IGNORED

another long trip with 454 mile round trip to Hull (merged)

Slippin cider

2 hours ago, Rascal said:

635E3246-3B59-43FB-91C2-0AE1DDEAFC75-19276-0000202940599614.png.5faef16b1ac6d060f1b050c8e0f03fc7.png

Only one type of tea old pal.

Typical Dales scenery, only missing the the odd limestone crag and waterfall.

Should be a Swaledale sheep bottom right really.

The Yorkshire Dales really is God's own country, fantastic area.

I'm looking forward to returning in July.

Just now, Nogbad the Bad said:

The tea is bloody foul though.

Just now, Red Right Hand said:

The tea is bloody foul though.

Not up there it's not, the water purity makes a difference.

If you still don't rate it the Timothy Taylor's Landlord is absolutely top notch. 

7 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Never been to Hull (under no illusions, I know it`s a shithole), so looking forward to that one, especially as it is relatively close. Never been to Boro`s or Sunderland`s new grounds either.

Sheffield just up the road too!

The stadium is ok but nothing special. No pubs nearby nor a decent cafe. The whole area is a shithole.

Hull itself is a nice enough town.

To Hull's credit it has no fewer than four pubs which have made it into the CAMRA'S National Inventory of Historic Pub Interiors. 

The Olde Black Boy, with original fittings from 1926, the Olde White Harte, with parts dating back to the C17th, the White Hart with an interior in the manner of a small Edwardian drinking 'palace', and the Polar Bear boasting 'a magnificent ceramic-fronted bar counter - one of only 14 surviving in the whole of the UK. All grade II listed pubs in/near the city centre. Almost worth a trip to visit those. 

How many times have Hull bern up and down since they beat us in THAT final? Bloody yo yo club, awful in the Prem then use their parachute payments to wipe almost everyone out in the Championship. I've never been there, might be tempted to  'tick off a ground', but I loath them so much I'll probably give it a swerve.

2 hours ago, RedM said:

How many times have Hull bern up and down since they beat us in THAT final? Bloody yo yo club, awful in the Prem then use their parachute payments to wipe almost everyone out in the Championship. I've never been there, might be tempted to  'tick off a ground', but I loath them so much I'll probably give it a swerve.

So they do exactly what we'd hope to be doing..?!

3 hours ago, Mrs Miggins Pie Shop said:

To Hull's credit it has no fewer than four pubs which have made it into the CAMRA'S National Inventory of Historic Pub Interiors. 

The Olde Black Boy, with original fittings from 1926, the Olde White Harte, with parts dating back to the C17th, the White Hart with an interior in the manner of a small Edwardian drinking 'palace', and the Polar Bear boasting 'a magnificent ceramic-fronted bar counter - one of only 14 surviving in the whole of the UK. All grade II listed pubs in/near the city centre. Almost worth a trip to visit those. 

Well, you certainly know your pubs Mrs. Miggins, and your mouth watering array of delicious pies are the stuff of legend.

What's more you support Bristol City.

A keen interest in historic pubs and real ale, the doyenne of stupendous pie making, and a BCFC fan to boot - if you don't mind me saying you sound like the perfect woman!

It seems to me Mr. Miggins is a very lucky man indeed. :yes: 

The alternative to Hull being relegated and a long away trip is Hull playing in the Premier League, which is, if anything, worse. League One for them would be a perfect solution to that problem but that's just wishful thinking.

4 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Well, you certainly know your pubs Mrs. Miggins, and your mouth watering array of delicious pies are the stuff of legend.

What's more you support Bristol City.

A keen interest in historic pubs and real ale, the doyenne of stupendous pie making, and a BCFC fan to boot - if you don't mind me saying you sound like the perfect woman!

It seems to me Mr. Miggins is a very lucky man indeed. :yes: 

I have a feeling that Rudolph's already had her.

12 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Ain't it just. I'm going in October. Or am I going to the Moors? I forget. 

19 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Tin hat on but I'm a huge James Herriot fan (got the books, read and re-read a number of times) and from what I can gather now, N. Yorkshire hasn't much changed scenery wise.

One day I will visit Thirsk and all around there...

49 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Tin hat on but I'm a huge James Herriot fan (got the books, read and re-read a number of times) and from what I can gather now, N. Yorkshire hasn't much changed scenery wise.

One day I will visit Thirsk and all around there...

James Herriot was a nom de plume, crap bit of triv but the author took the name having watched Blues keeper of the time. 

3 minutes ago, Blues Fan said:

James Herriot was a nom de plume, crap bit of triv but the author took the name having watched Blues keeper of the time. 

Yep. James 'Alf' Wight. Chose Herriot after scottish GK Jim Herriot who is still going strong aged 77. Didn't he play for your rivals Villa too at one stage?

Edit: Even though Alf Wight was a Scot, he was Sunderland through and through. Regularly watched them when ever he got tickets to Roker.

Archived