IGNORED

open day

cityred exile

Seems  a good few years since the doors were open ,   Always used to be the  Sunday before  the opening match ,    With the major developments over past 2/3 years it is understandable      I Have seen local clubs having a guided tours around 2 hours prior to kick off on match days , which I find very odd thing to have  what with all going on around them ! 

41 minutes ago, harrys said:

Sounds a great idea, it allow plebs like me to see what it's like in the upper Lansdown and the Heineken bar

A couple of weeks ago I was lucky enough to be given a tour. 

Very impressive but as I was stood in a box and i was thinking is this really worth the huge amounts that people pay?

Don't get me wrong it's very smart looking but just a bit too bland and corporate for my liking.

The boxes are mainly black in colour with office type chairs around a table and quite a small TV. 

If I had a box I'd like it to be a slight bit less formal and more comfortable and more colourful. 

The view tho, wow, hugely impressive and apart from the Atyeo the stadium looks magnificent from up there.

• Admin
3 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Don't get me wrong it's very smart looking but just a bit too bland and corporate for my liking.

The boxes are mainly black in colour with office type chairs around a table and quite a small TV. 

box.jpg

10 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

They charge for tours don't they? £27 maybe. So I'd be surprised if they did an open day, and if they did it would be restricted to some extent.

Honestly   does not do much for the P R  does it ?    I can understand a nominal  charge of say  a fiver say , to cover a few  staff members on the day of the chosen day ,  I find it quite staggering to think  how the club has and keep winning awards  for best family community club of the year !  BUT THEN OF COURSE  ITS OVER TO    BS nowadays !

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

There is a plan in the pipeline to have an open day before next season starts. There hasn't been one for the last 2 seasons because of the redevelopment. 

Only 2 seasons? Seems longer unless I missed a few.

Any idea who the manager was last time we had an open day? :dunno:

The last open day I went to, I noticed one of our players leaning against a wall looking pretty bored.

He was recovering from a knee op. and I felt a bit sorry for him, so thought I'd have a little chat with him and that might cheer him up a bit, as no one else was talking to him.

So, as I walked past him, I stopped and said "Hello (name), how's your knee getting on?"

He glared at me and barked "Sallright!!!"

He then stared so menacingly at me that I thought he was going to beat the crap out of me!

I mumbled something like, Oh that's good then, and made a hasty retreat.

What made it worse was I had my young son with me, and he liked this player.  Bit sad really.

Haven't been to an open day since.

ps  Not Shaun Taylor, he's a gent!

Just now, Septic Peg said:

Last open day I went to, my little man was about 2 and we met Gerks and LJ.

I know I've said this before but when LJ spoke to my lad, he burst into tears! Still have a signed ball somewhere from that day!

Oh, poor Lee.

Did you give him a cuddle to make it better?

Just now, 42nite said:

Oh, poor Lee.

Did you give him a cuddle to make it better?

Nope. My hubby and me giggled at Lee whilst trying to calm our son who was bawling his head off. 

You'd have thought it would be the giant Gerks that would upset him but no, it was Lee. 

Now when I mention it, my lad laughs and shouts Johnson Out!

14 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Only 2 seasons? Seems longer unless I missed a few.

Any idea who the manager was last time we had an open day? :dunno:

The last open day was on a Sunday morning ,  The players were in 3s  behind a table   when you joined a queue to get autographs and photos , in the hirerite hanger , this lasted around 45 mins before the players and other staff made there way home ,             For the record, the Manager  at the time was Steve Copout ! Among the players was the Marquee new signing of David James !  oh And Damion Stewart and a certain Neil Kilkenny !

31 minutes ago, cityred exile said:

The last open day was on a Sunday morning ,  The players were in 3s  behind a table   when you joined a queue to get autographs and photos , in the hirerite hanger , this lasted around 45 mins before the players and other staff made there way home ,             For the record, the Manager  at the time was Steve Copout ! Among the players was the Marquee new signing of David James !  oh And Damion Stewart and a certain Neil Kilkenny !

Sorry, can't be right cityred exile. The photo below with Keith Millen was taken at the open day when he was manager, so the pre season after Coppell, i.e. 2011. 

I remember one with Colin Sexstone and the safe standing demonstration, and - maybe the same year - the fans + squad photo in the Atyeo, the fans in the yellow away shirts. No idea if that was since KM.

That means Millen, in July 2011, was in charge at the last City open day - unless anyone's got an advance on that? :dunno:

I posted this a couple of months ago in the stadium section , seems we have no link between fans and club , who could have at least replied !    Great idea   , tours of each new stand , open club shop, sell Season tickets , promote the club and trust ,  hopefully well thought out organised affair , here's hoping ! 

3 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Sorry, can't be right cityred exile. The photo below with Keith Millen was taken at the open day when he was manager, so the pre season after Coppell, i.e. 2011. 

I remember one with Colin Sexstone and the safe standing demonstration, and - maybe the same year - the fans + squad photo in the Atyeo, the fans in the yellow away shirts. No idea if that was since KM.

That means Millen, in July 2011, was in charge at the last City open day - unless anyone's got an advance on that? :dunno:

You are I believe correct with all you say , I remember all the events you mention, and indeed I recall having a word or two with Keith Millen  ,,  :yes:    I also recall  the previous year , which was on a Saturday afternoon  when  Steve Copout   brushed past me on his way out after a quick QaA Under the Dolman

4 minutes ago, kivsy said:

I posted this a couple of months ago in the stadium section , seems we have no link between fans and club , who could have at least replied !    Great idea   , tours of each new stand , open club shop, sell Season tickets , promote the club and trust ,  hopefully well thought out organised affair , here's hoping ! 

Reckon you and me very much on the same wavelength ;)

7 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

@AdamB @Mkelly

Any news on an open day/stadium tour? I'd quite fancy a butchers at the home/away dressing rooms, press area etc.

Speaking of which, any news Mr B on Scotty's Tour of the Gate mk2? Still waiting patiently! ;)

Just a heads up, Adam is now on holiday for a few weeks. Mark is still around though as far as I'm aware :) 

1 hour ago, cityred exile said:

You are I believe correct with all you say , I remember all the events you mention, and indeed I recall having a word or two with Keith Millen  ,,  :yes:    I also recall  the previous year , which was on a Saturday afternoon  when  Steve Copout   brushed past me on his way out after a quick QaA Under the Dolman

Just found the photos on my phone confirming  in july  2011   inc   snaps of  A Young JB BR   LJ  SKUUUUSE  LOUIS BRETT PITMAN   RYAN TAYLOR  M WOOLFORD  KILKENNY JAMMIE MAC   CLARKSON JCR D STEWART   MARV   NICKY HUNT  JAMO  JAMES WILSON  NAYATANGA  DEANO GERKIN JOE EDWARDS NICKY MAYNARD  FONTS  PLUS  3 MORE I CANT PLACE      

Archived