IGNORED

Trains on Sunday (Merged)

class not gas

35 minutes ago, class not gas said:

Is it possible to get from Lawrence Hill train station to Parsons St on Sunday morning,was thinking of getting to the ground about 9.30-10.00 for a pre match breakfast.

There is an 08.57 from Lawrence hill to parson street (1 change) gets to PSN at 09.30

--------------------------------------

scrap the above, that's for Saturday 6th. sorry dis input 7th

3 minutes ago, Vespa Red said:

I think the line between Parkway and Temple Meads is shut Sunday.  We're getting the train from Severn Tunnel Junction but have to get a train to Parkway and then a bus to Temple Meads.  Engineering works?

Maybe the council had a say in it :fear: 

Big home game - let's sanction a 10k run and engineering works to top it off. 

Some last minute roadworks should top it off nicely. Plus a bridge swing if they can get that sorted too. 

5 minutes ago, kivsy said:

Usually park at bedminster cricket club , but with a big crowd and away fans being sent down the way , does anyone know if I can get a train from nailsea to parson st ? 

Yes you can. Four trains I believe. Get the early train as the will be packed with brum fans staying in Weston sat night. 

Keynsham Oldfield Bath Chippenham Swindon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bradford on Avon Trowbridge Westbury

Newport!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Severn Tunnel junction

Patchway

Bristol Parkway

Please try and still use the train to the game,I know that their are no trains planned to stop at Parson street but things could change

Just make sure you buy your  train ticket all the way through to Parson Street

Should be the highest attendance this season season since 22,512 at the Newcastle game

2 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

Severn Tunnel junction

Patchway

Bristol Parkway

Please try and still use the train to the game,I know that their are no trains planned to stop at Parson street but things could change

Should be the highest attendance this season season since 22,512 at the Newcastle game

more at Blackburn john?

4 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

Severn Tunnel junction

Patchway

Bristol Parkway

@Never to the dark sideI would love to use the train to the game but its impossible to get there before KO from Lydney and also if I drive to STJ and go from there as soon as I come out the tunnel I am then loaded into a bus at Parkway to TM. Bit of a joke this whole transport issue for this game is turning out to be , looks like I wont bother to go now and be another game I wont be able to make.

2 hours ago, class not gas said:

Living in St George our nearest station is Lawrence Hill, can we get a train from there to Parsons St on Sunday?

You should be able to but the trains are no longer a service,  they're a business and an appalling managed one at that. The earliest train on Sunday is at 15.02 according to my train app.... 

15 hours ago, Vespa Red said:

I think the line between Parkway and Temple Meads is shut Sunday.  We're getting the train from Severn Tunnel Junction but have to get a train to Parkway and then a bus to Temple Meads.  Engineering works?

Via Didcot parkway..

This travel situation just gets worse!

Figured I wouldn't drive due to the road closures and parking problems. I'd planned on getting the Doris to drop me off at Yate station and get the train to Temple Meads. I now discover the first train is at 10:45am and I have to get the bus from Parkway, not arriving at TM until 11:35am. Great! Won't make the 12 kick off there then  

Gonna have to come up with an alternative plan now. 

What a monumental balls-up all round. Potentially the biggest crowd in a generation and no bugger can actually get there. 

Absolute shambles. 

@JulieH have you managed to wake the Mayor up yet or is he too busy planning the next Lesbian, Gay and Transexual March to worry about a mere 25,000 football supporters?

Think you were saying that the City Council were going to open Ashton Court for parking. Is the car parking accessed via the Bower Ashton or Long Ashton entrance? 

If you do catch him, can you give him the dates of the start/finish of next year's season so he doesn't make the same monumental balls up. Cheers.

10 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

@JulieH have you managed to wake the Mayor up yet or is he too busy planning the next Lesbian, Gay and Transexual March to worry about a mere 25,000 football supporters?

Think you were saying that the City Council were going to open Ashton Court for parking. Is the car parking accessed via the Bower Ashton or Long Ashton entrance? 

If you do catch him, can you give him the dates of the start/finish of next year's season so he doesn't make the same monumental balls up. Cheers.

Did the Mayor make the balls up?

There's a couple of extra trains being put on from WSM to PSN:

WSM 0908 /1052

W-milton 0911 / - 

Worle 0915 / 1058

Yatton 0921 / 1104

N&B 0926 / 1110

PSN 0934 / 1118

An extra one going back at1510 too

4 hours ago, archie andrews said:

don't matter if it the mayor or the tea lady.....someone needs hanging out to dry for this absolute joke of a decision..... 

It does matter if it's the Mayor as he is elected by us. The tea lady is not. I'd like Moor2Sea to confirm the Mayor is the culprit or withdraw the comment and not just willynilly blame the Mayor, 'cuz it's an easy thing to do.

58 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

It does matter if it's the Mayor as he is elected by us. The tea lady is not. I'd like Moor2Sea to confirm the Mayor is the culprit or withdraw the comment and not just willynilly blame the Mayor, 'cuz it's an easy thing to do.

Good morning Marvin 

Archived