IGNORED

Inept

CTRed

Another terrible performance, much like the first half vs Barnsley.

A shame, considering so many fans there today, especially youngsters, who would have seen zero to entice them back.

A boring, woefully inept showing.

I for one, won't be sorry to see any player leave.

Enjoy the summer!

Today was dog shite but what did we all realistically expect? We had nothing to play for as such and the vast majority of the squad looked as though their minds were on their holidays anyway. 

I just get utterly frustrated at how little we test the opposition goalkeeper. Like ffs professional footballers should be able to strike the ball between the posts and under the bar!

5 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

Today was dog shite but what did we all realistically expect? We had nothing to play for as such and the vast majority of the squad looked as though their minds were on their holidays anyway. 

I just get utterly frustrated at how little we test the opposition goalkeeper. Like ffs professional footballers should be able to strike the ball between the posts and under the bar!

As a professional footballer you would think Giefer might be able to keep the ball on the pitch

Possibly the worst distribution from a keeper I've ever seen 

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

As a professional footballer you would think Giefer might be able to keep the ball on the pitch

Terrible player. Bizarre decision to play a loan player who clearly won't be here next season as he's not good enough, ahead of Max O'Leary...was also a perfect opportunity to bring McCoulsky on.

Just now, cidered abroad said:

Giefer messed up three kicks but made some superb stops to keep it at 0-1. Not the cause of our defeat today. Look at the ten in front of him! 

Not sure about 'superb stops' description personally ,though those in SS may be able to comment better , and I agree about the ten in front of him !!!

What did you expect? For City it was a dead rubber with several of our team "on the beach".

Brum on the other hand were very up for it - they had to be and battered us for the first 20mins and eventually won the game. 

They did what any team would have done in their precarious position. After going 1-0 up they slowed the game down with exaggerated time wasting at every opportunity. Very irritating to watch but completely understandable.

Just now, Kingswood Robin said:

What did I expect?

I expected Steve Lansdown to impress upon everyone at the club the importance of putting on a show today in front of the biggest crowd for decades. A real chance to impress. If I was him I'd be pretty angry this afternoon. 

Well said

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

What did you expect? For City it was a dead rubber with several of our team "on the beach".

Maybe right and that's why we were lucky to catch Brighton when we did last week. 

1 minute ago, Kingswood Robin said:

What did I expect?

I expected Steve Lansdown to impress upon everyone at the club the importance of putting on a show today in front of the biggest crowd for decades. A real chance to impress. If I was him I'd be pretty angry this afternoon. 

It was complete shite. These are meant to be professional sportsmen, with a competitive streak. When I was a competitive, amateur, athlete I gave absolutely everything every time I competed. This lot only seem to do so when their wage packet is under threat. Our main criteria for summer signings should be those who actual care/put the effort in every time they play.

Frankly, the majority of our current squad are pathetic.

Just now, NickJ said:

Maybe right and that's why we were lucky to catch Brighton when we did last week. 

I wouldn't call the Brighton win "lucky".  They seriously underestimated us. They thought that all they had to do was turn up and enjoy winning the SBC.

Had City not won that game then we'd have seen a much better performance today.

2 minutes ago, Kingswood Robin said:

What did I expect?

He's not though (angry) - driving home I heard 20man say Steve Lansdown is walking around with a big smile on his face. Sums it up, end of season, dead rubber call it what you like but just when we seem to be improving we get that. LJ can't motivate the side, we're too nice from SL down. A bad season and the owner is happy enough and rewards failure with a new contract.

We're not going anywhere next season - more struggle with these attitudes

So we were on the beach today in Bristol and Brighton weren't on the beach at Brighton last week?

If Brighton had needed to win last week they would have and the only question would have been by how many and whether it meant there was a realistic possibility of us being relegated today. 

This time next season we will be within 3 or 4 places of where we are today having spent another £10m.

Sorry RR but my opinion of LJ being a poor manager is much closer to the mark of your infamous GJ Conference manager. 

We looked a dreadful , poor side today , not even just disinterested , no ideas , no urgency , some shocking techniques on show , extremely poor 

Without some successful buisness in transfer market in Summer we may have real problems 

Accept it was a final game but not sure ,based on that showing there's a single player out there today that I'd like to see as a regular next year !!

Lets hope it was just a poor show in more ways than one - We certainly lack characters and lack even a single leader on the pitch - would be something I'd be addressing in the summer

We need a On pitch leader

Just now, Cider_boy said:

It was complete shite. These are meant to be professional sportsmen, with a competitive streak. When I was a competitive, amateur, athlete I gave absolutely everything every time I competed. This lot only seem to do so when their wage packet is under threat. Our main criteria for summer signings should be those who actual care/put the effort in every time they play.

Frankly, the majority of our current squad are pathetic.

You'll be lucky to construct a squad at City of such virtue.

Average footballers on that money, who dug in just when they needed to and achieved their mission, in the end, in keeping us up.

I'm a tad concerned loyal football supporters haven't twigged on yet that footballers are largely mercenaries, esp remembering our last relegation team.  

It's highly superficial - enjoy the glory when we win - go home to the lovely home and gorgeous wife when we lose.  

I loved some of our icons in the past - Tin Man, Murray - Colin Cramb.  I liked Louis Carey and Bradley Orr - lads who gave a shit!    

Football's been commercially whored and is cynical now but even in the good old days City teams failed to turn up at times.  

I don't understand why this isn't already understood.  I find the idolism of 'the players' cringe, and have done for about a decade. We are all guilty for buying into it.  

These are not local lads made good, they are career athletes.  

Football is in a bad state, as is wider society.

46 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

As good as Frankie's .

I don't think we should lay into Giefer too much tonight because he hasn't been in the team recently and secondly it's probably his last performance in a City shirt.

Archived