IGNORED

FGR BIG Day.........really?

slartibartfast

Just now, slartibartfast said:

Just been on their official site, wanted to get a feeling for the big day and what sort of support they were taking.  You wouldn't have known they had a game on, let alone a trip to Wembley to possibly define their future !

Could be that all the staff have gone to the match..............:dunno:.

Just now, Between heaven and hell said:

Your miles out mate.

15k Tranmere, 4k Forest Green

Expected gate of 20k because of neutral tickets bought in advance.

Pure speculation from me, I genuinely thought they would take a few more than that... daytrippers, Ecotricity workers and so on.

Such a poor turnout, noone in this area (I'm from around the area to) is particularly interested in FGR... shame.

Just now, Emperor Palpatine said:

Pure speculation from me, I genuinely thought they would take a few more than that... daytrippers, Ecotricity workers and so on.

Such a poor turnout, noone in this area (I'm from around the area to) is particularly interested in FGR... shame.

I'm from Tetbury only 6 mules away from FGR.

Not many going from here either although my son has gone with a couple of his mates but as I said in another thread for  16's and above the cheapest ticket us £36 which is very poor in my opinion.

13 minutes ago, glynriley said:

gAssholes cheering on Tranmere. 

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/9875/gumps

Not surprised.

Gasheads were giving their usual, premature "this time next year we'll be above you...SHITHEADS" early 2014 so it would've been a particularly bitter pill to swallow when we were storming L1 and they were getting beaten at home by FGR only 10 months later.

Happy Days

They're coming for you Sagheads.

IMG_3841.JPG

4 minutes ago, Between heaven and hell said:

Not many going from here either although my son has gone with a couple of his mates but as I said in another thread for  16's and above the cheapest ticket us £36 which is very poor in my opinion.

6 mules. How far can 1 mule go before you need to change? 

26 minutes ago, Between heaven and hell said:

And that's exactly why they haven't had many sales. £36 minimum before transport/food etc is a lot for non league football even if it is a final.

Wembley has a lot to answer for.

17 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

And that's exactly why they haven't had many sales. £36 minimum before transport/food etc is a lot for non league football even if it is a final.

Wembley has a lot to answer for.

They haven't had a lot of sales because there is simply not a big enough population to support a club even really of conference size let alone football league. They are very lucky they have a wealthy benefactor. 

Nailsworth is tiny and I dread to think what it'll be like with the size of support some teams would bring even in League 2.

In Stroud there is little mention of FGR and IMO this is where they should be trying to draw support from. Transport links are lacking (generally, not just for football) and for a football minded Stroudie Cheltenham is much easier to get to and much more appealing. 

Whilst I wish them luck today because I'd like to see my local side in the league I can't help but wonder if this really is too big a step for such a small club.

1 minute ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

I think Nailsworth is too small to have suburbs, and I`m not sure they would be keen on being described as a suburb of Stroud!

Technically Forest Green is just an area (or small suburb if you will) of Nailsworth. 

Thought they'd take more than 4k. Taunton Town took 7k to Wembley in the 90s for the FA Vase final!

Archived