprehensible nonsense to passers by. 

What, are they all Gasheads round there, then???

the advice to ignore it used to be correct, but the law has changed and members of BPA can access the dvla database and the registered keeper is liable unless they disclose who was driving.

The full advice is on the pepipoo website, also a website called Honest John has good advice .....search under the advice tab for parking fines.

Ive had several "fines" from parking in Sainsburys.  Cant remember who issues the parking "fine" but I did have a letter at home from them after I refused to pay the first fine.  So I have no idea how they get your home address from your car registration but they certainly knew where I lived.  

I still continue to park there and I still continue to get fines.  I simply dont have the time nor effort to drive around that area of Bristol on a Saturday afternoon or Tuesday evening looking for somewhere to park.  I even contacted the company and asked for a season ticket to park in Sainsburys because Im certain that it would be cheaper for them in the long run.  The accused me of being sarcastic and told me not to park there again.  It cheaper than getting a taxi from where I live and I dont have time to mess around with buses either side of football.  

59 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Right, to be clear: this wasn't an old fashioned ticket on the windscreen - this came in the post to my home address, with photos and everything.  They must have access to DVLA, how else could they do it?

As for parking: I literally panicked, couldn't find anywhere and am no longer living in Bristol so couldn't find a little side street 'cos I don't know them!  Any top tips (other than arrive earlier) gratefully received.

If you go to every game @SecretSam you might want to think about renting out a driveway locally? Plenty of people do it and I know JUST the person who, as it happens, has a driveway that will be vacant next season as the current "tenant" has found alternative parking! You can turn up as early or as late to games as you want then! :whistle:

2 hours ago, SecretSam said:

Over behind the old Brooke Bond warehouse, now called Spike Island, on street parking there round by the marina on match days and evenings. Put Sydney Row in the sat nav, 10 minute walk along the river.

Archived