IGNORED

Champagne Moment

Redland

Signing our rival's best player for pennies, who would be pivotal in guiding us to safety whilst costing them a play-off place. Add in all the uproar it brought about, even bitter tweets from their 'billionaire owner'. It would have been one of my favourite moments in any season... Although I did vote for Flinty's goal vs Huddersfield.

How's Darrell getting on in finding his new 20 goal a season striker that apparently are always prevalent in his teams? Despite Matty being the only player to actually provide any support for this statement. Maybe it was him not you Mr. Clarke. :laugh:

35 minutes ago, Redland said:

At the post match presentations the signing of Matty Taylor was announced as our champagne moment.  This sums up the season.  

Sadly glancing over our shoulders at the blue side of Bristol and taking the mick seems to be the limit of many of our fans ambition.

Tragic really.

Too late for the vote but my highlight was the win at Brighton which secured our safety was my champagne moment.

That Taylor signing for us won the vote is almost as embarrassing as Lee Mason's attempt to be impartial today.

Wilbrahams goal at Newcastle up there for me. Completely unexpected and so fun. 

After that, maybe Tomlin FK against Villa? Freeman goal vs Ipswich? Not too much really. It goes to show how average our play was this season that I still think about the Hull game and how good Taylor Moore looked. I don't know what I voted for in the end but it just means it's a season to forget. 

Are you serious? None of the options were any good, but seriously? It's cringe. For me it should have been the goal at Blackburn away, team goal, classy finish, probably the highlight of what we've been trying to achieve this year. 

1 hour ago, JHAGa said:

Signing our rival's best player for pennies, who would be pivotal in guiding us to safety whilst costing them a play-off place. Add in all the uproar it brought about, even bitter tweets from their 'billionaire owner'. It would have been one of my favourite moments in any season... Although I did vote for Flinty's goal vs Huddersfield.

How's Darrell getting on in finding his new 20 goal a season striker that apparently are always prevalent in his teams? Despite Matty being the only player to actually provide any support for this statement. Maybe it was him not you Mr. Clarke. :laugh:

"Pivotal" is far too strong. He's made a good contribution, but nothing more.

Personally I wouldn't say signing a half-decent lower leagues striker for £300k who went on to score just two goals is anywhere near a "champagne" moment, regardless of where he came from.

Just now, ChippenhamRed said:

"Pivotal" is far too strong. He's made a good contribution, but nothing more.

Personally I wouldn't say signing a half-decent lower leagues striker for £300k who went on to score just two goals is anywhere near a "champagne" moment, regardless of where he came from.

I think he played a pivotal part, a mainstay in our team during the great run we went on. Gave Tammy more freedom, harassed our opponents with his work-rate and got a lot of very important assists. Didn't score many but neither did Jon Stead when here but I appreciated the role he played.

Flinty's goal vs Huddersfield was the champagne moment for me but the Taylor signing was hilarious, benefited us and weakened our rivals. A very memorable moment for me.

It was decided at the awards by the loudest cheer....there were a number of nominations...Matty Taylor's signing got the biggest cheer. It was all very tongue in cheek. It wasn't my champagne moment, but it was funny at the time...you probably had to be there.

1 minute ago, JHAGa said:

I think he played a pivotal part, a mainstay in our team during the great run we went on. Gave Tammy more freedom, harassed our opponents with his work-rate and got a lot of very important assists. Didn't score many but neither did Jon Stead when here but I appreciated the role he played.

Flinty's goal vs Huddersfield was the champagne moment for me but the Taylor signing was hilarious, benefited us and weakened our rivals. A very memorable moment for me.

Questionable......

1 minute ago, JHAGa said:

I just think we should be aspiring to something a little higher than celebrating signing a fairly ordinary striker from a lower league club as a "champagne" moment. It's cheap.

3 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

Well they went from grinding out narrow wins to drawing a lot, with no goalscorer. I think they'd have finished in the play-offs had he stayed.

They aren't our rivals in that or any other respect. For half a million they can have him back, now that would be properly hilarious.

The champagne moment for me was winning at Brighton followed by Wilb's goal and performance at Newcastle.

Considering the season we've had, to take four points off of the top two sides in the league is no mean feat and fills me with a lot of optimism for next season.

Archived