IGNORED

Lee Mason

GrahamC

Don't forget that he booked their full back for an embarrassing dive and their striker for a deliberate handball, and this was in a game he was trying to help them win. Absolutely beyond belief. Brilliant when their player handled it right in front of the Dolman, in addition to being offside. Linesman looks over to the referee thinking, he's got this one, no need for me to flag. Mason gives THEM a free kick. He must be getting one hell of a treat from Harry Redknapp's dog.

1 hour ago, Olé said:

Odd coincidence, but was the worst referee I've seen in my lifetime apart from Mike Dean in 1998 against Birmingham City too (Akinbiyi disallowed goal, Ndlovu half pike awarded etc etc). I was a teenager then and felt a little bit childish for suggesting he'd been paid. Today I'm totally comfortable saying I've seen it all and yet would happily defend myself in a court of law in saying that Lee Mason was paid for today. Never seen anything like it. It was an absolutely ridiculous display, how many times was the linesman either correcting him, or shrugging his shoulders embarrassed that the ref had only one plan anyway. 

The phrase "parachute ref" was made to describe him. Lee Mason is an absolute fraud.

Trevor Kettle, Rob?

He's got to be up there.

7 hours ago, Olé said:

Odd coincidence, but was the worst referee I've seen in my lifetime apart from Mike Dean in 1998 against Birmingham City too (Akinbiyi disallowed goal, Ndlovu half pike awarded etc etc). I was a teenager then and felt a little bit childish for suggesting he'd been paid.

Was the Peter Ndlovu penalty a sliding tackle that clearly won the ball, late on in front of the Atyeo? I reckon they won 0-1?

clearly some trauma I have in my head that I'd never have remembered without prompting. 

2 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Was the Peter Ndlovu penalty a sliding tackle that clearly won the ball, late on in front of the Atyeo? I reckon they won 0-1?

clearly some trauma I have in my head that I'd never have remembered without prompting. 

1999, 1-2, not the official day we got relegated but the day, the moment where the belief drained.

That was one of the reasons I hoped we sent Birmingham down Sunday. Wasn't to be though.

Very Illuminating comment from Dermot Gallagher on Sky Sports News 'Ref Watch' feature this morning, saying that a ref booking a goalkeeper for time wasting in the 92nd minute means the keeper has won as regards said  time wasting. Ring any bells?!!!

30 minutes ago, Andy Horsman said:

Very Illuminating comment from Dermot Gallagher on Sky Sports News 'Ref Watch' feature this morning, saying that a ref booking a goalkeeper for time wasting in the 92nd minute means the keeper has won as regards said  time wasting. Ring any bells?!!!

How many people yesterday said, or the person next to them said to them

"I bet he books the goalie in the 90th minute".

A Premier League ref, who knew what he needed to do to avoid controversy. Poor

1 minute ago, Dave said:

How many people yesterday said, or the person next to them said to them

"I bet he books the goalie in the 90th minute".

A Premier League ref, who knew what he needed to do to avoid controversy. Poor

Always happens , shows weak refereeing , the goalkeepers always win , how long did the jerk hang onto the ball for as well when one of our lads stood close to him at 1 point , Mason should hang his head in shame if he watches the game again .

Took my young daughter to the game yesterday and half way through the second half asked her if she was enjoying it.

Replied "No Dad there's only been 5 minutes of play in the last 20 minutes. Their goalie wont let go of the ball".

Summed it up perfectly.

Couldn't have put it any better myself.

Absolutely wins the award for worst referee of the season (which is quite an achievement considering the disgraceful display by the referee we had at home to Barnsley a few games ago).

Best ref we had all year was the one at home to Huddersfield. Not because we won 4-0 but he let the game flow better than any ref I've seen down the gate, excluding obvious fouls.

If I was refereeing a game like this, I would sooner hack off the team on the beach than the team with everything to lose. Just like Lee Mason did yesterday. Anything for a quiet(er) life.

37 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Unfortunately six substitutions seemingly made a couple of mins apart completely disrupted 15-20 mins of game flow too

And that goal kick that took about 5 minutes because of timewasting by their 'keeper and the Brum sub that didnt happen, followed by more timewasting by the GK and the same sub 'happening' and being called off at the last second.

Just had a look at the efl select group 1 and 2 for referees. Found it strange no refs come from the west country in fact the nearest was Wiltshire . Perhaps that's why we get the shit ones time after time. There all pissed at having to come to the west.

Very noticeable in the second half when we started to build up a head of steam and were on top, he started giving very dodgy fouls against us to stop our momentum.

think arry definitely had to give away some of his 35 nurses pay for this one.

Archived