IGNORED

Champagne Moment

Redland

11 hours ago, JHAGa said:

Signing our rival's best player for pennies, who would be pivotal in guiding us to safety whilst costing them a play-off place. Add in all the uproar it brought about, even bitter tweets from their 'billionaire owner'. It would have been one of my favourite moments in any season... Although I did vote for Flinty's goal vs Huddersfield.

No way pivotal, might have been if able to "sock the pill into the onion bag"..missed a lot. Not fast, poor first touch, lacking anticipation, but helped keep a shape and got in the way of the opposition. More last night's brown ale with a dog end in it than champagne.

Champagne moments:

Signing Tammy, Huddersfield at home, the opening of the Lansdown stand, the Fanz Zone and, mmmmm.....no that's it!

1 hour ago, Jacki said:

I couldn't believe we even put it on the shortlist. It was hilarious at the time but surely awards like that should be reserved for things that actually happen on the pitch? 

It got the most number of votes, so had to be put on there. Same as a large majority of people who don't do twitter, are unlikely to have known who David Managh was, but he still won Supporter of the Year. 

The win against Brighton for me. No one gave us a hope of getting a result there and it was the game that confirmed our survival on a day when a big defeat could've dragged us back in to trouble.

Taylors transfer was certainly the funniest moment of the season for me, he's been a decent signing and we've looked better with him alongside Tammy. The fact that the Gas were, and still are, crying and bitching about losing their best striker to us for peanuts was a bonus. 

Funny, yes.

'Champagne', no.

I wasn't at this awards thing, how exactly was our 'champagne moment' decided?

1 minute ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

The win against Brighton for me. No one gave us a hope of getting a result there and it was the game that confirmed our survival on a day when a big defeat could've dragged us back in to trouble.

Taylors transfer was certainly the funniest moment of the season for me, he's been a decent signing and we've looked better with him alongside Tammy. The fact that the Gas were, and still are, crying and bitching about losing their best striker to us for peanuts was a bonus. 

Funny, yes.

'Champagne', no.

I wasn't at this awards thing, how exactly was our 'champagne moment' decided?

Online nominations process before the Brighton game.

The final winner chosen by the board on-stage yesterday on the basis of a loudest cheer from the crowd.

Just now, View from the Dolman said:

That was how I saw it.

Was it the best moment of the season? Probably not.

Was it and the ensuing meltdown elsewhere entertaining? Absolutely.

Agree.

Still, if you're going to ask a large group of City fans (many beered up) to judge a competition by cheering, it's hardly a surprise that the one that gets the loudest cheer is the one that caused our gobby neighbours to collectively shit their pants in rage. I bet the name Dean Windass gets a cheer when you shout it amongst a group of Sagheads.

I thought that judging by some of the responses on here that it had been decided by Lansdown and the board.

22 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Some of our fan base or just football fans in general?

Not sure PO

Cant judge other clubs but I think we worry about being better than the Sags than we do about our own failings , to some degree I've been as guilty for getting hung up where we are in comparison to the Sags

My Champagne Moment was when the happy clappers jumped back in to the clappy camp when we won a few matches to stave off relegation almost forgetting the fact that £11 million was literally spunked, we had the worst run of defeats in the clubs history, instead choosing to believe that LJ was actually the man to take us forward all along when all he did was switch to 4-4-2 after bolloxing most of the season up by going with 1 up front (the exact same mistake and remedy that he produced at Barnsley).

No Tammy next year mind! 1 transfer window left of his 3......tick tock 

4 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Not sure PO

Cant judge other clubs but I think we worry about being better than the Sags than we do about our own failings , to some degree I've been as guilty for getting hung up where we are in comparison to the Sags

I think most of us want our club to be as high up the League as possible. Being above the Sags is a bonus and something to throw back in their faces when they get lippy, as they would do to us if the tables were turned.

As for laughing at your rivals misfortunes along with a desire to 'get one over' on them at every opportunity, thats 'definitely a 'football fans in general' thing.

38 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I think most of us want our club to be as high up the League as possible. Being above the Sags is a bonus and something to throw back in their faces when they get lippy, as they would do to us if the tables were turned.

As for laughing at your rivals misfortunes along with a desire to 'get one over' on them at every opportunity, thats 'definitely a 'football fans in general' thing.

The whole thing is not just embarrassing but simply Disgraceful

Such childish behaviour and certainly not funny

I despair of modern football, from owners to fans

Hope I live long enough to see change.

15 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

The whole thing is not just embarrassing but simply Disgraceful

Such childish behaviour and certainly not funny

I despair of modern football, from owners to fans

Hope I live long enough to see change.

Which bit?

Wanting to see City as high up the league as possible or football fans taking the piss out of each other?

13 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

It got the most number of votes, so had to be put on there. Same as a large majority of people who don't do twitter, are unlikely to have known who David Managh was, but he still won Supporter of the Year. 

Brownhill's Ears!

Archived