IGNORED

Fielding a weakened side

Major Isewater

3 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

That's not what the rules say. 

But what does this even mean exactly? Every team must be in breach of these rules then, obligated to play your best side right? Then barring injury, you'd see the same 11 players starting every game of the season, no other player would get a look in would they. Why is 2/3 changes allowed and not 10? Because by that logic, even changing 1 player is in breach because that said player playing is not your "best" player in whatever position you changed.

I think its a stupid rule and how can it really be enforced? I see it all the time, oooh tough game next week, but facing a lower team today, I think I'll rest my best striker and one of my best midfielders and 2 of my defenders for next week, I'll give some other players a chance at top team footy/game experience. You see it all the time from every team in the footy league, and if the rules say I must play my best team, I'm breaching them rules by doing that aren't I.

In my opinion, a squad is there to be utilised, USE them, tbh I don't really care if it hurts other teams, or that its not "sportsman like" This is a competition that lasts 46 games, if you cannot get enough points to be safe within those 46 games, then that's the problem/fault of that manager and his tactics/use of players and also the players decisions whilst on the field, not the result of one team giving their lesser players some game time/experience.

If Huddersfield have earned enough points over the season to be able to afford to field a "weakened" side, then that's up to them - or at least it should be. As long as they are fielding a team of 11 first team players I don't see the issue.

Equally, if another club has the potential to be relegated because someone else fields a weakened team, then that's their fault for failing to accrue enough points over the course of the season and not doing enough to protect themselves from events outside of their control.

It's a squad game, and I believe clubs should be able to use that squad however it suits them best to do so. 

To be fair their first team haven't been all that great recently. We put 4 past them, Burton beat them as well as Forest. I think it's one of those things that if it affects you, you're annoyed with it I.e Forest & Blackburn fans, if it doesn't then you don't care. Let's just do our part tomorrow by beating Brum. 

I think Huddersfield were entitled to play what ever side they wanted.  However with us being home to a sell out crowd on Sun I expect us to field the strongest 11 we can with the possibility of some cameos from the bench if the game allows. 

Would City fans would feel differently about Huddersfield's team selection against Birmingham if our results had gone differently and relegation was between us a Brum and us needing a win tomorrow to stay up?

29 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Would City fans would feel differently about Huddersfield's team selection against Birmingham if our results had gone differently and relegation was between us a Brum and us needing a win tomorrow to stay up?

Well I think it all depends on the character of the coach, whoever that might be. It is acceptable to perhaps make 4, 5 or even six changes, but 10? 

Archived