IGNORED

Oh, I do like to be beside the seaside...

LondonBristolian

...but Brighton have gone up, Bournemouth are up, Blackpool are two divisions below us and Southend have not been in the same division as us much in recent years. Do we get any seaside trips at all next season? Or even coastal ones come to that? Unless Fleetwood come up - and I'm not sure they have a beach - I don't think we do next season do we?

Possibly Hull (Yorkshire coast) and/or Swansea (Mumbles). Cardiff & Preston both have coastal docks as does Middlesbrough if they come down. Sunderland is on the coast.

For genuine beaches; Ipswich only 12 miles from Felixstowe and Norwich is 30mins from Gt Yarmouth.

WsM is only 20 miles away from Bristol so if Preston is called in the same vain. :P

But I agree, who wants to go there?

Fleetwood if they win their play-offs,  always has the benefit of the tram for Blackpool beach, I used it in January when I was staying in Blackpool for a week for the home cup tie vs them.

48 minutes ago, HomerRed said:

Great beach at Sunderland. Total surprise to me on my first visit there. Bit parky though unless we get August trip.

Roker Beach is great on a nice day, been a few times with kids.... got to hope for an august/sept/april/may fixture otherwise can be a bit cold (I lived up here in Darlington for 17 years and am still acclimatizing;))  

1 hour ago, 22A said:

Possibly Hull (Yorkshire coast) and/or Swansea (Mumbles). Cardiff & Preston both have coastal docks as does Middlesbrough if they come down. Sunderland is on the coast.

For genuine beaches; Ipswich only 12 miles from Felixstowe and Norwich is 30mins from Gt Yarmouth.

There's a proper beach in Cardiff these days, now they've built a lagoon for Cardiff Bay. There's nice!

Archived